Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:18:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tommy Rowe  (Read 1293 times)

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
Tommy Rowe
« on November 27, 2021, 09:43:30 pm by Butchers Red »
Amidst all the carnage, Tommy stands head and shoulders above the rest,playing at least 1 level below his ability and wearing the shirt with pride, legend status for sure.Without him we would be 6 points adrift at the bottom without hope.The rest, all of them -pathetic journeymen who care nothing about our club.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

acacia94

• VSC Member
Re: Tommy Rowe
« Reply #1 on November 27, 2021, 09:54:59 pm by acacia94 »
And scored 3 of our 11 goals. He must be thinking what the f**k did I do coming back here!

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 27, 2021, 09:57:04 pm by redarmi66 »
Last time Tommy was with us he was equal to many others in that squad. Now he is by far the best player we have bar none. Says it all really

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 27, 2021, 09:59:19 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Agree. Rarely has a bad game and if he does, he still works hard. Plus he reminds me of Eden Hazard from a distance, although not as good ability wise.  :)

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 27, 2021, 10:01:22 pm by River Don »
Yes, I'm a big fan of Tommy.

He returned to the club for all the right reasons. I bet he's wondering what the f*** is going on.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 27, 2021, 10:09:35 pm by The Beast »
Last time Tommy was with us he was equal to many others in that squad. Now he is by far the best player we have bar none. Says it all really
I’m not sack the board, Wellens out crew but unfortunately that is so true.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 28, 2021, 01:40:06 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
Wasting his twilight years with us. Feel for him.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 28, 2021, 07:06:14 am by philsky »

Yes, this guy works his socks off; chasing balls down, tackling and making runs forward.

I get that we cant have headless chickens but surely his attitude would have rubbed off by now but with some out there is clearly hasn't.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 28, 2021, 11:25:02 am by Branton Rover »
I must admit to being surprised he came back when he did, my thought was he’d link up again at Posh, having played in the Championship for previous two seasons - delighted he came back though and when we get Olowu back he will most certainly return to midfield where he’s most effective - the fullback thing was a strange curve ball Wellens thought up - but forget that he’s a midfielder or wingback

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 28, 2021, 12:52:07 pm by RugbyRover »
Very good player for us and for me an obvious candidate to eventually succeed Wellens. very articulate and will have had a good football education having working with fergie for so long. In fact I remember Tommy getting loads of stick in that first spell from all the fergie haters.

In todays game fullback is a very important position so i can see what wellens was thinking in putting him there. unfortunately for that to be effective it needed the rest of the team to be in place and functioning.

Best place for Tommy with the current squad would be the defensive midfielder we are crying out for.   

TinyPortal © 2005-2012