Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 04:33:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Onwards  (Read 2403 times)

Donnybax

• Forum Member
Onwards
« on August 03, 2013, 05:07:05 pm by Donnybax »
Sadly couldn't make it today but perfomcance sounded good especially Duffy. Onwards to the next game. Sounded like we need a striker who can put chances away though

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

raggytash

• Forum Member
Re: Onwards
« Reply #1 on August 03, 2013, 05:11:37 pm by raggytash »
Good?? It was terrible...no pace at the bk at all..long hard winter I'm afraid

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 03, 2013, 05:13:49 pm by Donnybax »
Good?? It was terrible...no pace at the bk at all..long hard winter I'm afraid
oh was it? It sounded a good performance quite fluid and copps cotterill and Duffy seemed to cause problems. Although I wasn't there so I can't really comment

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 03, 2013, 05:25:45 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I thought it was ok generally, didn't think either team in general play did enough all about set pieces really then Turnbull's mad moment.

Didn't get the Duffy sub at all and Bennett did nothing again.  We're a striker away I think as we created plenty but didn't finish it off.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 03, 2013, 05:28:20 pm by Donnyrovers »
Need one top centre half possibly 2, a striker who's capable of goals and a left back for competition with Husband or else we will be relegated. We were shakey at the back and played some nice stuff in midfield at times but got no goals in us, Duffy was very impressive.

RobbieDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 03, 2013, 05:30:17 pm by RobbieDRFC »
I thought that was some of the best football we had played in a very long time! Up until the 85th we were doing well and looked on top of possession, 3-1 was flattering to Blackpool.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 03, 2013, 05:34:58 pm by Viking Don »
I thought we were OK and were the better team for most of the game. I didn't get the Duffy substitution, Bennett did eff all apart from lose the ball. Also thought Paynter for Copps was a wrong move too - I understand PD probably felt we could push for the winner but we were doing just fine with one up top so either leave it alone or replace Browny.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 03, 2013, 05:36:06 pm by Filo »
I thought that was some of the best football we had played in a very long time! Up until the 85th we were doing well and looked on top of possession, 3-1 was flattering to Blackpool.

I agree, Turnbull had next to nothing to do all game, we looked ok after we settled and were on top when we conceded the second from a poorly defended corner, the third was as a result of us chasing the equaliser, and Thomas Ince is a Kitson!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 03, 2013, 05:37:13 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Thought if Paynter was coming on then it should have been Brown. Shouldn't have changed the system.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 03, 2013, 05:40:59 pm by andyst79 »
How did Turnbull play?

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 03, 2013, 05:42:31 pm by Viking Don »
How did Turnbull play?

Hard to tell as he didn't get many touches. He did manage to catch it once! Looked like he got kicked in the head for their first.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 03, 2013, 05:45:07 pm by Lipsy »
Got kicked in head, and has had stitches...

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 03, 2013, 05:49:55 pm by RobTheRover »
I thought we were OK and were the better team for most of the game. I didn't get the Duffy substitution, Bennett did eff all apart from lose the ball. Also thought Paynter for Copps was a wrong move too - I understand PD probably felt we could push for the winner but we were doing just fine with one up top so either leave it alone or replace Browny.

Agreed.  PD went for the win and it backfired a little, although you have to say both teams gaveaway acres of space in the 18 yard box for free headers.

Nothing really between the two sides in ability.  I thought Blackpool were very dirty though.  Every time a Rovers player got into a dangerous position Blackpool fouled them and the ref let them get away with it.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 03, 2013, 05:57:13 pm by mushRTID »
Reminded me of so many games at the start of our 1st season in the championship. Played well but not ruthless or streetwise enough.

I'm worried because they were a very average side. I'm hopeful though as the signs are there of a good side with the right additions. Need to learn quick though.

I hope Duffy was injured because I didn't get that one. Best player by a mile on the pitch.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 03, 2013, 06:39:39 pm by Wellred »
I thought Cotterill was brilliant in the first half but was totally invisible after half time.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 03, 2013, 06:56:06 pm by hoolahoop »
I thought Cotterill was brilliant in the first half but was totally invisible after half time.

We need to double his wages so that he can play well in both halves just for once.
Sorry folks as much as many on here would seek to reject it............we definitely need that investment and quickly.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 03, 2013, 09:33:49 pm by LincsRover »

I agree, Turnbull had next to nothing to do all game, we looked ok after we settled and were on top when we conceded the second from a poorly defended corner, the third was as a result of us chasing the equaliser, and Thomas Ince is a Kitson!

:that:  an arrogant mardy one at that - like father like son!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012