Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:23:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New Year Destinations  (Read 1088 times)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
New Year Destinations
« on May 02, 2012, 01:07:26 am by jonnydog »
I have finally battered Mrs JD into submission on the fact that New Years Eve is a shite, over-rated, over-priced waste of time. She has booked a week off from the 28th December and has agreed that seeing the New Year in on some sunny beach makes a lot more sense.  :woohoo:

Anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone else has done this in past and where is nice weather at that time of year, whilst still reasonable on the wallet? I know folk say Canary isles are warm enough but like venturing different places.

Also, will it get cheaper if waiting for a last-minuter or with it being school/Xmas holidays will it stay roughly same dosh so pointless holding out and risking not getting anywhere?!

Cheers in advance for any help

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
Re: New Year Destinations
« Reply #1 on May 02, 2012, 07:11:58 am by DaveDRFC »
Cyprus is pretty warm that time of year, imagine somewhere like Egypt would be nice too.

I'd get it booked personally, with it being over new year plenty of people will have the same idea as you and then at least you'll know you've got it sorted. I have the same problem, wondering if I should wait for something last minute but always end up booking in advance as I like to be organised!

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 02, 2012, 09:35:37 am by Jenny »
Peru!!

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 02, 2012, 04:20:57 pm by Pintolager »
You know your taste and your own budget, but my cousin and her husband went to Bali a few years back for the New Year period and only paid something like £1300 for the pair of them. Supposed to be really nice.

If booking online, then opodo have some great deals, including last minute

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 02, 2012, 04:29:59 pm by RedJ »
wherever you end up, drop me a line so I can pay Mrs JD a visit while you're at the bar ;)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 05, 2012, 07:46:01 pm by Donnywolf »
I have done Las Vegas which was warm during day and c-h-i-l-l-y at night for New Year

I also did Tenerife x 2 and Lanzarote x 2 for Xmas & New Year and was having Crimbo Dinner on Beach eaxh time - and fantaxtic Fireworks at Midnight on NYE / NYDay

IMO Go Canaries and if I went this year I would choose Fuerteventura - Barcelo Thalasso Spa but its probably booked up already

Dont forget you may miss Scunny away  :crying: :crying: :crying:

ch-ch rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 06, 2012, 01:43:19 am by ch-ch rover »
You could come to Christchurch ther maybe an earthquake as a momento

TinyPortal © 2005-2012