Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:11:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Matty Blair  (Read 1967 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Matty Blair
« on April 30, 2023, 10:52:21 am by roversdude »
Great to see him back at the stadium yesterday decent player and an outstanding ambassador for Rovers whilst here

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Matty Blair
« Reply #1 on April 30, 2023, 02:17:40 pm by Chris Black come back »
Engine.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 30, 2023, 07:33:51 pm by roversdude »
Probably got a better reception than the team did on the lap of “honour”

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 30, 2023, 08:36:05 pm by Donnywolf »
Great player for us . Pity I missed him yesterday , let down by the PA again

Not the man flogging himself to death BUT the equipment. FFS please fix it

I missed one of the charismatic Rovers players of the past , also Brian Makepeace another one and I didn't hear a single word that Brian Flynn said and he was right in front of me

We've joked about it on here for long enough but it's no joke really is it ?

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 30, 2023, 09:19:51 pm by Goole Rover »

I missed one of the charismatic Rovers players of the past , also Brian Makepeace another one and I didn't hear a single word that Brian Flynn said and he was right in front of me

Yes I have to agree with you JT. As you know I spent half my working life down ship’s engine rooms so along with those who worked in mining and that’s a good proportion of our supporters I have hearing problems. I hope that your thread goes a long way to improve things.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 01, 2023, 05:56:49 am by Donnywolf »
That was my real point GR .... This is an often raised point on here which surely should / could have been sorted.

Indeed WAS fixed during recent World Cup according to some on a recent Thread possibly by importing a new system for those games.

Unfortunately if it existed (and I don't know if it did) it was according to the same people taken away after the Tournament finished

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 01, 2023, 07:52:35 am by Filo »

Yes I have to agree with you JT. As you know I spent half my working life down ship’s engine rooms so along with those who worked in mining and that’s a good proportion of our supporters I have hearing problems. I hope that your thread goes a long way to improve things.

I spent the early portion of my working life installing engines and auxiliary’s and the associated infrastructure in ships engine rooms, I now wear hearing aids and I couldn’t make out a word of what Brian Flynn said

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 01, 2023, 08:24:37 am by roversdude »
Hopefully it get sorted, there could be more dire consequences if not - the recent Grimsby game when they were letting flares off pre game in the concourse, although the alarm was audible the instructions certainly weren’t, add to that inexperienced stewards and it could have been tragic.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 01, 2023, 08:25:59 am by i_ateallthepies »
'Sustainability' of the club has been achieved by cost-cutting that disregards the basics that the 'customers' value such as being able to hear what is said over the tannoy system and urinals that take the piss... away.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 01, 2023, 08:45:01 am by drfchound »

I spent the early portion of my working life installing engines and auxiliary’s and the associated infrastructure in ships engine rooms, I now wear hearing aids and I couldn’t make out a word of what Brian Flynn said

Filo, I had a hearing test three weeks ago and passed with flying colours.
The man who did the test said I have extraordinary hearing for a man of 70 years.
I also couldn’t hear a word of what Flynn was saying.
Our PA system is shocking.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 01, 2023, 09:07:25 am by ravenrover »
Hopefully it get sorted, there could be more dire consequences if not - the recent Grimsby game when they were letting flares off pre game in the concourse, although the alarm was audible the instructions certainly weren’t, add to that inexperienced stewards and it could have been tragic.
I heard very clear messges to vacate the stadium  at the Grimsby game followed by the ignore it messge

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 01, 2023, 10:03:51 am by Donnywolf »

You both worked at the same place , maybe at the same time ?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 01, 2023, 10:11:16 am by Filo »

You both worked at the same place , maybe at the same time ?

If not me, he’ll have known my Dad who worked there also as a Driller spending a lot of his time in the engine rooms, I was there from 1979 to 1984

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 01, 2023, 11:23:25 am by drfchound »
I heard very clear messges to vacate the stadium  at the Grimsby game followed by the ignore it messge

That is an interesting point Raven.
I heard that very clearly too which begs the question, why is it impossible to make out what is being said through the mic which is used pre match and at half time.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 01, 2023, 05:45:34 pm by roversdude »
Heard it in the concourse but not in the ground itself

TinyPortal © 2005-2012