Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 07:55:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coventry City  (Read 4925 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Coventry City
« on June 12, 2013, 05:39:15 am by Dagenham Rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Coventry City
« Reply #1 on June 12, 2013, 08:13:47 am by IDM »
I read somewhere (BBC Sport website) that the stadium owners may be part of the bidders to buy the club anyway, so I reckon the rent-free deal is part of a bigger offer?

pkt_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 02, 2013, 10:44:27 am by pkt_drfc »
Wow if it's true they have just been liquidated.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 02, 2013, 10:50:15 am by Dare to dream! »
Just been confirmed, liquidation. Feel so sorry for the fans. We should get in for some of there players Clarke, Moussa or fleck

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 02, 2013, 10:53:09 am by IDM »
I haven't read anything yet, but even if they have been liquidated watch out for a "newco" forming immediately and taking their place?

pkt_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 02, 2013, 11:00:11 am by pkt_drfc »
What's this mean will they drop out of the league or just take a -15 point penalty?.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 02, 2013, 11:00:23 am by Filo »
This just reinforces our owners decision to be wary of who you sell out to!

Take the Irish investment in our case, Sequentia Capital? Does anyone really know anything about them, this could easily turn out to be another SISU, ACL fiasco, I`m pleased our oweners are treading cautiously!

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 02, 2013, 11:01:39 am by Dare to dream! »
What's this mean will they drop out of the league or just take a -15 point penalty?.

Means there will no longer be a Coventry fc. Don't know what this does to the league. 1 day before the season n all...

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 02, 2013, 11:03:43 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Coventry are more than one company so they should still exist, it's what goes where that complicates things, I believe the players etc operate out of a sister company.  All very, very messy.

But I'm with Filo this is why we should never go gung ho chasing after good money etc, Coventry expected that, it never materialised and look where they are now.....

Maybe those criticising our board can take a look at them and realise that it's much bigger than a few big signings.

pkt_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 02, 2013, 11:04:14 am by pkt_drfc »

Means there will no longer be a Coventry fc. Don't know what this does to the league. 1 day before the season n all...

That's what I thought but reading sky blue forum some are just saying it will be -15 penalty with a season of transfer embargo

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 02, 2013, 11:07:45 am by Jenny »
I think it will be similar to the Southampton situation whereby it will be the holding company that goes into Liquidation and they will simply get a 15 point deduction rather than the club ceasing to exist.

It will be interesting to see what ACL have planned with this - they have turned down £590k as part of the CVA - they may not get more out of liquidation and then they are left with a stadium with no tenants.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 02, 2013, 11:09:57 am by Mr1Croft »
They will begin the season on -15 points.

However they are still being liquidated and it is the company that owns the 'golden share' in the FL that is being liquidated. Once that is stripped of its assets then technically Coventry City will no longer have a right to play in the FL. However I don't know what is going to happen.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 02, 2013, 11:10:19 am by Dare to dream! »

That's what I thought but reading sky blue forum some are just saying it will be -15 penalty with a season of transfer embargo

Yeah, i got it wrong good news. Just been reading a few bits people are saying 15 point deduction would be best case scenario many are predicting 20-30 points

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 02, 2013, 11:11:19 am by IDM »
And we've been arguing about budgets and Billy Sharp etc.  I know which club I'd rather be following, and I'm watching them play Blackpool tomorrow!

Another matter that puts our "issues" into perspective!

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 02, 2013, 11:12:31 am by not on facebook »
Maidstone were last Club to go down same Road.

It dont sound good on the wireless,but saying that they
Cant confirm what the news means as Of yet

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 02, 2013, 12:04:42 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
As far as I am aware, its a holding company which is liquidating.

They are under transfer embargo anyway until 30th August, and will be on -15 for being in admin during the season.

I just hope they can sort this mess out rather than lose a club.

Puts our situation into perspective.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 02, 2013, 12:16:51 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

And their last game was at Belle Vue, although nobody knew it at the time. I've still go the programme somewhere...

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 02, 2013, 12:27:35 pm by not on facebook »

And their last game was at Belle Vue, although nobody knew it at the time. I've still go the programme somewhere...

If i was a coventry fan at any games This season home or away,i would buy the matchday programme by the box load as it could turn into a healty profit it coventry FC do dissapear

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 02, 2013, 12:41:19 pm by DRNaith »

If i was a coventry fan at any games This season home or away,i would buy the matchday programme by the box load as it could turn into a healty profit it coventry FC do dissapear

....and then when the football league bottle-it and help Coventry by moving the golden share over to another company you've wasted a good few hundred quid :o

I like you thinking though, just too many opportunities for exceptions to be made.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 02, 2013, 12:46:04 pm by RedJ »
If this had been a smaller club I can't help but think the Football League would do all they could to f**k them off to the non leagues as soon as they could..

Best of luck to them though. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 02, 2013, 12:48:27 pm by DRNaith »
If this had been a smaller club I can't help but think the Football League would do all they could to f*** them off to the non leagues as soon as they could..

Best of luck to them though. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I agree with that

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 02, 2013, 01:16:48 pm by mattco »
I remember when we went up to Championship a few years ago and were due to play Coventry - a load of sneering comments from their fans about playing a team that should be playing the likes of Tamworth and Leamington.  How a few years can change things!

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 02, 2013, 01:26:08 pm by not on facebook »

....and then when the football league bottle-it and help Coventry by moving the golden share over to another company you've wasted a good few hundred quid :o

I like you thinking though, just too many opportunities for exceptions to be made.

Speculate to accumulate fella ,and there is ways to Get
Programmes on the cheap if you buy after matchday

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 02, 2013, 01:53:44 pm by Shawndrfc »
So is it only me that has had a look at the coventry squad to see if they have anyone who could do a job for us, because im sure their able to leave when this happens like what happened to portsmouth.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 02, 2013, 06:40:31 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We all know it's the fans who suffer and for this I'm sure we have a lot of sympathy.

I think the FL/FA within the FFP remit examine all clubs in terms of holding companies, trading companies etc., and warn them to get their houses in order to put a stop all these financial gymnastics. One club, one trading company.   

If the legislation comes in re supporters co-operatives shareholding then at least you have a chance of prevention rather than cure.

Spankster

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 02, 2013, 06:44:44 pm by Spankster »
Sky sports confirm Coventry have been deducted 10 points

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 02, 2013, 06:46:10 pm by glosterred »
On BBC Sport as well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23548760

I suppose LUFC fans will be moaning about why they get only 10 when they had a 15 point deduction (its so unfair!  :crying:)

:scarf:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 02, 2013, 07:08:21 pm by roversdude »
But they were dirty Leeds so deserved an extra 5 points

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 02, 2013, 08:28:28 pm by German Rover »
Same for Luton as well got fifteen points taken off them for the same thing and ended up with minus thirty and relegation as a result.

Having said that coventry are a 'big' club so the FL will look after them

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 02, 2013, 09:41:37 pm by silent majority »
Don't forget they were deducted points last season as well.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012