Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:22:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Benefits  (Read 16009 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Benefits
« Reply #60 on January 03, 2013, 07:00:00 pm by MrFrost »
As he's just explained above, he's been turned down several times.

The question is why? He must be a bad credit risk. Why not hook up with someone who has a good credit history? Why not save a bigger deposit? Why not try a mortgage broker?

Unfortunately if you have a leftie mindset then all you can ever see is problems. You then expect the government (other taxpayers) to sort them out for you.  I am a solutions sort of person. Give me a problem and I will find a solution without relying on other taxpayers.

Hook up with someone who has a good credit history? In what way?
I've already explained the situation to you, if you bothered to read it, which you clearly didn't.

Just who am I expecting to sort the situation out? I haven't complained about renting. I'm not moaning that I can't by a house. My point is that you have no right to belittle those who can't, for whatever reason get on the property ladder.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 03, 2013, 07:00:51 pm by MrFrost »
And if I did lose my job and claim housing benefit, what concern of yours would it be.

It would be a concern of mine because I and other taxpayers would be left to pick up your rent bill. Do the decent thing and buy a house and get the mortgage paid off ASAP and stop being a risk to us taxpayers.

You're showing yourself up now.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on January 03, 2013, 07:01:02 pm by RedJ »
You're right Frosty, WUM of the highest order though we must give him that.

What part of this:
I would doubt a bank would give me a mortgage as I have very little credit history - thus giving me a low credit score.

and this:
you will see I have enquired about a mortgaged before to be told no.

are you struggling to understand?

He can't "do the decent thing" if banks won't give him money and he hasn't got enough saved yet, now can he? What else is he meant to do?

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on January 03, 2013, 07:04:38 pm by mjdgreg »
Speaking of houses and renting......I heard St Leger Homes (I think via a new gov't proposal) are now charging tenants for having empty bedrooms. I suppose the idea is to stop single parent mums with 1 kid having 3 bedroom houses. Is there sense in this?

Of course tenants should be charged for empty rooms. How on earth can it be right for one person to have a 3 bedroomed house when there are families on an ever increasing waiting list?

A point you don't make is that they only get this charge if they are relying on benefits to pay the rent. If you pay the full rent out of your wages you are not affected.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on January 03, 2013, 07:08:50 pm by mjdgreg »

What part of this:
Quote from: MrFrost on Today at 11:48:05 AM
I would doubt a bank would give me a mortgage as I have very little credit history - thus giving me a low credit score.

and this:
Quote from: MrFrost on Today at 06:51:29 PM

He can't "do the decent thing" if banks won't give him money and he hasn't got enough saved yet, now can he? What else is he meant to do?

I'm certain that if I was in the same position I would soon have the problem sorted. There are many ways around this problem. My advice would be 'must try harder'.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on January 03, 2013, 07:10:17 pm by MrFrost »

What part of this:
Quote from: MrFrost on Today at 11:48:05 AM

and this:
Quote from: MrFrost on Today at 06:51:29 PM

I'm certain that if I was in the same position I would soon have the problem sorted. There are many ways around this problem. My advice would be 'must try harder'.

Ok. So how do you get round the problem of the bank saying no?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on January 03, 2013, 07:12:19 pm by RedJ »
How would you get around the problem of only being able to earn a certain amount of money per year, per month even after the expenses of living, and yet still quickly be able to "do the decent thing" and buy a house then?

Bearing in mind starting your own  business (as I'm sure you'll suggest) will cost and will more often than not take even longer to get you the money you need, and changing career is far from a guaranteed option.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on January 03, 2013, 07:16:12 pm by mjdgreg »
Ok. So how do you get round the problem of the bank saying no?

A mortgage broker is the obvious answer. If you've never used credit in the past and don't have a history of bad debts then you would soon get sorted out.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on January 03, 2013, 07:19:10 pm by mjdgreg »
How would you get around the problem of only being able to earn a certain amount of money per year, per month even after the expenses of living, and yet still quickly be able to "do the decent thing" and buy a house then?

Bearing in mind starting your own  business (as I'm sure you'll suggest) will cost and will more often than not take even longer to get you the money you need, and changing career is far from a guaranteed option.

I'd need to know what a person's top line is before I could give excellent advice. There are plenty of businesses that cost hardly anything to start up.  Usually I find that renters tend to spend every penny they get and don't think further than tomorrow. Big mistake.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on January 03, 2013, 07:21:18 pm by MrFrost »

I'd need to know what a person's top line is before I could give excellent advice. There are plenty of businesses that cost hardly anything to start up.  Usually I find that renters tend to spend every penny they get and don't think further than tomorrow. Big mistake.

Wrong. Your stereotypical views of people are well off the mark.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on January 03, 2013, 07:23:02 pm by RedJ »

Even if they cost nothing to set up, doesn't mean for a second that it'll make the kind of money you need, and if you need to lend money and the business struggles and then it struggles to pay it back, you're f**ked either way really.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on January 03, 2013, 07:29:07 pm by mjdgreg »

One fifth of people are still paying for Christmas 2011 on credit. 50% of people have paid for Christmas 2012 on credit. The vast bulk of these people are renters. Say no more.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on January 03, 2013, 07:32:08 pm by mjdgreg »
Even if they cost nothing to set up, doesn't mean for a second that it'll make the kind of money you need, and if you need to lend money and the business struggles and then it struggles to pay it back, you're f***ed either way really.

You'll never be a successful businessman with such a negative leftie outlook on life. Be positive! Become a right winger! Look after yourself instead of waiting for the government to look after you. You'll never look back

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on January 03, 2013, 07:33:11 pm by MrFrost »

One fifth of people are still paying for Christmas 2011 on credit. 50% of people have paid for Christmas 2012 on credit. The vast bulk of these people are renters. Say no more.

Can you provide me with some evidence of where the vast bulk of these are renters?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on January 03, 2013, 07:35:51 pm by RedJ »
Even if they cost nothing to set up, doesn't mean for a second that it'll make the kind of money you need, and if you need to lend money and the business struggles and then it struggles to pay it back, you're f***ed either way really.

You'll never be a successful businessman with such a negative leftie outlook on life. Be positive! Become a right winger! Look after yourself instead of waiting for the government to look after you. You'll never look back

Answer my question.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on January 03, 2013, 07:38:24 pm by wilts rover »

Can you provide me with some evidence of where the vast bulk of these are renters?

I was just about to ask the same thing. I was also going to ask for evidence of the average wage and how many of these people were in full-time employment too?

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on January 03, 2013, 08:17:17 pm by jucyberry »
Unless KLWN council is different to Doncaster council they won't be paying housing benefit in homes that have more bedrooms than tennants anyway and that is before this new restriction comes in. Children up to the age of ten are required to share a bedroom same gender or otherwise. Same sex children until the age of sixteen.

They pay a set amount towards the rent, as I have said before, for a two bedroom property it is £119.00 a week.. anything over that the tennant has to find from their benefits...So, just imagine you are already paying out of that to top up the rent, you are then hit by the universal credit AND the so called bedroom tax at a rate of £14 a week PER bedroom.. the way it is going benefits will be at a minus rate per week..

http://www.housing.org.uk/policy/welfare_reform/%e2%80%98under-occupation%e2%80%99_penalty.aspx

I would think you would already know this being a property magnate Mick.

As to the claptrap about being more secure as a homeowner, well.. Tell that to the Comet workers, the JJB sports workers, Clintons workers and the hundreds of others , mortgaged to the hilt who are now facing an uncertain future and possible loss of their homes.

At least for those 'stupid' enough to rent there is a little more help...for now.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:21:50 pm by jucyberry »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on January 03, 2013, 09:17:13 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Yep send your other half out on a Betterware round and invest the profit in Goldmines   :thumbsup:

Get in the real world Mick, circumstances are individual whats works for me won't always work for you or anybody else

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on January 03, 2013, 09:32:45 pm by mjdgreg »
£119 per week is plenty for a two bedroomed house. My tenants don't get charged anywhere near that amount. If that doesn't cover the rent then move somewhere where it does. There are plenty of houses that are available.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on January 03, 2013, 09:35:09 pm by mjdgreg »

Answer my question
[/b].

I'd answer your question if you'd asked one. All you've done is make a statement.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on January 03, 2013, 09:37:04 pm by RedJ »
Point taken, I used the wrong phrase there, but I did make a statement warranting a response, which I now want.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on January 03, 2013, 09:40:41 pm by jucyberry »
There aren't many houses costing 35k on the coast in Norfolk Mick... it's a highly desirable area to live aparently......People flock here for the sea, green fields and peace, we haven't much call for back to backs....

Unfortunately that comes at a cost.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on January 03, 2013, 09:41:38 pm by mjdgreg »
As to the claptrap about being more secure as a homeowner, well.. Tell that to the Comet workers, the JJB sports workers, Clintons workers and the hundreds of others , mortgaged to the hilt who are now facing an uncertain future and possible loss of their homes.

At least for those 'stupid' enough to rent there is a little more help...for now.

Home-owners also get help with mortgage interest. Why do you assume that all the Comet, JJB, Clintons and the hundreds of others are mortgaged to the hilt and are facing the possible loss of their homes? Talk about exaggerating. I'll bet most of these will soon have another job and living in Doncaster their mortgages will be easily affordable due to the low cost of housing.

In my previous example the mortgage was only £116 per month. Hardly mortgaged to the hilt.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on January 03, 2013, 09:42:58 pm by mjdgreg »
Point taken, I used the wrong phrase there, but I did make a statement warranting a response, which I now want.

Ask a question and I will reply.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on January 03, 2013, 09:47:11 pm by mjdgreg »
There aren't many houses costing 35k on the coast in Norfolk mjdgreg... it's a highly desirable area to live aparently......People flock here for the sea, green fields and peace, we haven't much call for back to backs....

You missed a bit off your last sentence. It should have read 'Unfortunately that comes at a cost to the taxpayer'.

I know it's a bit harsh, but if you can't afford to live in an area then you have to move to one that you can afford to live in. It's not right to expect the taxpayer to make up the difference in living costs just because you can't earn enough to live in a desirable area.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on January 03, 2013, 09:48:18 pm by RedJ »

Even if they cost nothing to set up, doesn't mean for a second that it'll make the kind of money you need, and if you need to lend money and the business struggles and then it struggles to pay it back, you're f**ked either way really.

In this case, what do you do?

There - question. Answer?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on January 03, 2013, 09:49:55 pm by Dagenham Rover »
There aren't many houses costing 35k on the coast in Norfolk mjdgreg... it's a highly desirable area to live aparently......People flock here for the sea, green fields and peace, we haven't much call for back to backs....

You missed a bit off your last sentence. It should have read 'Unfortunately that comes at a cost to the taxpayer'.

I know it's a bit harsh, but if you can't afford to live in an area then you have to move to one that you can afford to live in. It's not right to expect the taxpayer to make up the difference in living costs just because you can't earn enough to live in a desirable area.

You really are a total idiot

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on January 03, 2013, 09:50:23 pm by mjdgreg »
Yep send your other half out on a Betterware round and invest the profit in Goldmines   

Get in the real world mjdgreg, circumstances are individual whats works for me won't always work for you or anybody else

What's wrong with having a Betterware round? I'd rather have a Betterware round than be a drain on the taxpayer. Goldmines are only one small part of my investment portfolio. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Trust me. I know what I'm talking about.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on January 03, 2013, 09:52:13 pm by mjdgreg »
You really are a total idiot

I beg to differ. Do you really think that people should just live wherever they want to and expect the taxpayer to make this possible for them? I think we all know who the real idiot is.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on January 03, 2013, 09:52:28 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Yep send your other half out on a Betterware round and invest the profit in Goldmines   

Get in the real world mjdgreg, circumstances are individual whats works for me won't always work for you or anybody else

What's wrong with having a Betterware round? I'd rather have a Betterware round than be a drain on the taxpayer. Goldmines are only one small part of my investment portfolio. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Trust me. I know what I'm talking about.

Nowt wrong with it for a bit of pin money unless of course you are covering the whole of the Metropolitan Borough of Doncaster

TinyPortal © 2005-2012