Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:45:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No Brighton ticket for me...  (Read 1817 times)

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
No Brighton ticket for me...
« on August 03, 2011, 10:26:37 am by roverssam1879 »
:(  as i have not been successful in my application for what seem to be as rare as willy wonka's golden tickets

i thought about just sticking the money on a rovers win at ladbrokes they are 10/3 to win on the internet so £40 would return £170 if we won.

how do you all rate our chances ?, IMO the bookies have got this one wrong and some decent money can be made, i have faith in the rovers...:scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: No Brighton ticket for me...
« Reply #1 on August 03, 2011, 10:39:03 am by MrFrost »
I take it we have sold the extra 350 then.
Shame there will still be 600 empty seats in the away end which really should have had.

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 03, 2011, 10:49:33 am by roverssam1879 »
well from what others have said and the fact that i cannot get through to the ticket office EVER, i have recieved no call from them. i have written all the chances off and in any case wouldnt be keen on going down without sorting some diggs out first, like i had planned to do last wednesday. whcih is a real shame as i was very happy to see we had Brighton first, if there are empty seats then shame on DRFC along with BHAFC for poor communication.

im very envoius of those who are able to get a ticket, i do hope it is worth the jouney for you, and rovers bring the 3 points back to the keepmoat !!!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 03, 2011, 10:52:12 am by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"roverssam\" post=171848
:(  as i have not been successful in my application for what seem to be as rare as willy wonka's golden tickets

i thought about just sticking the money on a rovers win at ladbrokes they are 10/3 to win on the internet so £40 would return £170 if we won.

how do you all rate our chances ?, IMO the bookies have got this one wrong and some decent money can be made, i have faith in the rovers...:scarf:

? Sam I understand from those trying at BHA that there are one or two tickets left. That's as of 11:00 this morning , the fella got rejected because he wasn't on the system. Strange carry on this allocation business!
Suggest you check again just to make sure.

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 03, 2011, 10:54:11 am by roverssam1879 »
Cheers Hoolahoop. so its best to call BHAFC then ?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 03, 2011, 10:56:26 am by hoolahoop »
No he rang the Rovers TO apparently..

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 03, 2011, 10:59:47 am by MrFrost »
Right farce.
Seriously, how hard is it to organise. Never known anything like it.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 03, 2011, 11:31:11 am by Filo »
Seriously, can you see hoards of Brighton fans coming up to the Keepmoat ticket office trying to get a ticket for the away end, why do you need to be on the system to get a ticket!

The situation is a farce the Football League should get involved as well as the supporters representative groups, from what info i`ve read this is all Brightons Doing!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 03, 2011, 11:44:41 am by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=171863
Seriously, can you see hoards of Brighton fans coming up to the Keepmoat ticket office trying to get a ticket for the away end, why do you need to be on the system to get a ticket!

The situation is a farce the Football League should get involved as well as the supporters representative groups, from what info i`ve read this is all Brightons Doing!

I couldn't agree more and think that they had ulterior motives initially hence the spread of the tickets coupled with the 1 ticket per STH policy. Was the 1 ticket per. STH policy made by our TO because they weren't forthcoming in the 1st instance with our initial ticket request.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 03, 2011, 11:47:02 am by hoolahoop »
Finally thank you BHAFC for depriving the supporters of DRFC of their right to see a football match.........I hope you're proud of yourselves. :(

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 03, 2011, 11:57:33 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
I've been trying to get through to the ticket office for two days. Monday I spent a total of 40 minutes (2x20mins) in the phone queue, yesterday was 30 minutes without success.

I phoned the Keepmoat reception on the off chance, to ask what was going on. Apparently there are only two members of staff working in the ticket office at the moment as someone on maternity leave has not been replaced, and they have been swamped with the concert, rugby etc, etc.

I wonder how many casual match tickets/season tickets have been lost through people not being arsed to sit on the phone for two days.

I don't blame the staff as they are obviously working their arses off, but all these little things add up across the organisation and it needs someone to be aware of problems like these and deal with them.

ferribyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 03, 2011, 12:40:09 pm by ferribyrover »
What's going on at the TO? Never been this bad.
Simply can't get through by phone...and season starts Saturday!!!!
Hopeless. No Brighton tickets for me either, although I would have liked to talk to a TO advisor to confirm this.

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 03, 2011, 12:42:42 pm by Albert Trousers »
Gutted for those without tickets but on the Brighton forum (northstand chat) there is a thread about the game being shown live in America therefore streams should be available to those that can't make it.

ferribyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 03, 2011, 12:56:17 pm by ferribyrover »
OMG, spoke too soon, finally got through, just after previous post and got tickets.
There are a few left...but be very very patient if calling by phone.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012