Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:17:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Today's performance  (Read 2553 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Today's performance
« Reply #30 on April 14, 2024, 08:35:52 am by Chris Black come back »
McCann has demonstrated again that he can recruit well but it’s fairly reasonable that four out of the regular XI that has done so well the last few months, won’t be here next season (TLT, Craig, Adelakun and Molyneux). This could be wrong but it’s not a wild scenario. McCann will need to recruit well again this summer if we lose them this summer.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 14, 2024, 08:53:34 am by GazLaz »
Regarding the style of play. We make less passes than we did prior to Christmas abs we are more direct. The runs we make in behind are killing teams. Well, it’s not the runs in behind or the passes on behind that’s the key. It’s the joined up thinking and the players with the ball and the players off the ball all knowing what the objective is at any given moment.

Haks goal yesterday, he made that run in behind, Joe delayed the pass, he got back inside and then made the run again.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 14, 2024, 09:02:09 am by andyst79 »
He nearly scored again from another worldy pass by Sterry, apparently it's something they've been working on in training. I must say Haks does seem to have great game awareness and is prepared to gamble on his teammates finding him in space.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 14, 2024, 09:27:59 am by IDM »
Regarding the style of play. We make less passes than we did prior to Christmas abs we are more direct. The runs we make in behind are killing teams. Well, it’s not the runs in behind or the passes on behind that’s the key. It’s the joined up thinking and the players with the ball and the players off the ball all knowing what the objective is at any given moment.

Haks goal yesterday, he made that run in behind, Joe delayed the pass, he got back inside and then made the run again.

Speed of thought, better football “nous” and consistency of performance distinguish between players of the same technical abilities and skills.

Greater awareness and joined up thinking on the pitch is difficult to measure statistically I guess, but you can definitely see it on the pitch..

It’s why the same set of players who have underperformed as a collective can be so much better once that understanding is there.  Maybe a confidence thing as well as the catalyst of a few additions to the squad.

idler2

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 14, 2024, 09:31:53 am by idler2 »

How much have our stats improved Gaz as you have a very in depth view on these things for your job?

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 14, 2024, 01:30:39 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
What I noticed in the 94th minute was that we must have had 6/7 players all pressing round their box.

We are absolutely relentless. Roll on Wembley.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 14, 2024, 03:13:14 pm by ForsolongaRover »
TLT is instrumental in this , I wouldn't trust Lawlor or Jones to do what he does
[/quo5tte]
I seem to remember that when TLT was being (pre)judged that some data expert on here informed us that Jones's distribution was better than TLT's. Data has its limitations.

We just cannot go into 24/25 relying on Jones and Lawlor.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 14, 2024, 03:55:53 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Once the first goal went in we were in total control of play everywhere on the pitch.

The good individual performances came about because of the dominance of the ‘whole’ performance.

This was not a ‘Darren Moore’s’ team style, it was 100% a Grant McCaan’s team style. On the front foot, pressing the opposition when in transition, defending from the front (Joe Ironside will not give up possession of that ball!), intelligent movement off the ball, players aware of one another’s movements, running into spaces because players were anticipating ‘the pass’, tireless running & pressing that had Accy chasing shadows. A consummate performance that could well have had a win by a margin of another two or three goals.

I keep banging on about this & I know there are those who hang their hats on stats but, stats didn’t ‘create’ that performance yesterday the players via the manager & his team did.

Rest, recuperation, then practise, practise, practise.

I forecast much of the same again against Barrow come Saturday i.e., a convincing victory.

Then let the cards lay where they will.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 14, 2024, 04:01:41 pm by drfchound »
The only resemblance to the style that Moore wanted us to play is that we played  out from the back.
Moore had us aimlessly passing across the back four,  then again and then again (keep repeating).
The current team does it with a purpose and much more quickly and with a desire to get the ball to Craig or if the pass is on, getting it up to the front three.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 14, 2024, 05:02:41 pm by ForsolongaRover »
TLT is instrumental in this , I wouldn't trust Lawlor or Jones to do what he does
[/quo5tte]
I seem to remember that when TLT was being (pre)judged that some data expert on here informed us that Jones's distribution was better than TLT's. Data has its limitations.

We just cannot go into 24/25 relying on Jones and Lawlor.

I seem to have managed to insert my post into andyst79’s! I blame my phone, so I’m back on the iPad. Mine starts “I seem to remember…”

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 14, 2024, 05:42:58 pm by Pancho Regan »
Wonderful to re-live yesterday’s performance by watching back those brief highlights a few times.

What strikes me so strongly is the understanding between the players in the build-up to all four goals. They really know their jobs and they clearly have an excellent appreciation of each other - a true team display.

What also stands out to me is the utter composure, confidence and almost nonchalance of Adelakun which is evident in his goal and his assist for Joe.
Just watch those moments again.

This man has a truly natural talent which he is being allowed to revel in with Rovers.
I read some comments on the Lincoln forum last night where their fans are wondering about how and why Haks is showing such “scintillating” form during his loan spell with the Rovers.

I dearly hope that Haks knows this and takes the decision to stay where he is appreciated and where he is excelling.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012