Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:49:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Post match interviews - worth a listen - great questions.  (Read 1293 times)

1-0 to the Doncaster

• Forum Member
Excellent questions from Tom Biltcliffe.
Manager on the ropes. Surely he's goes this week.
Ben Close being diplomatic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fbztn8

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fbzwxg

Schofield out. Copps out.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
Re: Post match interviews - worth a listen - great questions.
« Reply #1 on March 25, 2023, 10:32:26 pm by Butchers Red »
Wow - I actually feel sorry for him hearing that - it's like letting a blind man drive a bus.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 25, 2023, 10:42:50 pm by Prez »
Jesus wept ive only just listening to this. Hes so far detached from reality, its untrue. Hes lost, devoid of any eloquent or constructive responses, just fumbling along with tired cliches, no solution as to how we are going to get better, how we are going to create more, chances or eradicate mistakes.

Hes blinded by his own arrogance.

What a mess.

Credit for the interviewer, its refreshing that at last one of the press should be giving him a tough time.

pigeonhole

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 26, 2023, 02:07:33 am by pigeonhole »
Ben Close, “ I’m not too bothered if I make a mistake.”

In an interview earlier in the season, “I’ve never experienced a promotion.”

Mate. Do you think there could be a link between those comments?

He’s creeping into Dodoo, Jackson, Chimbonda territory. Wet, useless mercenary

pigeonhole

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 26, 2023, 02:25:57 am by pigeonhole »
And I think Molyneux is worse! His pass completion rate must be less than 10%. I wouldn’t pass to him if he was playing for my senior team. Stop giving the ball away and do something constructive. Awful. Just rubbish. And these are our marquee signings of the past few summers. Who does our scouting? Chris McCausland? Louis Braille? Some Rotherham fans?

Yeah no, moments, processes, first contacts, phases, pockets. That’s football.

B0110cks. Tackles, crosses, shots, saves...ATTACKS.  That’s football.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 26, 2023, 06:46:26 am by ncRover »
“Nobody knows if the ball is going to go up, down, sideways or in f***ing circles, least of all supporters right? It’s all a fugayzi, you know what a fugayzi is?”

“Fugayzi. It’s fake.”

"Fugayzi, fugazi. It's a whazy. It's a woozie. It's fairy dust. It doesn't exist. It's never landed. It is no matter. It's not on the elemental chart. It's not f***ing real.”

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 26, 2023, 07:08:09 am by dickos1 »

A footballer not concerned about making a mistake is exactly how it should be, if a player walks out onto a pitch scared to death of making a mistake that’s a player that never gets involved in a game

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 26, 2023, 08:03:15 am by Canadian Rover »

A footballer not concerned about making a mistake is exactly how it should be, if a player walks out onto a pitch scared to death of making a mistake that’s a player that never gets involved in a game

100% agree

Confidence to show for a ball, to try that pass, to shoot leads and also beats XG (somehow,)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 26, 2023, 08:49:52 am by Campsall rover »
Just listened to that interview.

He is blinded by his own arrogance. “I am going to do it my way no matter how long it takes”

Doesn’t matter that his process isn’t working. Not only isn’t it working but it is delivering even worse performances as time goes by.

More and more mistakes are being made. The same mistakes are occurring on a regular basis.

The players confidence is slowly ( not slowly ) very quickly being eroded.
That is obvious you can see that. Yes they are trying, but when confidence goes so does the level of work rate required.

“We need to improve” “we need to be better in attacking areas, we need more shots on goal and on target”

He has been saying the same things after every game for almost 3 months.
It’s getting worse DS worse DS not better.

For crying out loud please put us all out of our despair and give this man his P45

This cannot go on any longer.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 26, 2023, 08:56:41 am by Campsall rover »
And I think Molyneux is worse! His pass completion rate must be less than 10%. I wouldn’t pass to him if he was playing for my senior team. Stop giving the ball away and do something constructive. Awful. Just rubbish. And these are our marquee signings of the past few summers. Who does our scouting? Chris McCausland? Louis Braille? Some Rotherham fans?

Yeah no, moments, processes, first contacts, phases, pockets. That’s football.

B0110cks. Tackles, crosses, shots, saves...ATTACKS.  That’s football.
Molyneux was one of the best players in league 2 last season.

It’s this coach that’s turned them into quivering wrecks.

Miller, Hurst, Molyneux, Biggins were all good signings last summer. This coach iis the fault. End of

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 26, 2023, 09:39:04 am by normal rules »
I can’t comment specifically on his “plan”, because I don’t fully understand it. But we had a saying in the army that rings true and has shown time and again to be very very telling. “No plan survives contact with the Enemy.”
The British Army are not what they are because they have millions of troops, or superior firepower, it’s because they are adaptable, they are taught to improvise. They overcome challenges thrown at them.
Schofields plan seems to be lacking any of this, and he seems equally unwilling to change it on a match by match basis. We all know that in football different teams bring differing threats. You have to put yourself in the strongest position to counter this, and be willing to change to suit.
You only have to look at him on the touch line to see there is little or no interaction between him and team during the game. This tells me there is no adapting, no improvising, and as a result we are not overcoming the different challenges that are being thrown at them.
If he thinks having the same approach to every game is going to reap benefits, he is deluded. The plan may work on occasion, but it certainly won’t work more often than not, and we are seeing that now.
Hoskins and pinnock were always going to be the threat yesterday and rovers did little to counter them.

pigeonhole

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 26, 2023, 09:48:54 am by pigeonhole »

As the saying goes, you shouldn’t drink and type... I was focussing on the ‘not bothered’ bit rather than mistake. Of course I agree that players should play without fear but not without professional integrity.  In the second half yesterday, Close gave the ball away, cheaply, in a dangerous position and made the most feeble half hearted attempt to win the ball back. It might be that he is just painfully slow but it reeked of not being bothered. He gave the Crawley player a free shot for their equaliser. He politely pauses to allow players to run past him, like he’s queuing in Asda. This cost us a goal against Harrogate.

Maybe I’m nit picking because I’m frustrated and angry but Close epitomises the whole ethos of the team for me at the moment.

KC_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 26, 2023, 10:09:23 am by KC_DRFC »

As the saying goes, you shouldn’t drink and type... I was focussing on the ‘not bothered’ bit rather than mistake. Of course I agree that players should play without fear but not without professional integrity.  In the second half yesterday, Close gave the ball away, cheaply, in a dangerous position and made the most feeble half hearted attempt to win the ball back. It might be that he is just painfully slow but it reeked of not being bothered. He gave the Crawley player a free shot for their equaliser. He politely pauses to allow players to run past him, like he’s queuing in Asda. This cost us a goal against Harrogate.

Maybe I’m nit picking because I’m frustrated and angry but Close epitomises the whole ethos of the team for me at the moment.

Look at the goal we conceded at Crawley. Could've been easily avoided if Close had just stuck a foot in as the player is shooting.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 03:56:54 pm by KC_DRFC »

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 26, 2023, 10:31:08 am by ncRover »
The game has moved on from players like Close .

He is no technically or physically better than Bostock and latter couldn’t get another football league contract.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 26, 2023, 01:59:07 pm by Campsall rover »
The game has moved on from players like Close .

He is no technically or physically better than Bostock and latter couldn’t get another football league contract.
Close would be good player in league 2 & imo an even better player in League1 if he had the right 2 midfield players along side him.
We don’t have those 2 players.
1) mobile ball winning midfielder
2) a box to box goal scoring midfielder. ( someone like Paul Green was )

TinyPortal © 2005-2012