Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:15:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Benefits  (Read 15996 times)

dknward2

• VSC Member
Re: Benefits
« Reply #30 on January 02, 2013, 07:57:22 pm by dknward2 »
Ok I do have my own house. But if you are paying rent of 400 and you say a mortgage would be only 175 so where do you get this deposit to pay this? Move back in with mum and dad

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 02, 2013, 08:11:47 pm by MrFrost »
Anyone who rents needs their heads looking at (I accept that renting does suit certain people but the vast majority would be better off buying their own property). We live in a part of the world where house prices are cheap and owning a house is a very realistic proposition for the vast bulk of people.

For example a two bed terraced would typically be £400 per month in rent whereas a mortgage on the same property would only be £175 and would eventually be paid off. The mortgage would get easier to pay due to the ravages of inflation whereas the rent will go up in line with or higher than inflation. It's a no-brainer.

Why are renters so stupid?

Care to give me the money for a deposit? I have no choice but to rent. I've never been in a position to purchase a house, never mind own a string of them, so well done that life has been so kind to you that you have managed to do it, there is no need to patronise those of us who cannot get on the property ladder.

And for the record, I wouldn't rent a house off you if you gave it me for nowt if that is your attitude to renters.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 02, 2013, 08:14:25 pm by MrFrost »
What a load of b*llocks.

Only if you have the mindset of a leftie loser. Anyone can own properties if they've got an ounce of intelligence and get up and go. It's very easy to do and is a much better investment option than a private pension.

So i'm a leftie loser? You know nothing about me, or my life. Keyboard warrior - that's all you are. A nobody.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 02, 2013, 08:52:17 pm by jucyberry »
Mr frost is right and apart from that....

Perhaps you should have some respect for these 'stupid' renters..After all aren't they paying for your string of houses?.

You really are a,.............. well, I'm sure there are plenty on here fond enough of you to fill in the blanks.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 09:58:37 pm by jucyberry »

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 02, 2013, 10:38:36 pm by mjdgreg »
Ok I do have my own house. But if you are paying rent of 400 and you say a mortgage would be only 175 so where do you get this deposit to pay this? Move back in with mum and dad

That old chestnut. Look, it's very easy. You SAVE UP for a deposit. How hard is it to understand that? You prioritise your life. For example you don't have 2 holidays abroad every year. You don't wear designer clothes. You do without a car etc. You don't spend every penny you earn. You live within your means. You don't live your life on credit.

I stand by what I say. Renting for most people is absolute stupidity. All it takes is a bit of self discipline to save for a deposit and in the long run you will be far better off financially. Anyone that can't understand that deserves to be classed as stupid.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 02, 2013, 10:43:35 pm by mjdgreg »
Care to give me the money for a deposit? I have no choice but to rent. I've never been in a position to purchase a house, never mind own a string of them, so well done that life has been so kind to you that you have managed to do it, there is no need to patronise those of us who cannot get on the property ladder.

And for the record, I wouldn't rent a house off you if you gave it me for nowt if that is your attitude to renters.

I simply don't believe that you have never been in a position to buy a house. Doncaster has just about the cheapest houses in the country. It's not so long ago that you could get a 100% mortgage. You've obviously always spent all your money and lived day to day with no thought of the future. This is a very stupid way to carry on. If you can afford to pay rent then you can afford to buy a house. No question.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 03, 2013, 09:05:14 am by MrFrost »

I simply don't believe that you have never been in a position to buy a house. Doncaster has just about the cheapest houses in the country. It's not so long ago that you could get a 100% mortgage. You've obviously always spent all your money and lived day to day with no thought of the future. This is a very stupid way to carry on. If you can afford to pay rent then you can afford to buy a house. No question.

You know nothing about me. Who do you think you are calling me stupid? Why not come from behind your keyboard and say these things to me on a match day?

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 03, 2013, 10:48:41 am by mjdgreg »
Question to all you renters. Why when 100% mortgages were available did you rent instead of buy when it is so obviously much better to buy than rent from a financial point of view?

Unless you can give me a good answer then I'm afraid I will not withdraw my statement that it is stupid to rent for the vast majority of renters in Doncaster.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 03, 2013, 10:57:30 am by MrFrost »
Question to all you renters. Why when 100% mortgages were available did you rent instead of buy when it is so obviously much better to buy than rent from a financial point of view?

Unless you can give me a good answer then I'm afraid I will not withdraw my statement that it is stupid to rent for the vast majority of renters in Doncaster.

Not earning enough for the banks to lend
Poor or no credit history to be able to get a mortgage.
A sales job where a lot of your income is from commission - most lenders won't take it in to account.
Someone's life situation at that point. Not everything is as black and white as you make it.

For the record - I'm 30 years old now. When these 100% mortgages were available I wasn't in a position work wise to buy a house. Now I have a decent income, I have no savings to put down for a deposit. And before you go on about that's my own fault - you know nothing about me or why I have no savings.

So what. I rent a house. It doesn't make me stupid at all. I'm able to live a decent life and provide for my son. Just because I don't own a pile of bricks and mortar doesn't make me any less of a man than you.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 03, 2013, 11:10:51 am by mjdgreg »
Here's an example for all you renters that should make you sit up and take notice.

Currently it is possible to buy a house in Doncaster for only £35,000. These days you'd more than likely need to put down a deposit of 10% which is only £3,500. This would then leave you with a mortgage of £31,500. Assuming a repayment mortgage over 25 years you would then have monthly payments of only £166, assuming an interest rate of 4.00% (cheaper rates than this are available).

Typically, renters will be paying £400 or more a month. Rent will rise over the years with inflation. Mortgages will be eroded over the years with inflation and after 25 years or sooner you will have a roof over your head without having to pay rent or a mortgage.

I don't care what anybody says, anyone can save £3,500 if they put their mind to it. I have conclusively proved it is stupid to rent for the vast majority of renters in Doncaster.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 03, 2013, 11:14:25 am by mjdgreg »
A sales job where a lot of your income is from commission - most lenders won't take it in to account.
Someone's life situation at that point. Not everything is as black and white as you make it.

For the record - I'm 30 years old now. When these 100% mortgages were available I wasn't in a position work wise to buy a house. Now I have a decent income, I have no savings to put down for a deposit. And before you go on about that's my own fault - you know nothing about me or why I have no savings.

So what. I rent a house. It doesn't make me stupid at all. I'm able to live a decent life and provide for my son. Just because I don't own a pile of bricks and mortar doesn't make me any less of a man than you.

Reading between the lines you sound like you are now in a position to buy a house. It sounds like you are enjoying your 'decent' life and don't want to save for a deposit as this will impact on your 'decent' life. That is your choice. No pain, no gain. It is people like you that keep us landlords in business.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 03, 2013, 11:48:05 am by MrFrost »

Reading between the lines you sound like you are now in a position to buy a house. It sounds like you are enjoying your 'decent' life and don't want to save for a deposit as this will impact on your 'decent' life. That is your choice. No pain, no gain. It is people like you that keep us landlords in business.

I never said I wasn't saving. Although I would doubt a bank would give me a mortgage as I have very little credit history - thus giving me a low credit score.

Yes it might be possible to buy a house for £35k. I'd like to see the condition of the house at that value.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 03, 2013, 12:41:08 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Yes it might be possible to buy a house for £35k. I'd like to see the condition of the house at that value.

You might not want to see the neighbourhood it's in though.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 03, 2013, 01:34:57 pm by jucyberry »
So then, I guess that is Mick's admission that he is a slum landlord..Thought as much..

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 03, 2013, 03:51:25 pm by CusworthRovers »
Our very own Sheriff Fatman is madmichael.

Speaking of houses and renting......I heard St Leger Homes (I think via a new gov't proposal) are now charging tenants for having empty bedrooms. I suppose the idea is to stop single parent mums with 1 kid having 3 bedroom houses. Is there sense in this? I'll let you folks decide.

For you non Donny lot SLH are the local council housing team ie council houses

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 03, 2013, 04:19:33 pm by jucyberry »
It's a terrible idea, one of the many that this lot have thought out whilst having their expense fueled luncheons.
This will hit people who can least afford to lose, people already being hit by caps. they are targeting people on HB, expecting them to either take the hit or move.. Of course in their monied world removals are but pennies, but for those on next to nothing it would cost more than perhaps they have.

the worst thing is like so many of these knee jerk proposals they don't seem to be thought through properly, there is going to be total carnage in this country come April onwards...
They are incapable of organising a pissup in a brewery yet we are expected to believe that people aren't going to go hungry whilst waiting for an ill eqqipped system to crank into gear?

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 03, 2013, 04:33:47 pm by mjdgreg »

There's no possible about it. Here's a lovely example of a 3 bed house that only needs a bit of decorating:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-39835571.html

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 03, 2013, 04:35:44 pm by mjdgreg »
never said I wasn't saving. Although I would doubt a bank would give me a mortgage as I have very little credit history - thus giving me a low credit score.

Excuses, excuses. What kind of credit rating do first time buyers have? Stop looking for lame excuses and get on with sorting your life out.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 03, 2013, 04:42:51 pm by RedJ »
never said I wasn't saving. Although I would doubt a bank would give me a mortgage as I have very little credit history - thus giving me a low credit score.

Excuses, excuses. What kind of credit rating do first time buyers have? Stop looking for lame excuses and get on with sorting your life out.

Maybe he doesn't feel he needs his life sorting out? After all, it IS his money and as I'd imagine you'd agree to a great extent it means he can do what he wants with it.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 03, 2013, 04:44:06 pm by MrFrost »

My life is fine thank you you patronising moron.

First time buyers may have an excellent credit rating depending on credit cards/loans etc they have paid back. I've never took out credit so I don't have that kind of history.

Seriously, I bet you wouldn't dare give out your pearls of wisdom to any of us if you met us face to face. In fact, your life, in my opinion must be absolutely awful, and the only way you get any enjoyment is to think you are above everyone else.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 03, 2013, 06:34:44 pm by mjdgreg »

First time buyers may have an excellent credit rating depending on credit cards/loans etc they have paid back. I've never took out credit so I don't have that kind of history.

Seriously, I bet you wouldn't dare give out your pearls of wisdom to any of us if you met us face to face. In fact, your life, in my opinion must be absolutely awful, and the only way you get any enjoyment is to think you are above everyone else.

You're the one that is patronising me and being very abusive! All I am doing is giving out excellent advice to you renters!  I can't think of anything that is guaranteed to make someone's life absolutely awful than the prospect of paying ever increasing rent when there is so obviously a much better solution. If only people could live within their means and cop themselves on.

Money worries are a big part of relationship breakdowns. Deciding to be a renter is guaranteed to cause money worries. What on earth is going to happen if you lose your job in the future and haven't paid for a roof over your head? The government are increasingly less likely to bail you out (quite right too). You are stupid to live with that kind of unnecessary stress.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 03, 2013, 06:42:32 pm by mjdgreg »
Maybe he doesn't feel he needs his life sorting out? After all, it IS his money and as I'd imagine you'd agree to a great extent it means he can do what he wants with it.

The only problem I have with your statement is that it is fine for him to do what he wants with his money as long as he doesn't expect me and all the other taxpayers to pay his rent for him if he ever loses his job. He should take responsibility and buy a house and stop being a risk to the taxpayer. The same goes for all you other renters that can afford to buy a house.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 03, 2013, 06:44:29 pm by RedJ »

The only problem I have with your statement is that it is fine for him to do what he wants with his money as long as he doesn't expect me and all the other taxpayers to pay his rent for him if he ever loses his job. He should take responsibility and buy a house and stop being a risk to the taxpayer. The same goes for all you other renters that can afford to buy a house.

So far as I can see he's made no statement to suggest such expectations, and as he says he's very unlikely to get a mortgage due to personal factors so he can't exactly "take responsibility and buy a house".

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 03, 2013, 06:46:11 pm by mjdgreg »
So then, I guess that is mjdgreg's admission that he is a slum landlord..Thought as much..

The exact opposite is the truth. I am adored by my renters. I spent thousands last year improving my properties and no I didn't put the rent up.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 03, 2013, 06:46:16 pm by MrFrost »

You're the one that is patronising me and being very abusive! All I am doing is giving out excellent advice to you renters!  I can't think of anything that is guaranteed to make someone's life absolutely awful than the prospect of paying ever increasing rent when there is so obviously a much better solution. If only people could live within their means and cop themselves on.

Money worries are a big part of relationship breakdowns. Deciding to be a renter is guaranteed to cause money worries. What on earth is going to happen if you lose your job in the future and haven't paid for a roof over your head? The government are increasingly less likely to bail you out (quite right too). You are stupid to live with that kind of unnecessary stress.

As I said, you know nothing about me, and do not have to justify how I live my life. I haven't been in a position buy a house, and still am not, but i'm saving, and hopefully one day I will have a chance to buy my own home. Point the me in the direction of a bank who will lend me some money to buy one, because I have enquired many times to be told no.
But you calling the majority of people who rent as stupid is non founded and patronising.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 03, 2013, 06:48:35 pm by mjdgreg »
So far as I can see he's made no statement to suggest such expectations, and as he says he's very unlikely to get a mortgage due to personal factors so he can't exactly "take responsibility and buy a house".

How does he know he won't get a mortgage? Sounds like he's never even tried. I bet he'd soon bang a HB claim in if he lost his job.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 03, 2013, 06:49:18 pm by RedJ »

How does he know he won't get a mortgage? Sounds like he's never even tried. I bet he'd soon bang a HB claim in if he lost his job.

As he's just explained above, he's been turned down several times.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 03, 2013, 06:51:29 pm by MrFrost »

Seriously, who the f**k do you think you are. And if I did lose my job and claim housing benefit, what concern of yours would it be. Last time I checked it wasn't illegal.
And if you read my previous posts which you clearly haven't, you will see I have enquired about a mortgaged before to be told no.

To be honest, I reckon you're a complete WUM, who probably has none of what you claim, but try to believe you are more than what you are.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on January 03, 2013, 06:56:45 pm by mjdgreg »
As he's just explained above, he's been turned down several times.

The question is why? He must be a bad credit risk. Why not hook up with someone who has a good credit history? Why not save a bigger deposit? Why not try a mortgage broker?

Unfortunately if you have a leftie mindset then all you can ever see is problems. You then expect the government (other taxpayers) to sort them out for you.  I am a solutions sort of person. Give me a problem and I will find a solution without relying on other taxpayers.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 03, 2013, 06:59:10 pm by mjdgreg »
And if I did lose my job and claim housing benefit, what concern of yours would it be.

It would be a concern of mine because I and other taxpayers would be left to pick up your rent bill. Do the decent thing and buy a house and get the mortgage paid off ASAP and stop being a risk to us taxpayers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012