Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:22:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Some People thought 3/1 was stupid IT'GONE NOW .. IT'S 10/3 the sky is the limit  (Read 9441 times)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
yes it's now 100/30 worth a flutter !! FOR A TOP HALF FINISH

hopefully donnywolf can find a couple of sixpences down the sofa to have a bet

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SOD

• Forum Member
I managed to get 66/1 for promotion at the end of September. Could be interesting in more ways than one!

ravenrover

• VSC Member

Threepenny bits more like

ncRover

• Forum Member
We are currently longer odds for a top half finish than:

Grimsby
Newport     (Ahead of these 3 in the table)
MK Dons

Walsall
Morecambe
Crawley
Harrogate

I would be interested to hear the thoughts of GazLaz on this one. Is this reasonable or are we a bit of a blind spot for the bookies?

GazLaz

• Forum Member

Grimsby
MK Dons

Walsall
Morecambe
Crawley
Harrogate

I would be interested to hear the thoughts of GazLaz on this one. Is this reasonable or are we a bit of a blind spot for the bookies?

We have to keep improving to finish top half. Even over the last 6 games, where opinion is we’ve been very good, we’ve only been the 11th or 12th best team in the division performance wise.

ncRover

• Forum Member

Grimsby
MK Dons

Walsall
Morecambe
Crawley
Harrogate

We have to keep improving to finish top half. Even over the last 6 games, where opinion is we’ve been very good, we’ve only been the 11th or 12th best team in the division performance wise.

Thanks

Or perhaps other teams above get worse. Which can happen as injuries and fixture swings occur.

dickos1

• VSC Member

Grimsby
MK Dons

Walsall
Morecambe
Crawley
Harrogate

Gaz,
We’ve got 15 points from the last 7 games, the games we haven’t won we’ve been unlucky.
I’m interested in why you think we need to improve even further on this form to get into the top half.
Surely if we continue with this form we will be around the playoffs come Xmas never mind the top half

adamtherover

• Forum Member

who with,?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Only 11/4 with Sky Bet now but that's almost 3/1 which seems generous still

I got 7 to 2 then we beat Sutton and it went up to 4 to 1

Others said it was"printing money" and they had 50 quids and more on

I'll settle for £16.77 or whatever it is to return £77 (ish)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Just checked Oddschecker and 11 to 4 is biggest they show

2 to 1 is the lowest

Donnywolf

• VSC Member

Swallowed one while waiting for Green un in about 60 61

Showed up well on XRays and my Dad was told to check for it coming out ( it's Sunday so I'll be delicate )

We looked for a while then gave up so I may still have it

Avsuptem

• Forum Member

Showed up well on XRays and my Dad was told to check for it coming out ( it's Sunday so I'll be delicate )

I hope you get some change soon wolf.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member

Those were bissy times. I always said you weren't a "worthless" individual. You are a valued member of the site (3d to be exact). 

the "3x penny" never dropped with you but at least the penny has dropped  with sly sports as they cut the odds

from the point of view of top half finish it matters not if we lose to Salford full stop   

remember Exeter in the season we threw the Championship away

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
here we go

a certain member of our clan will be having an "orgasm" when he reads this  Exeter were second bottom

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37881326

"Liam Mandeville came off the bench in the second half to to score one goal and create two for John Marquis as Doncaster Rovers fought back to beat Exeter City.

Mandeville replaced Niall Mason after 69 minute and levelled for Doncaster three minutes later after Exeter had taken the lead through Reuben Reid's penalty.

Reid smashed the ball home after David Wheeler had been brought down by goalkeeper Marko Mariso inside the penalty box.

The lead lasted until the 72nd minute when Mandeville met a James Coppinger cross to head in off the underside of the crossbar as Exeter seemingly froze after going in front.

Reid then had a shot well saved by Mariso, but Doncaster went in front on 78 minutes when a low cross from Mandeville was turned in by John Marquis from six yards.

And Mandeville turned provider again in the 90th minute when he slipped the ball to Marquis, who again beat Exeter goalkeeper James Hamon.

The win sees Darren Ferguson's side go third in the table, while Exeter are yet to win at home this season as the pressure on manager Paul Tisdale continues to grow."

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
now look at this in the return match another 3-1 win to the away side
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39676830

Exeter were now 5th   in the same season from 2nd bottom and some nobody called Ollie Watkins scored :headbang: :headbang:   - i only just found that fact out

"Exeter City booked their place in the League Two play-offs with an impressive victory over long-time leaders Doncaster at the Keepmoat Stadium.

Goals from Jordan Moore-Taylor, David Wheeler and Liam McAlinden were enough for Exeter to condemn Doncaster to a third straight defeat which saw them slip to second place in the table behind Plymouth.

Moore-Taylor smashed in a 30-yard thunderbolt after 16 minutes, but Rovers were level in 26th minute when James Coppinger finished well from a tight angle.

The Dons endured a frustrating second half attempting to break Exeter down, and the visitors regained the lead just after the hour.

They were awarded a penalty when Joe Wright handled on the line, and although Ryan Harley saw his spot-kick saved by Ian Lawlor, Wheeler drilled in the rebound.

The win was sealed late on when Ollie Watkins squared for substitute McAlinden to score"
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 12:14:58 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
I will always remember this post match interview on the Exeter site of the Exeter Manager after they had lost to us 3-1

and he goes on about all his players .  I always thought how suicidal AND DEPRESSED he felt.

Seriously you must listen to it -- it does go on and on for nearly 6 minutes - BUT HE CAME GOOD IN THE END OF THE SEASON  :thumbsup:--  AT THE TIME THEY STILL HADN'T WON A HOME MATCH  - JUST LISTEN TO HIS INJURY LIST

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?&q=exeter+1+doncaster+rovers+3++&&mid=6D3C0DC53FE7B9AB4C316D3C0DC53FE7B9AB4C31&&FORM=VRDGAR

scawsby steve

• Forum Member

No, that's more like you and me, Raven.

With Wolfie and BB it's farthings.

roversdude

• VSC Member
The Dons ??

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
sky sports are once again offering 100/30 for a top half finish (yes please) and 20/1 (no thank you) for top 7

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
I’ll invest a few more shillings at Mr Hills in the next couple of days if they are offering 5/2 or greater

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
here we go

a certain member of our clan will be having an "orgasm" when he reads this  Exeter were second bottom

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37881326

"Liam Mandeville came off the bench in the second half to to score one goal and create two for John Marquis as Doncaster Rovers fought back to beat Exeter City.

Mandeville replaced Niall Mason after 69 minute and levelled for Doncaster three minutes later after Exeter had taken the lead through Reuben Reid's penalty.

Reid smashed the ball home after David Wheeler had been brought down by goalkeeper Marko Mariso inside the penalty box.

The lead lasted until the 72nd minute when Mandeville met a James Coppinger cross to head in off the underside of the crossbar as Exeter seemingly froze after going in front.

Reid then had a shot well saved by Mariso, but Doncaster went in front on 78 minutes when a low cross from Mandeville was turned in by John Marquis from six yards.

And Mandeville turned provider again in the 90th minute when he slipped the ball to Marquis, who again beat Exeter goalkeeper James Hamon.

The win sees Darren Ferguson's side go third in the table, while Exeter are yet to win at home this season as the pressure on manager Paul Tisdale continues to grow."

So just remember this, a kiss is but a kiss, a smile is just a smile, the fundamental things……

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Things change though........ as time goes by

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
sky sports are once again offering 100/30 for a top half finish (yes please) and 20/1 (no thank you) for top 7

I found out yesterday that the 100/30 for a top half was not the best odds available  UNBELIVABLY 4/1 WAS AVAILABLE at BET VICTOR  AFTER THE CREWE LOSS

AND AS AT THIS MORNING THEY WERE STILL OFFERING 3/1   --   RUMOUR IS TWO MEN IN WHITE COATS WILL BE VISITING THEM TODAY TO PLACE THEIR WAGES (AND WAGER) ON ROVERS AND WHEN THEY COLLECT THEIR WINNINGS THEIR ODDS MAKER WILL COME WITH THEM.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 05:35:13 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

ncRover

• Forum Member
6 teams we can realistically finish ahead of to finish at least 11th in my opinion.

Crawley - A team on the decline and exceeded expectations at the start of the season. Only 4 points ahead of us.

Morecambe - Just lost Derek Adams and have appointed a rookie cheap option. The stats suggest they had been slightly lucky with their strong start. Have lost their last 2 including a 6-0.

Swindon - Very leaky defence. Score lots of goals but in the form of 2 loanees - Young and Kemp. Both their parent clubs have had managerial changes so would likely recall both in Jan.

Harrogate - Only a point ahead and we have a game in hand.

Newport - Only 2 points ahead of us and we have a game in hand.

Accrington - Near the bottom of the form table and we looked a lot better than them in that FA home tie. Uncertainty over Coleman’s position in the future.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
William Hills ( shop not online ) had us at 2/1 yesterday, I invested a few more pounds at that because I don’t think it’ll get any bigger

karldew

• Forum Member
Best price is 3/1 at BetVictor

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Best price is 3/1 at BetVictor

thanks for that

I found out yesterday that the 100/30 for a top half was not the best odds available  UNBELIVABLY 4/1 WAS AVAILABLE at BET VICTOR  AFTER THE CREWE LOSS

AND AS AT THIS MORNING THEY WERE STILL OFFERING 3/1   --   RUMOUR IS TWO MEN IN WHITE COATS WILL BE VISITING THEM TODAY TO PLACE THEIR WAGES (AND WAGER) ON ROVERS AND WHEN THEY COLLECT THEIR WINNINGS THEIR ODDS MAKER WILL COME WITH THEM.

Now since I have your attention   it's an epic weekend with William Hill 

they are letting you have £5 at evens (they are pretending  the true odds are 500/1)  that both teams combined will have one shot or more on target in the match   Newcastle v Manu which is at 8 pm on Saturday  ---   you can have £5 on - on line and   £5 in a william hill shop - SO BASICALLY IT'S A FREE FIVA  X2--     HAS THERE EVER BEEN A PREMIERSHIP MATCH WHERE BOTH TEAMS HAVE NOT HAD A SHOT ON TARGET ??

(so take your wives Xmas shopping when/if  the Rovers match is off  and put one on for her - and you have got her Xmas present -  £5 note)

also they are giving a £1 free bet on line both Saturday and Sunday

EPIC Weekend
Claim a £1 free bet to use on Football accas of 3+ selections

We're giving away £1 free bet to use on Football accas of 3+ selections on an upcoming Epic Weekend.

Offer live on Saturday, 2nd December
Opt in req each day. Valid from 00:01 on 02/12/23 to 23:59 on 03/12/23. 2 x £1 free bets per customer (one Sat & one Sun), to use on accas of 3+ selections. Expires at 23:59 on day of opt in. Online & in-shop only for Plus customers. UK only. Player restrictions & full T&Cs apply.

See our full terms and conditions.

drfchound

• Forum Member
I got on a few weeks back at 4/1 for top half finish.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
I got on a few weeks back at 4/1 for top half finish.

Same here hound, and I’m still confident that it was a good bet.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
bet victor still has 3/1     

TinyPortal © 2005-2012