Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:38:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wycombe Away  (Read 2692 times)

philsky

• Forum Member
Wycombe Away
« on April 13, 2017, 10:19:13 am by philsky »
ALL TICKET - no pay on gate

Nearly slipped up there !

#PinnerMassive

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Wycombe Away
« Reply #1 on April 13, 2017, 10:55:16 am by RedJ »
Presumably to make sure everyone who turns up on the day will get in in case it turns out we can win the title there.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 13, 2017, 11:55:57 am by MrFrost »
What is the allocation?

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 13, 2017, 11:56:37 am by ditch_drfc »
Bought mine the other day, I think it was 900 allocation

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 13, 2017, 11:57:32 am by acacia94 »
900 – always think it puts people off if you cant just decide on the morning, turn up and pay on the gate.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 13, 2017, 12:08:38 pm by IDM »
I think their away stand holds more - I suspect we'll get another lot if that 900 gets close to selling out.

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 13, 2017, 12:09:57 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
I think their away stand holds more - I suspect we'll get another lot if that 900 gets close to selling out.

Is it 1 or 2 tiers there?

ck-rtid

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 13, 2017, 12:14:24 pm by ck-rtid »
Single tier behind goal,

Away fans are mostly located at one end of the ground in the Dreams Stand, where just over 2,000 supporters can be accommodated. For teams with a larger following then 350 seats are also made available in the Main Stand, increasing the total allocation to 2,350.

I personally had an enjoyable day at Wycombe. The club has a relaxed friendly feel about it. The ground is situated in a nice setting with a wooded hill over looking the ground (this normally has a small contingent of supporters watching the game for nothing) and with green fields surrounding the other sides. The standard football ground fayre of Cheeseburgers (£3), Hot Dogs (£3), Double Cheeseburgers (£4.50), Phat's Chicken Balti Pie (£3) and Pasties (Cheese or Cornish £3), Sausage Rolls (£2.70) and Chips (£2), are available from the refreshment kiosk.

David Abbott a visiting Northampton Town supporter informs me; 'I have to say what an excellent ground Adams Park is. Good signposting around the ground, good organisation, good atmosphere, excellent view from the away end  and friendly fans. It was a very pleasant visit and if all grounds and supporters were as welcoming and well-behaved as Wycombe the game would be all the better for it'.

Toby Hillier a visiting Brentford fan adds; 'The ground is absolutely splendid and set in wonderful surroundings. Although the atmosphere was pretty flat on my visit, the beating of a drum in the home end often rallied the home fans behind the team. The home fans are a friendly bunch and all of the staff that we encountered were also very friendly. You can park at the ground itself, however it is a nightmare trying to get out at the end of the game. It took us 50 minutes to do the 2 miles back to the motorway. My suggestion would be to park a mile or so away from the ground and walk. This should provide you with a quicker route away from the game'.

Mike Jordan a visiting Torquay United fan tells me; 'I found the home fans, stewards and staff of Wycombe to be friendly & welcoming towards away supporters. Also, for visitors interested in wildlife, at half time or during dull moments, look out for Red Kites drifting over the ground!'

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-two/adams-park-wycombe-wanderers.html#awhat-is-it-like-for-away-supporters

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 13, 2017, 12:19:04 pm by IDM »
one tier, behind the goal, if that end is still for away fans??

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 13, 2017, 12:25:05 pm by RedJ »
Well, if you can't get a ticket, just go and watch on the hill. :laugh:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 13, 2017, 12:30:56 pm by IDM »
As with most clubs, if you live away from Doncaster you can potentially get in the home stands as a neutral?

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 13, 2017, 01:05:44 pm by acacia94 »
From our site and the seating plan it looks like we've only sold about 400 so there's plenty of availability.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 13, 2017, 03:23:33 pm by Herman Hessian »
As with most clubs, if you live away from Doncaster you can potentially get in the home stands as a neutral?

or buy a ticket from Rovers and ask to pick it up at Wycombe on the day if you're not at the KM beforehand - they'll send 'em down for collection, or stick 'em in the post to you at home in good time...

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 13, 2017, 03:43:02 pm by Capmeister »
Single tier behind goal,

Away fans are mostly located at one end of the ground in the Dreams Stand, where just over 2,000 supporters can be accommodated. For teams with a larger following then 350 seats are also made available in the Main Stand, increasing the total allocation to 2,350.

I personally had an enjoyable day at Wycombe. The club has a relaxed friendly feel about it. The ground is situated in a nice setting with a wooded hill over looking the ground (this normally has a small contingent of supporters watching the game for nothing) and with green fields surrounding the other sides. The standard football ground fayre of Cheeseburgers (£3), Hot Dogs (£3), Double Cheeseburgers (£4.50), Phat's Chicken Balti Pie (£3) and Pasties (Cheese or Cornish £3), Sausage Rolls (£2.70) and Chips (£2), are available from the refreshment kiosk.

David Abbott a visiting Northampton Town supporter informs me; 'I have to say what an excellent ground Adams Park is. Good signposting around the ground, good organisation, good atmosphere, excellent view from the away end  and friendly fans. It was a very pleasant visit and if all grounds and supporters were as welcoming and well-behaved as Wycombe the game would be all the better for it'.

Toby Hillier a visiting Brentford fan adds; 'The ground is absolutely splendid and set in wonderful surroundings. Although the atmosphere was pretty flat on my visit, the beating of a drum in the home end often rallied the home fans behind the team. The home fans are a friendly bunch and all of the staff that we encountered were also very friendly. You can park at the ground itself, however it is a nightmare trying to get out at the end of the game. It took us 50 minutes to do the 2 miles back to the motorway. My suggestion would be to park a mile or so away from the ground and walk. This should provide you with a quicker route away from the game'.

Mike Jordan a visiting Torquay United fan tells me; 'I found the home fans, stewards and staff of Wycombe to be friendly & welcoming towards away supporters. Also, for visitors interested in wildlife, at half time or during dull moments, look out for Red Kites drifting over the ground!'

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-two/adams-park-wycombe-wanderers.html#awhat-is-it-like-for-away-supporters

Reads like a brochure for a holiday the above. The ground's in an industrial estate, albeit a rather up market one but then it is Wycombe. Parking's a beast and their only claim to fame is that smug bloke who used to be on BBC breakfast and kept bees. Bet he never slept on a station platform following the chairboys lol

Alex Gordon

« Reply #14 on April 15, 2017, 01:16:48 am by Alex Gordon »
I live near the Wycombe ground and can recommend the White Horse pub, on the A40 West Wycombe Road between the town centre and the ground. Strippers from lunchtime (£1 in a pot) and they say that they're the away fans pub. (No charge to get in) If the weather's good park there and walk to the ground  (25 - 30 minutes) otherwise taxi.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012