Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:19:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season ticket 2019/20 and 20/21 update  (Read 2594 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Season ticket 2019/20 and 20/21 update
« on June 17, 2020, 06:01:50 pm by silent majority »
I spoke with the club earlier today to get an update on where we stood with refunds and policy on 20/21 season tickets.

We did hope to have all the detail released this week but the club are holding back until next Monday to consider one or two other options that supporters have suggested they would like to see implemented. As I've said before the club have gone to some great lengths to try and ensure the survival of the club, but to also reward supporters for standing by DRFC at its time of need.

It's clear that the club have been overwhelmed with the level of commitment shown so far. Tough times do lie ahead, but if we all pull together like we have done so far then I'm sure we'll come through in more or less one piece.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Season ticket 2019/20 and 20/21 update
« Reply #1 on June 17, 2020, 06:34:55 pm by roversdude »
Thanks for the update Martin

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 17, 2020, 06:54:55 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Cheers Martin

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 17, 2020, 07:19:48 pm by pib »
Thanks for the update.

I know not everybody is in a position to do so, but I won’t be asking for a refund - hopefully if enough folk are able to do so it’ll help the club.

Not sure if you know SM, but do you know how much the club benefit financially from online sales from the Elite Pro Sports/Club Doncaster store? I’ve been buying a few bits to try to support the club but wondered how beneficial it is as I notice EPS do the fulfilment etc so presumably they take a fair slice?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 18, 2020, 12:43:15 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'm not sure how many people will be in a similar position to me, not being in a position to justify shelling out on a Season membership for next season yet. I am not fussed about a refund on last seasons ticket although it would be nice to have that reconciled against next seasons membership further down the line when I am in a better financial position.

However, I can afford to pledge towards my first home match ticket whenever that maybe.

I was wondering whether a scheme where fans like me could pledge to purchase a match ticket now to help the club by knowing the revenue is there, rather than waiting for a start date and the fixture list?

Also assuming fans will be allowed back in at some point, hopefully in time for the start of the new season.

So, in other words, buy a match ticket now, then call it in either when fans are permitted again or when the purchaser is able to attend further down the line.

Not sure what percentage of season members have renewed but I know 4, Inc me,  who haven't due to the uncertainty. Will this sort of revenue help towards DM's budget?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 18, 2020, 01:08:14 pm by silent majority »
I'm not sure how many people will be in a similar position to me, not being in a position to justify shelling out on a Season membership for next season yet. I am not fussed about a refund on last seasons ticket although it would be nice to have that reconciled against next seasons membership further down the line when I am in a better financial position.

However, I can afford to pledge towards my first home match ticket whenever that maybe.

I was wondering whether a scheme where fans like me could pledge to purchase a match ticket now to help the club by knowing the revenue is there, rather than waiting for a start date and the fixture list?

Also assuming fans will be allowed back in at some point, hopefully in time for the start of the new season.

So, in other words, buy a match ticket now, then call it in either when fans are permitted again or when the purchaser is able to attend further down the line.

Not sure what percentage of season members have renewed but I know 4, Inc me,  who haven't due to the uncertainty. Will this sort of revenue help towards DM's budget?

Hi Baz,

We can answer some of that, but most of the detail will be out on Monday regarding last seasons tickets.

We will have to wait a while for actions regarding next seasons tickets as we have no way of knowing yet what's happening. But all financial contributions will help immensely towards keeping the club afloat, and also giving DM something to work with.

It would be completely wrong for the club to start splashing out on new appointments whilst the players are deferring wages and staff are furloughed. It will be baby steps for sure.

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2020/june/update-for-supporters/

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 18, 2020, 01:22:38 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The proposals will be interesting and it really should be a turning point for football and opens up all sorts of conversations and debate.  Personally I'm not too concerned with 2019-20's money I've had enough value out of that, I'd like to thing most would, though I'm sure some will not.  I'm more concerned about the ST for the next season and the extra add ons bought recently ( well over £700 spent on that).  Losing out on some of that would sit a little uncomfortably and is a different matter as that is a lot of money, though I'm sure that wouldn't be the case it is a concern.

SM is spot on with the point on new appointments though, we all have to accept that new signings etc are not a sensible course of action right now.  Not often I have sympathy for footballers given what they earn (I don't think they have been furloughed either have they despite no work?), but I do have sympathy for those out of contract and potentially nowhere to go.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 18, 2020, 01:33:02 pm by RoversAlias »
The playing staff at the club were furloughed as far as I'm aware.

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 18, 2020, 01:43:50 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The playing staff at the club were furloughed as far as I'm aware.

Probably should rephrase it, yes they were but drfc paid the remainder of their salaries didn't they?

Should add which is bloody admirable from the football club by the way.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 01:46:49 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 18, 2020, 10:58:41 pm by StocktonRover »
Just spotted this on Twitter, I assume this is something the club is aware of - every bit helps.
https://twitter.com/progman68/status/1273735292034461697?s=21

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 18, 2020, 11:49:19 pm by silent majority »
Just spotted this on Twitter, I assume this is something the club is aware of - every bit helps.
https://twitter.com/progman68/status/1273735292034461697?s=21

Thanks Stockton, yes the club are aware.

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 19, 2020, 08:46:49 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I can only imagine the hmrc viewpoint on that.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 19, 2020, 07:59:33 pm by sheffield exile1 »
My thoughts are these.Those who can write off the lost revenue/matches for this season do so-those who can't be offered some compensation based on need and ability to pay, to be agreed.
Next season- whatever/whenever that is...no fans (very likely), free view on I-Follow for ST holders, pay per match non-ST holders, then to ensure social distancing wherever we are at by then, allow 4-5,000 fan in ST holders first plus a few others rigourous seat spacing enforced...views??

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 19, 2020, 08:37:16 pm by drfchound »
My thoughts are these.Those who can write off the lost revenue/matches for this season do so-those who can't be offered some compensation based on need and ability to pay, to be agreed.
Next season- whatever/whenever that is...no fans (very likely), free view on I-Follow for ST holders, pay per match non-ST holders, then to ensure social distancing wherever we are at by then, allow 4-5,000 fan in ST holders first plus a few others rigourous seat spacing enforced...views??

That all sounds reasonable to me.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 20, 2020, 08:38:36 am by bedale rover »
Does that mean I won't have to have earache from DD?

sounds good to me!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 20, 2020, 01:55:08 pm by roversdude »
Might be easier next week when we are down to 1m the standing bit in SS will have to be axed though

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 20, 2020, 02:32:13 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I think in 3 months time with how fast we've gone in terms of easing lockdown wouldn't be surprised if we're back in ground as normal by then.

Frankie Rennie

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 20, 2020, 03:13:11 pm by Frankie Rennie »
Statistics are now out which seem to confirm that most of the virus was actually passed by touching, hugging, shaking hands and infected surfaces rather than airborne. The new hygiene increase in hand washing and surface cleaning by businesses has vastly reduced the spread. Given that those under 70 with no other symptoms are at little risk should meant that restrictions are lifted before too long and though we can’t return to full Nirmal should allow most people to attend games in decent numbers. I think it’s down to risk but as long as we are all sensible we should be ok and the chances of a second spike reduced. We should also remember that 81k people died of flu in 1968 yet we didn’t close anything down. We need now to be realistic and not let the fear factor hold us back.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012