Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:49:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Apprenticeships  (Read 2216 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Apprenticeships
« on August 17, 2012, 03:58:37 pm by roverstillidie91 »
does anyone know anyone in the local area that are taking on for apprentices, mainly looking for contruction but would be prepared to take up anything at the moment

thanks

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DC-

• Forum Member
Re: Apprenticeships
« Reply #1 on August 17, 2012, 05:51:02 pm by DC- »
No one personally but the job centre will probably have a lot more knowledge.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 20, 2012, 04:59:57 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Tried them mate just about every website and that now

DC-

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 20, 2012, 05:59:50 pm by DC- »
Get banging on doors then. Speculative e-mails, letters, calls. Only way these days. Companies can just sit back and wait for the unemployed to come to them. Seize the initiative.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 21, 2012, 09:01:02 am by ditch_drfc »
Unfortunately DC that isn't the way any more. I know from personal experience. Every time you send a letter you get no response, every time you call or visit they tell you it's all done online and you need to keep checking to see if jobs become available. It's a tough time to get a job

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 21, 2012, 10:00:17 am by jonnydog »
Is there any apprenticeship you have in mind, i.e. what kind of work is it your after?

DC-

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 21, 2012, 11:03:54 am by DC- »
I know mate, 126 degree-related job applications since January (I've been keeping track) across the Isles and a handful more further afield. Add to that about twice as many speculative enquiries, countless phone calls and part-time applications. Went to a job interview for a part-time job recently, they told me in not quite the same words that I'm too old.

Very tough time to get a job. See you all in the queue on Monday? ;)

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 21, 2012, 12:27:36 pm by turnbull for england »
Dmbc are after an apprentice mechanic on a 4 year apprenticeship - go on council website for details   or call at mansion house for application form  needs to be in by 24th though

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 21, 2012, 03:11:37 pm by ditch_drfc »
I know it's tough isn't it. Was out of work for a year before I moved to Leeds and got a job in an opticians this March. Sent out countless applications and forms, it's unreal. I'm now one of the lucky and fortunate people to be in work.

Anyway, whilst you're looking for an apprenticeship, you can set up an account on the apprenticeship website ran by the government and it will notify you when the type that you want become available.

http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 23, 2012, 12:05:35 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Just looking for anything that can provide good prospects for myself and the future, mainly construction like but anything except retail or care work or anything in that region anyway. Monday to friday job pref for like going to see Rovers but not going to be too picky on that score anyway.

done the whole handing cv's out, making phone calls and emailing

just nothing out there and doesn't seem to look like it's going to get any better

DC-

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 23, 2012, 09:53:45 pm by DC- »
How far afield are you looking?

Spankster

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 23, 2012, 09:58:15 pm by Spankster »
CLub shop are asking for match day worker, not ideal I know but you never know this may lead to opportunities if you impress. better than nowt tbh

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 24, 2012, 04:06:14 pm by roverstillidie91 »

I live in Dunscroft between the co-op an asda

i'm seeking a job so i can get my driving license as well but to be honest anything that is within reach like locally or around town or something

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 25, 2012, 09:37:03 am by Filo »

I live in Dunscroft between the co-op an asda

i'm seeking a job so i can get my driving license as well but to be honest anything that is within reach like locally or around town or something

That`s your problem, you`re from the wrong side of the bridge! You don`t live in the house at the bottom of the bridge where the Police always seem to be do you?

DC-

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 25, 2012, 09:01:19 pm by DC- »
Tried Sheffield? The council there have just taken on a couple of large contracts and insisted that apprenticeships are made. Might be worth a punt?

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 27, 2012, 09:06:45 am by roverstillidie91 »
Tried Sheffield? The council there have just taken on a couple of large contracts and insisted that apprenticeships are made. Might be worth a punt?

Is it easily reachable by train mate. If i go via donny to sheffield ?

DC-

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 27, 2012, 10:16:17 am by DC- »
20 minutes on the train fella. You can get the "South Yorkshire Day Tripper" too on the bus which is £6.30 and you can travel ANYWHERE in South Yorkshire for the day on the bus, train and tram. That pretty much opens up South Yorkshire to you mate. Get applying in Barnsley, Wath and Rotherham too. I think there's a lot going on in Rotherham at the moment, they're putting a lot of money into the town.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 27, 2012, 04:26:59 pm by German Rover »
Have you thought of the Army, royal egineers are always recruiting and a good place to learn a trade like construction and you'll get paid more than an apprentice would. Done me no harm seen the world and learned a trade.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012