Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:13:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Latest interview  (Read 1914 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Latest interview
« on April 26, 2023, 10:37:18 pm by roversdude »
No contract talks ongoing with players at the club but historically we have offered in the close season.
If we suffer together we will enjoy success together.
Identified the type of/players that we want but all other teams have too.
Injuries have scuppered us, individual performances as well as team performance not good enough but no admission that he has got things wrong

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fjwq2n

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
Re: Latest interview
« Reply #1 on April 26, 2023, 10:45:19 pm by monkeytennis »
I can’t even bring myself to watch this crap anymore, it just makes me angry, then sad.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 26, 2023, 11:56:08 pm by ForsolongaRover »
I think he got this by asking Google who said  “I found this online
Under Ways to Manage Failure…”

You might perhaps be moderately impressed if he were 9 or 10 years old, but then again.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 27, 2023, 12:11:18 am by Retdon1 »
Haven’t watched an interview for a few weeks now. I’m done with this club while ever this clown remains in charge.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 27, 2023, 09:01:02 am by Campsall rover »
“We are ok because of the points we accumulated in the middle part of the season”
That’s a quote from that interview.

Is this man real.
If we hadn’t accumulated the 14 points in those 1st 6 games under GmS then we would have been fighting for our Football League lives.

This man’s record is absolutely shocking, injuries or no injuries.
What is it that Copps sees that makes him think the better players will want to come to us this summer and play for a Coach who is desperately unpopular with the fans.
What has Copps seen that suggests DS has the ability to turn us into a promotion team next season?

Does he not think this just might be a risk not worth taking.
What will this do for Copps credibility if it all goes pair shaped.

I just don’t get it. If TB is going to give us a really competitive budget that gives the Club a serious chance of top 3 then doesn’t it make sense to get an experienced Manager with a CV with previous success on it.
Surely that increases the chances of attracting the better players to come to us and ultimately gives us a much much better chance of achieving the Promotion we want.

I seriously don’t get it.   :facepalm:

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 27, 2023, 09:15:13 am by Butchers Red »
Is he Frank Lampard in disguise?

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 27, 2023, 09:28:55 am by RoversInSpain »
It’s incredibly confusing! Surely we are doing the decent thing, let Schofield finish the season agree a pay off, insert new (experienced) manager immediately as they’ve been identified and talked to already. Use the summer to work with Copps to deliver ‘the plan’ he has. Buy 5 quality players with the competitive (“not significant” quote Copps) budget.
Please…
I’m fed up with us being a pub team not havin a laugh.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 27, 2023, 10:15:02 am by andyst79 »
“We are ok because of the points we accumulated in the middle part of the season”

Is this man real.
If we hadn’t accumulated the 14 points in those 1st 6 games under GmS then we would have been fighting for our Football League lives.

What is it that Copps sees that makes him think the better players will want to come to us this summer and play for a Coach who is desperately unpopular with the fans.
What has Copps seen that suggests DS has the ability to turn us into a promotion team next season?

I just don’t get it. If TB is going to give us a really competitive budget that gives the Club a serious chance of top 3 then doesn’t it make sense to get an experienced Manager with a CV with previous success on it.
Surely that increases the chances of attracting the better players to come to us and ultimately gives us a much much better chance of achieving the Promotion we want.

I'm all for giving managers a fair crack of the whip and if we were in League 1 maybe he could be afforded more time. However his position has become unattainable, I seriously don't see what the board or HOF are hoping to achieve by keeping him in a job next season?! The fans have already turned and the sensible and easy option is to get rid , it will take some serious balls to keep him in charge for next season on nothing more than an inkling that he could be the right man for the job! I'm hoping it's all smoke & mirrors from the board and we have a replacement already lined up, it's no good telling anyone with 10 or so games to go the manager won't be here next season but in hindsight it wouldn't have made a difference.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 27, 2023, 12:59:41 pm by Campsall rover »

Is this man real.

I'm all for giving managers a fair crack of the whip and if we were in League 1 maybe he could be afforded more time. However his position has become unattainable, I seriously don't see what the board or HOF are hoping to achieve by keeping him in a job next season?! The fans have already turned and the sensible and easy option is to get rid , it will take some serious balls to keep him in charge for next season on nothing more than an inkling that he could be the right man for the job! I'm hoping it's all smoke & mirrors from the board and we have a replacement already lined up, it's no good telling anyone with 10 or so games to go the manager won't be here next season but in hindsight it wouldn't have made a difference.
Trouble is it isn’t Smoke and Mirrors. Blunt has said DS is staying.
Now just for once I hope he was lying.   ;)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 27, 2023, 01:26:56 pm by Upton Rover »
I really do think that this man is a dreamer, that’s all his hopes are

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 27, 2023, 06:11:18 pm by andyst79 »

Is this man real.

Trouble is it isn’t Smoke and Mirrors. Blunt has said DS is staying.
Now just for once I hope he was lying.   ;)

Things can change quickly in football and DS is not doing himself any favours with these delusional interviews. If he actually came out and took some responsibility for these performances and admit he's made some mistakes and that he needs to adapt to a different style of play for this division maybe people would cut him a bit of slack. He's just alienating himself further from the fan base. People don't want to be coming on here slagging him to high heaven, he's a Donny lad and we all want him to succeed but unfortunately he's not.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 27, 2023, 07:50:33 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
It’s like Liz Truss talking about her manifesto for the next general election after the mini budget.

The Dav

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 27, 2023, 08:23:35 pm by The Dav »
He’s delusional if he thinks the results he achieved earlier in the season have kept us up ! This was purely down to GM’s team !

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 27, 2023, 08:29:32 pm by ForsolongaRover »
It’s like Liz Truss talking about her manifesto for the next general election after the mini budget.

Unlike Truss, he has not resigned though.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 27, 2023, 09:07:29 pm by normal rules »
He is to football management what Diane Abbott is to racism.
Means well, but is trying to put their own spin on something which should be left well alone.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012