Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:35:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Today's game  (Read 3984 times)

DRFCMach2man

• Forum Member
Today's game
« on April 14, 2017, 04:59:13 pm by DRFCMach2man »
A good point for us and Plymouth and Portsmouth drawing means everything as it was with 1 game less to go. Good day alround really. :rtid: :woohoo:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyallday

• Forum Member
Re: Today's game
« Reply #1 on April 14, 2017, 05:03:16 pm by donnyallday »
Agreed  :scarf:

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 14, 2017, 05:15:15 pm by andysly »
Before kick off Plymouth needed 1.2 pts more a game to catch us, now they need 1.5.
And that's not taking GD into consideration

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 14, 2017, 05:15:32 pm by LincsRover »
 :that:

:scarf:

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 14, 2017, 06:17:39 pm by albie »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 14, 2017, 06:20:26 pm by the vicar »
On the light of it was not a good point as we battered them second half

ballysbackin

« Reply #6 on April 14, 2017, 06:32:02 pm by ballysbackin »
He is an angry man and there will be fresh faces at the end of the season. He has to do with what he has got just for last few games, I only hope it does not turn to Rat Shit.IMO wrong set up today but I know nowt

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 14, 2017, 06:45:07 pm by idler »
 My son said exactly the same when he saw the team.
We did get a point but three would have deflated Plymouth in my opinion.
As long as we don't lose to Blackpool we are still  on course.
I don't see any nerves in this team.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 14, 2017, 06:56:00 pm by Prez »
Had to laugh when questioned about Baudry. "Yeah he scored but he was rubbish!"

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 14, 2017, 06:56:21 pm by balbyrover »
DF post match interview;
BBC Radio Sheffield - Football Heaven, Darren Ferguson: 'We were miles off it today'

Changes Monday!

Good interview and he doesnt mince his words.
Not a fan of singling players out as "rubbish" though,tell them in the dressing room but it doesn't need to be said publicly.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 14, 2017, 06:58:51 pm by idler »
Maybe that attitude will work with players that respect the manager.
It also stops them getting complacent and perhaps Baudry wasn't following instructions.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 14, 2017, 07:10:58 pm by roversontheup »
DF post match interview;
BBC Radio Sheffield - Football Heaven, Darren Ferguson: 'We were miles off it today'

Changes Monday!

Not a fan of singling players out as "rubbish" though,tell them in the dressing room but it doesn't need to be said publicly.
I tend to agree but as Fergie said, he has heaped praise on the players all season so they have to take the flip side of the coin too. Perhaps he felt Baudreys performance was there for all to see and so no point flowering it up!

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 14, 2017, 07:24:43 pm by Drover »
DF post match interview;

Changes Monday!

I tend to agree but as Fergie said, he has heaped praise on the players all season so they have to take the flip side of the coin too. Perhaps he felt Baudreys performance was there for all to see and so no point flowering it up!

Thing is,we did'nt fail to win today JUST because Baudry was rubbish,it was because several players must have been below their average and thats why it is not the norm for a manager to single a player out publicly.Having said that,I don't think DF is in a habit of going that far normally.I wonder if he's angrier than normal,due to the fact he wants to win the title so badly?Seeing that he's never done it before.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 14, 2017, 07:30:52 pm by PDX_Rover »
I think it's good that he's not happy when performances are below bar. Doesn't settle. Doesn't let them cruise.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 14, 2017, 07:33:36 pm by Pancho Regan »
I've got to respect him for not holding back! It's not as if he makes a habit of criticising the players in public, I just think he said it how he felt it.

Sorry to hear that Williams & Copps might not feature again this season, and how unlucky has Mandeville been? It shows the strength of the squad that we can lose these players and not be adversely affected.

Baudry on the bench Monday then!

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 14, 2017, 07:43:21 pm by rich1471 »
He should start on Monday  Fergie said his piece lets move on and win the title the first half was not good today and lucky to get a point

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 14, 2017, 08:27:17 pm by drfchound »
Baudry should start on Monday.
If your best players are available they should be on the pitch.
What is wrong with Copps and Williams please?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 14, 2017, 09:07:07 pm by RedJ »
Well Copps has shit hair for a start... ;)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 14, 2017, 10:00:57 pm by Campsall rover »
A game of 2 halves if ever there was one.
1st half awful, 2nd half what a transformation, played like champions, except for 3 gilt edged chances squandered.
DF changed formations at half time and played Tommy Rowe in the hole behind the strikers and he caused havoc.
For me that is his best position and i am sure he will play there on a regular basis in the future. (certainly when Copps finishes)
Butler, McCulloch and Rowe when he changed role 2nd half, had outstanding performances.
A decent point away at a team with very good home form,although should have won it with those 2nd half chances.
Plymouth drew also so we are getting nearer to that Winners Trophy. :thumbsup:

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 14, 2017, 10:10:07 pm by Herman Hessian »
good point; particularly enjoyed the "barry and paul" song - looking forward to tearing in to those f**kers next season 😆

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 14, 2017, 10:41:51 pm by pib »
Don't think Baudry should be singled out.  Bad first half from everyone.  I thought it was Blair's worst game of the season.

Good second half though.  I just wish we would have a go at goal more at times.  Tommy Rowe particularly guilty of trying to walk it in.  Then again we have scored 82 so we are doing something right.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 14, 2017, 10:48:48 pm by nice one rovers »
good point; particularly enjoyed the "barry and paul" song - looking forward to tearing in to those f**kers next season 😆

It got a bit tiring after hearing it for a further 3 1/2hours on the train home though!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 15, 2017, 05:56:05 am by Alan Southstand »
'There will be changes on Monday but who comes in? We are getting down to the bare bones now. The squad is not that big! Where is Lund, by the way? No Copps or Williams or Mandeville to call on. To me, that leaves us with JM and AM and that's it for strikers.

Wright and ATS defensively and then there's Middleton in midfield. The rest are kids!

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 15, 2017, 09:44:42 am by Rovers91 »
I don't think Baudry will be affected by the comments and if he was a player likely to be affected by public criticism I don't think Fergie would have done it. I think he will start Monday.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012