Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 01:17:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Squad list  (Read 3038 times)

racecourse red

• Forum Member
Squad list
« on July 31, 2013, 12:00:47 pm by racecourse red »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

TheFunk

• Forum Member
Re: Squad list
« Reply #1 on July 31, 2013, 12:04:15 pm by TheFunk »
Do you think they felt embarrassed whilst typing that out.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 31, 2013, 12:09:51 pm by nice one rovers »
Thirteen players.
We can only hope that they are taking us to an emotional low (like when Brentford awarded a penalty), to a massive euphoric high ( like the result at Brentford), by announcing tonight a whole raft of top notch players in key roles.
Fingers and toes crossed.

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 31, 2013, 12:13:01 pm by DRFCBRADFORD »
THE SQUAD IS A DISGRACE ,THERES NO CHANCE OFF NEW PLAYERS,RELIGATED BY CHRISTMAS

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 31, 2013, 12:17:59 pm by dknward2 »
Maybe we hoping to get the game called off

maybe andy needs to leave the sprinklers on all night and flood the pitch

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 31, 2013, 12:18:08 pm by DRNaith »
No chance of new players? I genuinely laughed at that.

As a Rovers supporter I've been through far worse and don't think that we'll be relegated this season, but even if we are at least we'll still be a league club, further more we'll still exist and at worst in league one.

Sorry but to talk about "no chance of new players" is absolute tosh

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 31, 2013, 12:21:14 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Suppose the thing is we have enough to get through this weeekend's game (just about) then we have 2 weeks before our next league game.  Though we will make signings this week I expect.

All's not lost, we're not far off being better than last year's team, in fact Spurr excepted we're not really (given you all thought Woods was useless anyway).  Midfield is stronger, but there is still IMO a concern over goalscoring, centre half and goalkeeper.  But we're not far off, then depth becomes the issue but I don't think we can afford a huge squad and it's time we started using the youngsters more as depth.  Losing Spurr isn't the worst thing in the world, shame but now Husband get his go, that's an exciting prospect.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 31, 2013, 12:36:43 pm by bobjimwilly »
THE SQUAD IS A DISGRACE ,THERES NO CHANCE OFF NEW PLAYERS,RELIGATED BY CHRISTMAS

That's the spirit! :thumbsup:

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 31, 2013, 12:40:15 pm by The L J Monk »
Paul Gerrard can go in goal.

Dickov probably still knows how to finish.

Where does John Ryan play?

MartinB

« Reply #9 on July 31, 2013, 12:41:48 pm by MartinB »
Also DERX say Forrester not signed?

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 31, 2013, 12:42:58 pm by DRNaith »
Also DERX say Forrester not signed?

Sorry, DERX?

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 31, 2013, 12:45:07 pm by roverssam1879 »
Suppose the thing is we have enough to get through this weeekend's game (just about) then we have 2 weeks before our next league game.  Though we will make signings this week I expect.

All's not lost, we're not far off being better than last year's team, in fact Spurr excepted we're not really (given you all thought Woods was useless anyway).  Midfield is stronger, but there is still IMO a concern over goalscoring, centre half and goalkeeper.  But we're not far off, then depth becomes the issue but I don't think we can afford a huge squad and it's time we started using the youngsters more as depth.  Losing Spurr isn't the worst thing in the world, shame but now Husband get his go, that's an exciting prospect.

The dissapointing thing is that we are hoping to ''just get by'' against Blackpool, we should have a 20 something man squad all prepared and ready to go.

but instead its half hearted, bring players in now and they still wont play to potential, they need match practise together. not a competative game that can have a huge effect on our season (every game counts).

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 31, 2013, 12:47:25 pm by TheFunk »

The dissapointing thing is that we are hoping to ''just get by'' against Blackpool, we should have a 20 something man squad all prepared and ready to go.

but instead its half hearted, bring players in now and they still wont play to potential, they need match practise together. not a competative game that can have a huge effect on our season (every game counts).

The one advantage we do have, is that Blackpool's scouts won't be able to compile much of a report on us.

MartinB

« Reply #13 on July 31, 2013, 12:57:09 pm by MartinB »
I'm relatively calm ahead of the meet the owners meeting as I feel we have several players who's deals will have been ratified...what I don't like is the posting of the squad and squad numbers seems to have been done in an arrogant piss take style.

And DRFC say Forrester not signed either...WTF?

Phoenix

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 31, 2013, 01:10:09 pm by Phoenix »

The one advantage we do have, is that Blackpool's scouts won't be able to compile much of a report on us.

Don't think it'll make that much difference if we end up with Donny Dog in goal.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 31, 2013, 02:13:16 pm by goalkick »
Look on the bright side.at least we will see if harper has improved during the closed season.could be in for a shock.  :silly:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 31, 2013, 04:17:37 pm by RedJ »

QUICKLY EVERYONE JOIN IN THE SHOUTING SO WE CAN MAKE IT BETTER

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 31, 2013, 04:20:38 pm by jonnydog »
ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

TinyPortal © 2005-2012