Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:59:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Loan signings  (Read 2346 times)

herouk87

• Forum Member
Loan signings
« on August 04, 2011, 07:39:05 pm by herouk87 »
Our squad is looking a lot stronger than it has for teh previous few seasons but it wouldn't hurt to get a few loans in too. Anyone got any suggestions for players. We could do with a big fast CB from somewhere and maybe a striker now that Vine isn't coming.

There's always room for improvement and we might find another Billy/JE/Mason

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobbymax

• VSC Member
Re: Loan signings
« Reply #1 on August 04, 2011, 07:43:48 pm by bobbymax »
I don't know, some people are never satisfied.

george-friend

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 04, 2011, 07:46:02 pm by george-friend »
Chris Wood would be decent. B)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 04, 2011, 07:58:25 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We don't need any attacking players, why do you think Vine was told we weren't going to loan him? We have enough as it is. Perhaps a CM while Stock, Woods, Wilson and Keegan are out, we could also do with cover in all of the defensive positions too.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 04, 2011, 08:05:35 pm by steve@dcfd »
Cannot see the club forking out for any loan signings unless we get more injuries over the next 5/6 weeks. Sean  has utilised the budget he was given to the best of his ability. Lets hope it is enough to gain some good results.   We must remember, although we are not a selling club, we have kept hold of Billy and Copps.

george-friend

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 04, 2011, 08:18:43 pm by george-friend »
Quote from: \"DonnyOsmond\" post=172394
We don't need any attacking players, why do you think Vine was told we weren't going to loan him? We have enough as it is. Perhaps a CM while Stock, Woods, Wilson and Keegan are out, we could also do with cover in all of the defensive positions too.

So imagine Billy is injured that leaves us with Hayter and Brown up front,I don't really fancy that. :blush:

Or maybe Billy's sold before August,leaves us very vulnerable in my opinion.

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 04, 2011, 08:31:37 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
Thought youd be satisfied after todays signings! Oh well. Cant see us using the loan market unless we are desperate. Frankly i dont think we need any loans. hmm

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 04, 2011, 08:36:02 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Quote from: \"george-friend\" post=172405

So imagine Billy is injured that leaves us with Hayter and Brown up front,I don't really fancy that. :blush:

What's the point in having Brown and Hayter if people don't think they're good enough to cover when other players are injured?

Very vulnerable and with over £3 million available. Not bad.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 04, 2011, 08:55:55 pm by RoversAlias »
I don't think it is unreasonable at all to say we may need one or two loan signings. I doubt we will mind, we've signed a lot of players so the budget may be stretched thin now. But all summer we've said we need a new imposing centre half and I don't think anybody really expected us to be happy and done with a 34 year old and two unproven youngsters in that position. I am certainly not criticising these signings at all, I'm looking forward to seeing how they get on, just saying it's not a case of extreme pessimism to say we might need one...for now, let's see how we get on.

Same on the striker front...if injuries hit Sharp, Hayter or Brown we don't have anyone. So again, not exactly ludicrous to suggest we might need another forward.

All of that said...roll on Saturday!

EDIT: I have to say I aree with DonnyOsmond on that point though - Hayter and Brown would be a much more than satisfactory front two if Billy is injured, no doubt about it. My point is if they too get taken out of action...I think we have three very good forwards on the books at the minute.

george-friend

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 04, 2011, 09:12:01 pm by george-friend »
Quote from: \"DonnyOsmond\" post=172417
Quote from: \"george-friend\" post=172405

What's the point in having Brown and Hayter if people don't think they're good enough to cover when other players are injured?

Very vulnerable and with over £3 million available. Not bad.

I think Hayters good enough,not sure on Brown so won't really comment on ability wise but i do know Brown and Hayter are different strikers to Billy...
I'm not moaning just saying...

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 04, 2011, 10:15:46 pm by Alan Southstand »
Browny, if he stays fit, gives us a completely different dimension to what we've had previously and it allows SOD to change it around 'horses for courses' style. There will be games when playing Billy as the loan striker is just too predictable and that's where Chris comes in. He's a big lad and won't be pushed around (not that Billy would, mind) so that creates problems for the opposition during set-pieces and when was the last time we could chuck in a high ball for anyone?

The attacking options are endless and that's great, but we should temper the optimism until and if we sort out the middle of the midfield/defence. If either of Gillet/Friend/Naylor pick up an injury early-doors, then we've no back-up. The only 2 I can think of, who can cover are (potentially) JOC and Wilson, but they're both injured. I still believe we are those 2 players away from being comfortable, but budgets being what they are, we'll have to suck it and see.

We have a tough start on paper, but who knows what'll happen, a bit more luck with injuries to the 'nearly ready' wouldn't go amiss, for starters!

herouk87

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 05, 2011, 07:59:44 am by herouk87 »
We all keep saying that we just need a bit of luck with injuries but the situation is getting worse year on year. Last year we had 14 (i think) players out at one time and I think something similar could hapen again this year cos nothings changed. Pitch is still (basically) the same. Same physio and conditioning coaching.

Personally I'd like to see Jack Barmby from Man Utd. Great feet and passing ability. Would be good until Stock got fit

dijit8

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 05, 2011, 08:54:48 am by dijit8 »
I think we could do with a centre back at least to cover us till JOC and Martis are fit.

In other positions i think its a case of going with what we have got.

Once the premier league teams name their 25 man squads there may be the possibility of getting someone.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 05, 2011, 01:20:48 pm by RobTheRover »
We have.... Bouhenna.  I saw enough from him to know he would do a great job.

PACMAN

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 05, 2011, 02:35:20 pm by PACMAN »
Quote from: \"dijit8\" post=172529
I think we could do with a centre back at least to cover us till JOC and Martis are fit.

In other positions i think its a case of going with what we have got.

Once the premier league teams name their 25 man squads there may be the possibility of getting someone.

Think we're pretty much full in the CB department as once they are all fit we have:
Naylor
Friend
Bouhenna
Hird
Lockwood
Martis
JOC
Radford
Even Tommy Spurr has been known to play there!!

Surely we can find a pairing out of that lot? I suspect Naylor and Friend will start tomorrow but once the rest are fit, only SOD knows!! The squad looks to have a lot more depth this season and I reckon loans will only come in if we have another injury crisis or someone exceptional becomes available.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012