Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:27:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bottomley  (Read 1504 times)

albie

• Forum Member
Bottomley
« on April 15, 2023, 05:28:15 pm by albie »
Is it time to give this lad a go?

Nowt to play for, and Mitchell out of sorts.
Assuming Jones is still injured, what have we got to lose giving him a chance?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: Bottomley
« Reply #1 on April 15, 2023, 05:38:05 pm by Alan Southstand »
Not good enough!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 15, 2023, 05:53:15 pm by selby »
  You will know that Alan being at the games he has played in over the last three years won't you.
  To be honest Alan I don't think you would know the lad if he bumped into you in the street, but the throw away line suits your rhetoric at the moment.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 05:56:16 pm by selby »

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 15, 2023, 05:55:41 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
If he’s worth a pro contract then he needs to play. Waste of money if we don’t trust him when our no1 is all at sea.

Mitchell doesn’t have a future at the club Bottomley might. No brainier

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 15, 2023, 06:44:42 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
Watching him in the warm up, I’d rather stick with Mitchell! I’m sure the lad will develop over time, but not ready yet. Needs more loan games.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 15, 2023, 06:48:34 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
He’s in the squad, so we have so many home grown players. They have no intention of picking him, he’s a walking squad number. We need a squad where every player has a real chance of playing.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 15, 2023, 07:09:53 pm by Alan Southstand »
If he’s going to be bumper up to a decent keeper, then I’ll give you that, Selby. As for ‘rhetoric’, give up man. If you think the standards are acceptable then perhaps you need to have a good, hard think about that.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 15, 2023, 07:46:01 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Not good enough!

Neither is Mitchell. Nowhere near good enough

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 16, 2023, 01:36:26 am by selby »
  Alan, I am not commenting on Bottomley, I know you have not seen him play unless you were at Pickering,u18s when covid restrictions stopped spectators attending, and Lincoln United games over the last two seasons, so you don't know his standards, but will comment on them.
  You use a throw away line for effect, and dish a lad you have hardly seen only in training before a game, if you still go to games that is, give over its not needed, if that's your standard to be noticed the best of luck to you, have a think about that yourself.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 16, 2023, 08:28:03 am by Alan Southstand »
I take from that you think he is good enough to be our first team keeper!

Let’s see.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 16, 2023, 08:37:33 am by Canadian Rover »
I take from that you think he is good enough to be our first team keeper!

Let’s see.

Alan, I think the whole point is Mitchell definitely isn't god enough to be our #1 and he has proven this time and time again. So I guess we are saying let's give someone else the opportunity. What it really comes down to is a lack of investment in that position (Mcsheffery spoke about how little Mitchell was paid) so I guess we need to see significant investment in that all important position.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 16, 2023, 10:41:39 am by Alan Southstand »
Absolutely, Canadian.

Supporters are desperate to try anything at all - that’s how bad it’s become. It’s really sad.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 16, 2023, 10:41:48 am by pib »
Got to be worth a go for the last few games. Mitchell, whilst having some redeeming features, has proven not good enough and is a player we should be looking to replace in the summer.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 16, 2023, 05:44:02 pm by selby »
  Alan, I admit I really don't know myself having not seen a lot of him, but when I have he has done well.
  However the coaches whose opinions I respect thought he was a good keeper with promise and signed him two years ago and Jones before him, Luke Chadwick losing out and going to Chesterfield who I saw more of and rated.
  It is the throw away "not good enough" I object to when like me you don't really know, its not the time for comments like that, and even more unfair on the lad himself, I will however state I personally prefer Jones over Mitchell and he has been unlucky getting injured and could not have cost us as many points surely.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 16, 2023, 05:54:57 pm by Alan Southstand »
Selby, just when is the right time for a bit of straight talking? Let’s face it, you didn’t hold back when Alfie May was with us - you absolutely didn’t hold back - and I don’t remember having words with you about that. Everyone’s got an opinion and it matters not to me that Alfie has well and truly put your comments to bed.

I just think it’s time for the Club to get ruthless. We’ve been drifting along aimlessly, with the funding drying up and look where we are! They have to get it right this summer and that starts with getting in the quality we so desperately want and need.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012