Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:22:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: How was the P.A. for you?  (Read 2621 times)

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
How was the P.A. for you?
« on October 02, 2013, 11:43:30 am by rover-n-out »
Just wondered if anyone had any opinions as to how the P.A, sounded yesterday.
Myself, Alan, and Rob (the soundman), spent some time before the stadium opened checking and altering the P.A. until we had what we thought was the optimum volume setting for the P.A. without pushing the system into distortion.
I sat in the West Stand for the match instead of my usual South Stand seat, and for me Alan's mic was loud and clear. Just a slight bit of tinkering needed at half time, but overall I thought the system sounded good.

How was it in the other stands?......Do we still have a problem in the Concourses with lack of volume?

Thank You. R&O.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jenny

• VSC Member
Re: How was the P.A. for you?
« Reply #1 on October 02, 2013, 11:45:49 am by Jenny »
I was in the West Stand pre match/first half and South Stand at half time/second half and the sound was fine in both area's.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 02, 2013, 11:46:59 am by rover-n-out »
Thank you Jenny.  :kiss:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 02, 2013, 11:49:04 am by RedJ »
Couldn't hear it very clearly in the South at half time while in the stand itself, but fine when I went into the concourse.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 02, 2013, 12:01:57 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I was in the West stand (North) and Alan's voice was loud enough, and clear. From that point it seems you've just about got the sound at its optimum.

The choice of music is fine, especially the Wild Rover entrance, but the poor sound quality is evident when playing music.

Well done to the three of you for making vast improvements despite using what is obviously inadequate equipment.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 02, 2013, 12:16:28 pm by silent majority »
We commented last night on the improvement in the East stand, not too loud in the concourse and load enough and clear enough in the bowl. Well done.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 02, 2013, 01:41:40 pm by IDM »
Loud and clear in the middle of the west stand seats when I went to see my dad there at half time, although slightly muffled (but loud enough) further towards the SW corner where I sat.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 02, 2013, 02:01:04 pm by DaveDRFC »
Definitely a noticeable improvement from the Forest game in the South West Corner. Could actually hear the teams being read out and names of the subs! Good work guys.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #8 on October 02, 2013, 02:07:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Must have been good. No complaints from anyone around me in West. Sounded clearer than Forest game. Well done!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 02, 2013, 02:40:20 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Missed the Forest game, but a big improvement in the South

donnyplant

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 02, 2013, 03:31:38 pm by donnyplant »
Just need to work on the professional tone now. Sorry bit my tongue for long enough on this! The last guy was miles better! Fans need to stick to supporting the team and cheering the team on, no offence to Alan, but PA announcing is clearing not his day job and he does not sound great! Surely I would have thought he would have learned the players and sponsors names by now. Instead of reading for the sheet. Not got the X factor for me, and just because the VSC members think its good to have a fan on the mic doesn't mean its right.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 02, 2013, 03:36:17 pm by roversontheup »
I actually noticed an improved clarity last night whilst the announcement re John Whyllie was being made.  Granted the crowd was quiet but even so it was much improved.

IMHO Alan is streets ahead of the last guy.  Might not be perfect but the other guy irritated the hell out of me.  All about opinions I guess but Alan gets my vote!

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 02, 2013, 03:59:23 pm by eastender »
We commented last night on the improvement in the East stand, not too loud in the concourse and load enough and clear enough in the bowl. Well done.

The Bowl sounded OK from the East stand , but i had trouble hearing the half time draw on the Concourse.
Maybe just a little turn on the volume knob would do it , not to much as to distort the other areas.  :)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:03:17 pm by eastender »

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 02, 2013, 04:56:00 pm by rover-n-out »
Many thanks to you all for your valued and constructive comments. It would seem we have taken the system as far as we can re. volume and quality of sound.

Regarding the Concourses, we can't alter the volumes in them independently because we cannot get to the Concourse amplifiers volume settings as they are on the back of all the amps (no volume controls on the front), and secured to the amp rack which is inaccessible to us.

Hopefully things will remain as they are as long as nobody is allowed to do a Claudio Ranieri, and start "Tinkering" with it.

Once again, thank you all for your comments, let's just leave Alan and Rob to get on with it, and leave us to enjoy the day. R&O.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 02, 2013, 07:35:12 pm by Al4475 »
DonnyPlant: Firstly - no offence taken at all mate.

no offence to Alan, but PA announcing is clearing not his day job
Nope it's not, and a fair comment regarding professional tone - I'm not entirely happy with my delivery either.

Surely I would have thought he would have learned the players and sponsors names by now.
I've had four different versions of this since the season began as the players continue to pick up sponsors, or the sponsors swap players - the team sheet is separate every game to the sponsors list too.

Not got the X factor for me
Again fair enough - but what would the X-Factor sound like for you?

I have to say that since taking on this role, I've taken a far more detailed notice of the stuff happening when we are away. I thought Wigan sounded very good (although I must admit I was listening via radio to that one) and the Charlton guy was pretty good too - as for the others - I don't think they're any better at doing it than I am!

Wednesday had 30 cradles around Hillsboro and each cradle held an amp and 3 of the tannoy speakers that were the same as ours - and he was terrible.

It's tough to do it actually, a lot tougher than you'd think - but we keep trying to improve on things.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:10:12 pm by Al4475 »

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 02, 2013, 07:45:25 pm by LincolnDonny »
You are doing ALRIGHT MINISTER.
 :thumbsup:

Slimneil

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 02, 2013, 07:48:28 pm by Slimneil »
Sounded ok in south stand Alan as you said totally different speaker set up as at Hillsboro , and my wife heared her birthday message loud and clear so we were happy , welldone keep up the good work

donnyplant

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 03, 2013, 09:11:39 am by donnyplant »
I just think it needs more pizazz for me in the vocals. More confidence, more passion, more attitude so to speak. At times it sounds a bit like George from rainbow. More passion and assertiveness when saying things would help loads.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 03, 2013, 09:52:29 am by GazLaz »
You didn't used to be homeless did you Al?

http://youtu.be/MeVff3D6usQ

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 03, 2013, 08:37:15 pm by Al4475 »
DP:

I just think it needs more pizazz for me in the vocals. More confidence, more passion, more attitude so to speak. At times it sounds a bit like George from rainbow. More passion and assertiveness when saying things would help loads.

No worries will try and inject a bit more for you! I have to be careful not to go too far though - but will give it a blast!

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 04, 2013, 07:54:36 am by MiKA »
We was in the south stand halfway towards the east and it was far better, good job.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 04, 2013, 10:16:47 am by The Red Baron »
Just need to work on the professional tone now. Sorry bit my tongue for long enough on this! The last guy was miles better! Fans need to stick to supporting the team and cheering the team on, no offence to Alan, but PA announcing is clearing not his day job and he does not sound great! Surely I would have thought he would have learned the players and sponsors names by now. Instead of reading for the sheet. Not got the X factor for me, and just because the VSC members think its good to have a fan on the mic doesn't mean its right.

Hang on- you accuse him of doing the job like a fan and then you say he lacks passion! Personally I think he's a big improvement on the last bloke who used to drive me mad with inane chatter. I'm sure he'll only improve. Keep it up, Alan!

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 04, 2013, 10:23:48 am by VivaRovers »
I just think it needs more pizazz for me in the vocals.

Are we still talking about the PA here, or has Alan got a new album out? Pizazz on the vocals?! Bloody hell.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 05, 2013, 08:21:47 am by colincramb »
There was no issue with the PA last year from a clarity point of view. I still don't understand what has changed this season, it sounds worse than belle vue!

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 05, 2013, 01:14:20 pm by CusworthRovers »
Any chance of breaking out into song (club singer stylee), or maybe drop a gag in. Try this 'after Xmas dinner' favourite in our house.

..........I tell yer, after 1 pint I was an absolute wreck. I threw up all over my shirt, tried to finger this old lady, before shitting my pants and collapsing in the corner.
When I woke up the nurse told me 'that isn't a normal reaction to giving blood'

TinyPortal © 2005-2012