Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:52:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Preston penalty shout  (Read 2621 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
The Preston penalty shout
« on April 13, 2011, 08:28:36 am by Filo »
From where I was, I could n`t tell if it was a penalty or not, the ref obviously thought not, so why did n`t he show the Preston lad a yellow card? In the first half he could n`t get his card out quick enough to show JoC a yellow!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyEl

• Forum Member
Re: The Preston penalty shout
« Reply #1 on April 13, 2011, 08:41:31 am by DonnyEl »
maybe he thought JOC dived and the Preston player fell over the ball? maybe?

Gibbo123

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 13, 2011, 09:36:20 am by Gibbo123 »
It was a definate penalty.

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 13, 2011, 09:39:55 am by Red Rover »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=150200
From where I was, I could n`t tell if it was a penalty or not, the ref obviously thought not, so why did n`t he show the Preston lad a yellow card? In the first half he could n`t get his card out quick enough to show JoC a yellow!

Stone-wall Peno from where i was! Very very fortunate

DRFC_TID_93

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 13, 2011, 04:27:39 pm by DRFC_TID_93 »
Sat in East stand and had perfect view, he stood on the ball as JOC ran in front of him, there was minimal contact if any and not enough to make a player leave the ground like he did. Lookin for it a bit too much. Same with our peno, minimal contact and probably right decision as much as it pains me to say it.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 13, 2011, 04:45:40 pm by RedJ »
My mate in the West Stand is in line with the penalty spot, and had a great view. He says it wasn't a dive.

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 13, 2011, 05:15:30 pm by Dimples-D »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=150315
My mate in the West Stand is in line with the penalty spot, and had a great view. He says it wasn't a dive.

I was in West Stand, also about level with peno spot and I couldn't say for sure. It happened very fast.
The ref was closer than all of us and he said it wasn't a penalty.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 13, 2011, 05:47:57 pm by eastender »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 13, 2011, 06:06:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Quote from: \"eastender\" post=150323
Here's a good video of the incident

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p00fv3xv

It was Iain Hume. Enough said.

He dives more frequently than the extras on Das Boot.

He slips down easier than a Farleys Rusk soaked in warm milk for a month, liquidised then fed down a pipe past a tracheotomy.

He goes prostrate more frequently than Andy Watson's yitten younger brother when someone shouts BANG.

He grazes grass more frequently than Daisy the Freisian.

He stumbles over a weak tackle more maladroitly than a virgin at an impotents' orgy.

He hits the deck faster than a rookie pilot on an aircraft carrier. Faster than Malcolm Marshall bowling at the bloke who cuckolded him, stole all his money, burnt his house down and mis-diagnosed his terminal cancer. After a testosterone injection.

He collapses at the sight of an impending collision with a second leg more easily than Leeds in the play offs.

He goes down more cheaply than one of Nether Hall Road's finest.

In short, he's a cheating Kitson and even if it WAS a stonewall penalty, he deserves never to be awarded one for the rest of his career.

And much as I hate Chris Morgan, I have the tiniest bit of sympathy for him. If I was marking a cheating t**t like Hume for 90 minutes, I too would feel like giving him an impromptu lobotomy. He is a stain on the game.

Chrisd_123

« Reply #9 on April 13, 2011, 06:08:04 pm by Chrisd_123 »
See I sit in the east stand and from my view it looked nailed on...But after watching that it looked as if they both slipped and watching it again their attacker seems to go down just slightly before JOC comes in. So i'm still unsure :laugh:

Must say though, JOC in the first half was laughable, how he thought he'd get away with that dive i don't know. Deserved yellow imo, As much as i wanted us to win, it would have felt a little disearned if we'd have won through a pen won by a blatant dive.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 13, 2011, 06:19:02 pm by eastender »
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=150329

He slips down easier than a Farleys Rusk soaked in warm milk for a month, liquidised then fed down a pipe past a tracheotomy.

He goes prostrate more frequently than Andy Watson's yitten younger brother when someone shouts BANG.

He stumbles over a weak tackle more maladroitly than a virgin at an impotents' orgy.

He hits the deck faster than a rookie pilot on an aircraft carrier. Faster than Malcolm Marshall bowling at the bloke who cuckolded him, stole all his money, burnt his house down and mis-diagnosed his terminal cancer. After a testosterone injection.

He collapses at the sight of an impending collision with a second leg more easily than Leeds in the play offs.

In short, he's a cheating Kitson and even if it WAS a stonewall penalty, he deserves never to be awarded one for the rest of his career.

And much as I hate Chris Morgan, I have the tiniest bit of sympathy for him. If I was marking a cheating t**t like Hume for 90 minutes, I too would feel like giving him an impromptu lobotomy. He is a stain on the game.

Looks like Eddie Johnson to me BST , unless Iain Hume as been boot polished  by his team mate's. :ohmy:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 13, 2011, 06:40:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Quote from: \"eastender\" post=150333
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=150329

Looks like Eddie Johnson to me BST , unless Iain Hume as been boot polished  by his team mate's. :ohmy:

Err. Right. Err. Yeah.

I'm 1500 miles away with a shit Internet connection so I neither attended the match, nor was able to look at the video. I was going on the BBC web site report last night.

Still think Hume is a t**t mind.

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 13, 2011, 08:08:09 pm by Harrogate Rover »
I'm also in the west stand level with the penalty spot! Seen 'em given.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 13, 2011, 09:50:20 pm by donnievic »
probaly the reason the player wasnt booked was because he thought the rovers player got the ball as he gave a corner in the end

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 13, 2011, 10:07:09 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I managed to freeze that vid bang on the contact between the two. JOC looks very much to have made contact, though at exactly that point the Preston player is already beginning to fall, just.

I'd say the ref thought he was probaly looking for a pen rather than diving, and may not be sure enough that JOC made contact. It does seem the angle the ref had was about the best to judge it.

>>added<< Yep, I'm guilty of the presumption that its possible there was that much activity in the refs brain cells.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 14, 2011, 02:40:24 pm by eastender »
Quote from: \"donnievic\" post=150377
probaly the reason the player wasnt booked was because he thought the rovers player got the ball as he gave a corner in the end

The Ref gave a corner because Oster needlessly kicked it out for one.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 14, 2011, 04:19:50 pm by PDX_Rover »
Not a pen.  Desperation by a team needing the points.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 14, 2011, 08:42:56 pm by BobG »
Bit like James O'Connor then!

Bobg

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 14, 2011, 09:01:42 pm by ravenrover »
Look... it doesn't matter what we think from our elevated positions, Mr Brown from his position in the dugout said it was a definite pen so that's it end of story ref got it wrong, lino got it wrong and the majority of Rovers supporters got it wrong, The only worry is that SO'D seemed to agree with him hah but that was after he had seen the DVD, if they go down that is yet another decision that put the nails in their coffin.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012