Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:05:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: You stupid boy / chasing the 92 Grounds (at my age)  (Read 1059 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
You stupid boy / chasing the 92 Grounds (at my age)
« on April 19, 2023, 06:20:18 pm by Donnywolf »
What a time to revisit my "Visit the 92" ambition. Wrong side of 60  :lol: and decided its now or never and went to the 9 League One Grounds that I hadnt visited from the heat of AFC Wimbledon to the cool of Stevenage with the floods of Crawley in the middle somewhere

Ive had a great craic on the Coaches (cheers Paul Len and Dave) , tremendous company as everybody is friendly and love their banter
However what a non feast of Football I / we have witnessed although there were some bright spots such as the 2 late goals to rescue a point at AFCW and wins YES wins v Newport and Swindon but good grief 9 random away games produced just 9 points and latterly virtually non existent excitement, just drab unacceptable (imo) performances

I speak for myself but I think the people , Fans every one of them , that love their Club (Doncaster Rovers) have deserved better , indeed deserve better than the current Team are dishing up for whatever reason

The Coach club people who go to every away game without fail , who juggle days off , juggle holidays , who sometimes drive an hour or more just to catch the Coach and an hour of more home again after landing like Crawley game back at at 3 am at the Ground

Lots of them were going to work a few hours later , imagine that , what dedication. The Coaches are brilliant (thats the ones we travel on) but its still a hard ask for some people to go , but go they do .

And their reward ? They get the craic too and the banter but their reason for going is to see a Win , a draw or even a loss providing its an acceptable performance , defined as a Team representing them goes out , tries and demonstrates "they get it "

At the moment and for most of the Season I dont think the Club in general "get it"
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 06:30:26 pm by Donnywolf »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: You stupid boy / chasing the 92 Grounds (at my age)
« Reply #1 on April 19, 2023, 06:36:04 pm by wilts rover »
Well done Wolfie. Hopefully with the promotions & relegations there will be some more new ones for you next season too. Hopefully to with better performances and results at them. I notice Paul Mayfield got a 92 shirt at the Salford game. Maybe you will be getting one of those presented to you too soon?

Do you plot your progress on the Football Ground map? Thinks it's 80 odd grounds I have seen Rovers at now:

https://www.footballgroundmap.com/

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 19, 2023, 06:36:52 pm by roversdude »
Good luck with that task DW

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 19, 2023, 06:47:21 pm by roversdude »
Wilts thanks what a brilliant app

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 19, 2023, 07:18:13 pm by mushRTID »
Couple of questions mate as I am counting mine:

1) does it have to be a competitive game?
2) does it have to be a Rovers game?
3) is it the ground or the club (I.e are you counting Brentford/West Ham etc even though they have moved grounds since we played them)

I’m on 57 at the moment but I’m counting any competitive game not just rovers.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 19, 2023, 09:09:03 pm by Donnywolf »
I still have 6 to go.

I count a game as long as it is at least a Premium or EFL game but it's up to the individual

I've seen Rovers on 87 Grounds but that will be Scunny 2 Chester  2 etc

Total 129 Grounds

Still 6 to go though but my point really was " what a dumb ass Season to Ground chase" and end up watching the crap I've been subjected to and to pay a huge tribute to those regular Fans who Coach it to every away game and get dished out such poor entertainment

A big  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:  to every single one of them  :scarf:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 06:39:52 am by Donnywolf »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 19, 2023, 09:11:38 pm by Donnywolf »
I use that to a degree Wilts but I have spreadsheets which I enter and colour code

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 19, 2023, 09:13:14 pm by roversdude »
Just put them in the app I’m on 81/92 didn’t realise

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 19, 2023, 10:30:47 pm by Draytonian III »
I’ve got 74/92 current league grounds, but 100 in total, 2 Oxford, 2 Derby etc. They are all with Rovers but I’ve got another 37 with non league grounds with Rovers, Wrexham, Notts County,Leigh RMI, Ossett, Workington etc

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 19, 2023, 10:35:46 pm by swintonrover »
Futbology is the app to use on mobiles.
I completed the 92 for the second time at Sutton (first managed it in 2019). Seen Rovers at 82 of the current 92 grounds (seen us at 123 grounds overall) and have done 449 grounds in total.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 20, 2023, 08:21:59 pm by Scooter »
Couple of questions mate as I am counting mine:

1) does it have to be a competitive game?
2) does it have to be a Rovers game?
3) is it the ground or the club (I.e are you counting Brentford/West Ham etc even though they have moved grounds since we played them)

I’m on 57 at the moment but I’m counting any competitive game not just rovers.

I’m on 59 I think. I am only counting rovers games and count competitive and friendly games
Currently counted clubs but as opportunities arise I will visit the newer grounds.
So I have been to Colchester, Shrewsbury and Brentford (with you Mush) but not to the new grounds yet

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 20, 2023, 08:27:14 pm by Scooter »
This has made me check. I have been to 8 away games this season in which we have won 1, drawn 3 and lost 4. Scored 8 goals and conceded 14.
Fair to see I’ve seen better seasons

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 20, 2023, 09:22:22 pm by idler »
I'm missing 5. Chelsea, Spurs, a Forest Green Rovers, Salford and Sutton.
I might get three of them next season.
I've also done another 18 ex league clubs and seen Bradford Park Avenue, Brighton, Chester, Darlington, Huddersfield and Hull at two grounds. A fair few Conference and friendly grounds as well.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 22, 2023, 10:42:24 am by adamtherover »
I'm missing 5. Chelsea, Spurs, a Forest Green Rovers, Salford and Sutton.
I might get three of them next season.
I've also done another 18 ex league clubs and seen Bradford Park Avenue, Brighton, Chester, Darlington, Huddersfield and Hull at two grounds. A fair few Conference and friendly grounds as well.
would you believe, ive only down 29, but have done, Chelsea, spurs, Salford and Sutton lol, will do FGR next season...

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 22, 2023, 01:59:00 pm by Chris Black come back »
Taking the purist route of only counting going to watch Rovers and only at the current ground of a current 92 member, I've done 47.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012