Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:22:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Best performance of the season  (Read 3227 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Best performance of the season
« Reply #30 on October 26, 2022, 07:15:11 pm by ravenrover »
I thought we played very well against a typical Evans team

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 26, 2022, 08:27:52 pm by donnievic »
typical evans team!!!!really I thought thought tried playing football at times when at least they did have the ball,one thing they was better than us was the crosses into the box

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 26, 2022, 08:40:45 pm by Michael Shaw »
There was a time we used to win games in the Championship. Now fans are proud of our performance when we lose in League Two. I despair with this club and the fans. What happened to the pride and ambition we once had?

This is such an isolated, myopic viewpoint. Painful to read.

So if we play good football and lose every game that is something that will satisfy most fans on here. That's why we are in league Two and not even in the playoffs. Personally, I like to see us WIN.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on October 26, 2022, 09:03:45 pm by ravenrover »
typical evans team!!!!really I thought thought tried playing football at times when at least they did have the ball,one thing they was better than us was the crosses into the box
Get it in the box at every opportunity be it from a wing cross or just a punt forward, typical Evans and if you can't stop the ball stop the man typical Evans and if you go a goal up start time wasting from that moment on typical Evans

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 26, 2022, 09:52:06 pm by dickos1 »

We should’ve scored 3 yesterday all 3 chances were created by crosses.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 26, 2022, 10:17:02 pm by NickDRFC »
There was a time we used to win games in the Championship. Now fans are proud of our performance when we lose in League Two. I despair with this club and the fans. What happened to the pride and ambition we once had?

This is such an isolated, myopic viewpoint. Painful to read.

So if we play good football and lose every game that is something that will satisfy most fans on here. That's why we are in league Two and not even in the playoffs. Personally, I like to see us WIN.

Literally no one here is saying that if we play well and lose every game they will be happy. What they are saying is that we’ve served up utter shite for almost two years and been relegated as a result. Last night was clear progress, under a new manager, and bodes well for the future. If we continue to play as well as that, we’ll easily pick up plenty of good results.

If you look in isolation that people aren’t disappointed with a home defeat to Stevenage, then sure, that looks odd.

But if you look at it as a much, much better performance than we ever put in under McSheffrey in his 50 odd games in charge, and 9 times out of 10 we’d have picked up a result against a side sitting well up the table, that means that despite the result there’s reason for hope that the slide can be arrested and we can progress once more. The context makes the performance far more important than the result.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on October 26, 2022, 10:47:58 pm by dickos1 »
We’ve had months of people telling us we’ve been lucky and performances are poor, even when we were winning the performances were not good enough. Now the same people are telling us the performances count for nothing if you keep getting beat…

Crackers

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 27, 2022, 09:35:37 am by EasyforDennis »

Don't agree. I though we were very good at getting crosses into the box, unfortunately we couldn't get the finishing touch when the ball was in the box.
Billy Sharp would have had a hat trick before half time.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 27, 2022, 01:56:04 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
We’ve had months of people telling us we’ve been lucky and performances are poor, even when we were winning the performances were not good enough. Now the same people are telling us the performances count for nothing if you keep getting beat…

Crackers

Don't generalise so much. The people your on about will never be happy and it shouldn't surprise anyone at this point it's not worth mentioning.

Majority on this thread, one about how this was the best performance of the season, are well happy. Just as the majority earlier on in the season were rightly pointing out that if we play like we were we'd get beat more often than not.

The feeling on this subject has been pretty consistent when you take the usual suspects out of it.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 28, 2022, 06:24:55 pm by Upton Rover »
Took us 60+ minutes to get a shot on target, otherwise one game that we should have got at least 1 point

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on October 28, 2022, 07:01:19 pm by dickos1 »
Took us 60+ minutes to get a shot on target, otherwise one game that we should have got at least 1 point

Millers volley was going in until it was deflected over.
Shots on target don’t mean much, chances created much more beneficial stat

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on October 28, 2022, 07:22:02 pm by drfchound »

Shots on target that are blocked by defenders don’t count as shots on target in the published stats.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 28, 2022, 08:41:44 pm by Spud »
Neither does Biggins' effort that hit the bar.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012