Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:54:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tonight  (Read 2704 times)

tommy toes

• Forum Member
Tonight
« on August 09, 2016, 10:58:21 pm by tommy toes »
Decent performance. Some of the new players look to be good signings. Blair, Wright and Marquis very good. Garrett looks a bit shaky. Mandeville has improved and is stronger. Pity can't say the same for Middleton who wasn't involved at all.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
Re: Tonight
« Reply #1 on August 09, 2016, 11:02:44 pm by Retdon1 »
Middleton just isn't good enough, doesn't add anything to the team at all.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 09, 2016, 11:07:51 pm by pib »
Enough positives there.  First half was a bit pedestrian but 2nd half much better.  We got higher up the pitch and put much more pressure on them.

I've been impressed in the two games with what I've seen from Marquis and Blair.  Both grafters who add something different to the side.  Joe Wright looked assured too and Garrett looked okay.

The major concerns are the persistence of the 352 formation even though it leaves us woefully exposed on the break, and our not-totally-unrelated penchant for conceding last minute goals.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 09, 2016, 11:09:17 pm by steve@dcfd »
If he doesn't improve and take responsibility when he plays then he will go down as DFs worst signing.

At the moment in my opinion he is the last choice in centre midfield and he is only getting a chance because McCullough and Keegan are injured and Coppinger is 35 and can't play every game.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 09, 2016, 11:20:56 pm by Donny Exile in York »
If he doesn't improve and take responsibility when he plays then he will go down as DFs worst signing.

At the moment in my opinion he is the last choice in centre midfield and he is only getting a chance because McCullough and Keegan are injured and Coppinger is 35 and can't play every game.

If your on about Middleton being DFs worst signing, he wasn't signed by DF, he's come through the youth ranks.

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 09, 2016, 11:23:29 pm by donny dave »
[/quote
He will be a good player,

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 09, 2016, 11:24:24 pm by RedJ »
Genuinely didn't realise he w as even playing until he was taken off.

All round though, a good performance against a supposedly better team. Thought we were gonna nick it at one point.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 09, 2016, 11:32:09 pm by steve@dcfd »

If your on about Middleton being DFs worst signing, he wasn't signed by DF, he's come through the youth ranks.

I appreciate that but he was given a three year contract last year at the same time as Evina by DF.

bradford exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 10, 2016, 08:47:06 am by bradford exile »

Is this the same Middleton that was going to fill Wellens boots??????????????????

Regards

Ray

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 10, 2016, 10:09:24 am by goalkick »
At one of the meet the owners meeting ferg said Middleton was team leader material  :facepalm:

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 10, 2016, 10:15:03 am by Alan Southstand »
My arse! If he's team leader material, then God help the rest of them.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 10, 2016, 11:57:12 am by Bezza »
team leader is what we need but i doubt it would be Middleton .like Copps but he aint no captain no one has taken the role since Rob Jones left ,maybe Baudry could be the answer

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 10, 2016, 04:02:13 pm by drfchound »

Is this the same Middleton that was going to fill Wellens boots??????????????????

Regards

Ray

When we had Wellens in the team i actually thought that Middleton looked confident and would make his mark.
Since RW left HM has become a shadow of the player he looked like developing into.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 10, 2016, 04:26:31 pm by idler »
I agree with that hound. He certainly seemed to have more about him then.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012