Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 01:20:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Congratualtions Keir Starmer  (Read 81294 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Congratualtions Keir Starmer
« Reply #570 on May 20, 2020, 12:31:53 pm by Filo »
Another drubbing for the PM today, and also I think Matt Hancock should watch his tone after being nearly ejected by the speaker

Best wishes for your wifes full recovery  bpool

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #571 on May 20, 2020, 12:44:40 pm by SydneyRover »
yes Hancock certainly got a kick in the nuts from the speaker.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #572 on May 20, 2020, 12:50:57 pm by Ldr »
I'd like to add my best wishes BP. That's what I like about this forum. We rip shreds off each other but for the main, no one loses sight of the fact we are all human

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #573 on May 20, 2020, 01:26:57 pm by bpoolrover »
Thank you all for you wishes, I had the virus myself but was lucky only had mild symptoms

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #574 on May 20, 2020, 01:43:54 pm by Mike_F »
No Glynn I have no idea what advice they were given that’s why I will wait and see before judging

So if the enquiry never happens you're never going to have an opinion.

In the meantime, how many people have to die before you think that it hasn't been handled very well?

*Inquiry

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #575 on May 20, 2020, 01:51:54 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
No Glynn I have no idea what advice they were given that’s why I will wait and see before judging

So if the enquiry never happens you're never going to have an opinion.

In the meantime, how many people have to die before you think that it hasn't been handled very well?

*Inquiry

*If you're a Yank.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #576 on May 20, 2020, 01:57:09 pm by Mike_F »
Enquiry: A question or request for information.
Inquiry: A formal investigation.

Edited to correct a typo
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 10:50:51 am by Mike_F »

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #577 on May 20, 2020, 06:05:46 pm by Copps is Magic »
It looks increasingly bleak for Boris in PMQs. He'll desperately want to avoid them as much as possible, or get his cheerleaders back into parliament.

He made a comment about Stermer today - words to the effect of "his usual clinical dissection of the issue" ... I was waiting for the punch line... but no, he generally meant that as an insult! Imagine that, skills to understand and appropriate an issue are a negative trait in our times!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #578 on May 20, 2020, 06:24:05 pm by wilts rover »
Thank you all for you wishes, I had the virus myself but was lucky only had mild symptoms

All the best to you and your Mrs bkpool

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #579 on May 20, 2020, 06:46:46 pm by BigH »
It looks increasingly bleak for Boris in PMQs. He'll desperately want to avoid them as much as possible, or get his cheerleaders back into parliament.

He made a comment about Stermer today - words to the effect of "his usual clinical dissection of the issue" ... I was waiting for the punch line... but no, he generally meant that as an insult! Imagine that, skills to understand and appropriate an issue are a negative trait in our times!
Well if Starmer will be 'a girly swot'

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #580 on May 20, 2020, 08:07:15 pm by Filo »
There was obviously clear instruction to the Tory mob to make some noise and heckle today, even nodding dog Hancock had a go before he had his naughty arse slapped by the speaker, then he just sat there like a 5 year old who had been told he can’t have an ice cream 😀😀

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #581 on May 20, 2020, 09:15:40 pm by tyke1962 »
Another car crash of a performance from the buffoon , if only he could hide away most of the time and only appear for the good news ........ too bad .

If the Tories thought Corbyn was a gift to them then Johnson under SKS is proving a gift for Labour , unfortunately that's coming via nearly 35k deaths and no doubt thousands more not on figures .

Not what I would have wanted but we are where we are .

Another target for Hancock not to meet in the exchanges I see .

The Tories and their lick spittles are rattled , no doubt about it , SKS is really getting under their skin .

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #582 on May 20, 2020, 10:00:56 pm by wilts rover »
There was obviously clear instruction to the Tory mob to make some noise and heckle today, even nodding dog Hancock had a go before he had his naughty arse slapped by the speaker, then he just sat there like a 5 year old who had been told he can’t have an ice cream 😀😀

Have you seen what it was Hancock was supposed to have said? The bloke leading the country's response to coronavirus whose judgement and err, honesty, have been called into questions these past couple of weeks.

What comment did he shout out to help his boss to show how seriously the pair of them are taking their responsibilities and to show the world they are up to the job?

What did Matt Hancock thing was so important the world had to know at PMQ's:

“and you bought your mum a £10m donkey sanctuary, so there”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/20/this-time-boris-is-better-prepared-but-the-qc-still-gets-under-his-skin-pmqs-john-crace

How could we have ever doubted a government with this much talent on the front bench eh...

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #583 on May 20, 2020, 10:07:49 pm by Filo »
From todays PMQ’s

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #584 on May 20, 2020, 10:18:36 pm by ravenrover »
And Rees Mogg on the charge to get the braying hordes back into the chamber to support Boris

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #585 on May 20, 2020, 10:55:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Have you seen what it was Hancock was supposed to have said? The bloke leading the country's response to coronavirus whose judgement and err, honesty, have been called into questions these past couple of weeks.

What comment did he shout out to help his boss to show how seriously the pair of them are taking their responsibilities and to show the world they are up to the job?

What did Matt Hancock thing was so important the world had to know at PMQ's:

“and you bought your mum a £10m donkey sanctuary, so there”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/20/this-time-boris-is-better-prepared-but-the-qc-still-gets-under-his-skin-pmqs-john-crace

How could we have ever doubted a government with this much talent on the front bench eh...

Lovely man isn't he?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #586 on May 20, 2020, 11:11:11 pm by MachoMadness »
Rees-Mogg's big idea to get MPs back? Put each one behind a perspex shield, like the ones in supermarkets. On every side. Including the top. Have a think and see if you can figure out the (literally) fatal flaw in that idea!

And this is the party championing British common sense. Quite literally breathtaking.

https://www.indy100.com/article/jacob-rees-mogg-boris-johnson-parliament-coronavirus-screens-9524276

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #587 on May 20, 2020, 11:53:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I heard a senior Tory MP on R4 this evening absolutely incandescent about Rees-Mogg's plans.

Apparently, this MP is in a vulnerable group and has to self-isolate. He's been told there are no plans to allow MPs like him who cannot attend a packed chamber, to participate in debates or vote when MPs return after the Whit break.

Regarding the perspex boxes, it doesn't really surprise me. Rees-Mogg is as thick as mince but is one of these toffs who convinces the gullible that he is an intellectual powerhouse, on the basis of his patrician accent and general air of confident superiority. When you actually look at the CONTENT of what he says, as opposed to the STYLE it's almost always stupidly at odds with real world facts.

There's a video of him on YT in which he debates tax policy with an audience of students. In the very first 30 seconds of his oration, he claims that the majority of tax is paid by high rate tax payers (WRONG) and claims as an established fact the Laffer Curve argument (that reducing tax rates results in Govt getting more tax income) which has been comprehensively proven to be untrue over and over again. But he says it SO convincingly. And the comments section has literally thousands of contributions claiming "JRM smacks down uppity lefty students", "JRM demolishes lefty arguments". it is so depressing as we move into the middle part of the 21st century that a no mark with a posh accent can still have parts of the working class doffing their caps and looking at him admiringly.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #588 on May 20, 2020, 11:59:18 pm by idler »
As much as I would like to know where he is, maybe he has genuine reasons other than cowardice.?

Remember the outcry when Billy Sharp was missing from our line up on a Saturday and no one knew why at the time.?

Now I am not saying that this is the same now, and I 100% wouldn’t want to use anything associated with a new born baby as a political football, but let’s see what the reason is.?
my wife having had the virus but now tested negative 2 weeks ago is still quite poorly
Even thou you test negative many people are taking weeks to get back to full fitness
All the best to you and the missus bpoolrover. Hopefully before too long  things are back to normal for both of you.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 09:32:38 am by idler »

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #589 on May 21, 2020, 08:17:55 am by Not Now Kato »
As much as I would like to know where he is, maybe he has genuine reasons other than cowardice.?

Remember the outcry when Billy Sharp was missing from our line up on a Saturday and no one knew why at the time.?

Now I am not saying that this is the same now, and I 100% wouldn’t want to use anything associated with a new born baby as a political football, but let’s see what the reason is.?
my wife having had the virus but now tested negative 2 weeks ago is still quite poorly
Even thou you test negative many people are taking weeks to get back to full fitness

Sorry to hear this bpr, hope she's fully recovered soon. Stay safe.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #590 on May 21, 2020, 02:50:28 pm by Donnywolf »
From todays PMQ’s

I dont kmow that bloke personally but by god I would not trust him as far as I could throw and egg with the insides removed

Somene said on Twitter he is "exposed" FFS he is more than that.

Totally out of his depth and again as I have said before it is a common trait that most of Johnsons Cabinet share. Rewarded for being yes men and able ONLY to remember 3 word phrases

So heres one for them "Get f****d off"

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #591 on May 21, 2020, 02:52:20 pm by Filo »
From todays PMQ’s

I dont kmow that bloke personally but by god I would not trust him as far as I could throw and egg with the insides removed

Somene said on Twitter he is "exposed" FFS he is more than that.

Totally out of his depth and again as I have said before it is a common trait that most of Johnsons Cabinet share. Rewarded for being yes men and able ONLY to remember 3 word phrases

So heres one for them "Get f****d off"

I’m not sure if thats a gaze of pure love for his leader, or a look of the lights are on but no ones at home 😂😂😂

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #592 on May 21, 2020, 03:03:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Starmer certainly has a way at PMQs.

Johnson was in full on bluster mode yesterday saying "By 1 June we will have the world leading track and trace system in place."

Starmer gave him a withering look and said "Nevermind the superlatives. An 'effective' one will do thank you."

It's precisely the response that is required against Johnson's bombastic vacuity. Just keep coming across as the grown up alternative.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #593 on May 21, 2020, 03:46:41 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Must admit Starmer does come across as a grown-up alternative. Corbyn seemed to never grow-up politically wise, what with his 50-year-old ideas that he'd had since he was 20.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #594 on May 21, 2020, 04:42:00 pm by Donnywolf »
And now Johnson has caved in (Kier or not) on the fees paid by NHS workers from overseas when / if they need NHS themselves

Common sense - but keep charging those who DONT work for the NHS and just come as health tourists I say

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #595 on May 21, 2020, 04:44:57 pm by bpoolrover »

Johnson was in full on bluster mode yesterday saying "By 1 June we will have the world leading track and trace system in place."

Starmer gave him a withering look and said "Nevermind the superlatives. An 'effective' one will do thank you."

It's precisely the response that is required against Johnson's bombastic vacuity. Just keep coming across as the grown up alternative.
Starmer is very good at pmqs the downside is I’m not sure how many votes it will win labour as at a guess and it is a guess the people who watch pmqs normally no who they will vote for

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #596 on May 21, 2020, 04:52:45 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Starmer is very good at pmqs the downside is I’m not sure how many votes it will win labour as at a guess and it is a guess the people who watch pmqs normally no who they will vote for

Yeah, they'll vote for whoever Murdoch and co feels gonna give them the easiest ride.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #597 on May 21, 2020, 04:53:10 pm by IDM »
I think Starmer will have an affect way beyond PMQs - and don’t forget we are not due an election for years.  The only way we will have an early election is if enough Tories rebel against the government and it collapses in on itself.  This would naturally create plenty of notice and interest in the population as a whole, and Starmer would almost certainly make great use of that.

PMQs now are just the start.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #598 on May 21, 2020, 04:55:30 pm by bpoolrover »

Yeah, they'll vote for whoever Murdoch and co feels gonna give them the easiest ride.
quite possibly I remember the sun backing labour for many a year and doing the same things to tories as they do labour

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #599 on May 21, 2020, 04:58:14 pm by DonnyOsmond »

quite possibly I remember the sun backing labour for many a year and doing the same things to tories as they do labour

When they got Blair elected? I'll love the day when newspapers die out. We shouldn't let billionaires decide what happens to our country.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012