Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:57:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 902241 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #4950 on May 29, 2020, 10:45:15 am by SydneyRover »
Not talking about censoring bfyp, but appending a fact check notice which the reader can than follow to see the truth leaves the original in place.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4951 on May 29, 2020, 10:45:54 am by Bentley Bullet »
And when asked whether he'd abide by those rules he declined to say. What a great example to the public.

Corbyn is clinically if not extremely vulnerable, and should lead by example in any case, if only to protect those around him and those who will be following his example

Why is he clinically vulnerable.?

Do you know what if any health issues he may have.?

No.?  In other words you’re talking b*llocks again.. 

I’m happy to be proved wrong, and will admit so if you produce evidence..

Go on..

Just seen this, so feel I should put this one to sleep.

Corbyn is clinically vulnerable because he is over 70.

No, I don't know if Corbyn has any health issues, but then again, I never said he did!

So, IDM, there's proof that I wasn't talking b*llocks. Go on, admit it......

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4952 on May 29, 2020, 10:50:10 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Twitter needs to start appending fact checks to government messages here? and fb, the press, tv ....

Sorry i disagree completely with that, surely goes fundamentally against the right to free speach?  There's plenty of opposition, media etc who can do that, but the points themselves should not be censored unless they are directly pushing hate and violence and against the law.  How long before we get in to disputes over what is a fact etc?

The use of bots, fake accounts etc is a different matter though and they should focus on that prevention.

What's interesting on this view is the case of Hong Kong, where they are actively fighting for free speach rights etc, yet in the western world many are trying to tighten free speech?

Nobody's censoring anything. If they were denying free speech what is said would be altered or deleted. It isn't.

If Trump really thinks he's badly done by, he can always quit Twitter.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4953 on May 29, 2020, 10:53:29 am by DonnyOsmond »
Twitter needs to start appending fact checks to government messages here? and fb, the press, tv ....

Sorry i disagree completely with that, surely goes fundamentally against the right to free speach?  There's plenty of opposition, media etc who can do that, but the points themselves should not be censored unless they are directly pushing hate and violence and against the law.  How long before we get in to disputes over what is a fact etc?

The use of bots, fake accounts etc is a different matter though and they should focus on that prevention.

What's interesting on this view is the case of Hong Kong, where they are actively fighting for free speach rights etc, yet in the western world many are trying to tighten free speech?

I think it depends on the circumstances and the platform it's given. Such as with the 5G stuff, people believed that 5G was causing coronavirus so were damaging the 5G equipment if that was fact checked then that hopefully wouldn't happen. The stuff with lying during electioning I don't disagree with fact checking either as should someone be elected based on lies? Or do you want to pick your countries future leader based on facts?

Any other time that doesn't have a big as affect from it then that's fair enough.

Bot's just need getting rid of though. I've scrolled through Twitter in the last week and if you click on anything political, especially the Cummings related stuff it's filled with bots. You've got right wing bots using the hashtag #ScumMedia and you've got left wing bots defending Maitlis (who I think did nothing wrong either). There's just too much social engineering going on.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4954 on May 29, 2020, 10:56:55 am by DonnyOsmond »
Not talking about censoring bfyp, but appending a fact check notice which the reader can than follow to see the truth leaves the original in place.

Yeah I agree with this. There's a difference between deleting posts and censoring lies and having a fact check notice below. No campaign should be allowed to be built on lies.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 11:26:57 am by DonnyOsmond »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4955 on May 29, 2020, 11:04:43 am by IDM »
And when asked whether he'd abide by those rules he declined to say. What a great example to the public.

Corbyn is clinically if not extremely vulnerable, and should lead by example in any case, if only to protect those around him and those who will be following his example

Why is he clinically vulnerable.?

Do you know what if any health issues he may have.?

No.?  In other words you’re talking b*llocks again.. 

I’m happy to be proved wrong, and will admit so if you produce evidence..

Go on..

Just seen this, so feel I should put this one to sleep.

Corbyn is clinically vulnerable because he is over 70.

No, I don't know if Corbyn has any health issues, but then again, I never said he did!

So, IDM, there's proof that I wasn't talking b*llocks. Go on, admit it......

Nope..

Show me where it says all over 70s must self isolate.?

If that is the case then that applies to everyone - and shops wouldn’t have special opening time for them.

Unless they have been told to enter shielding, or have symptoms, over 70s are no more restricted than anyone else other than to take “particular” care.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4956 on May 29, 2020, 11:52:31 am by Bentley Bullet »
Of course, food shops had special opening times for them. The request for them to isolate wasn't with the intention for them to starve!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4957 on May 29, 2020, 11:57:42 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Yeah I agree with this. There's a difference between deleting posts and censoring lies and having a fact check notice below. No campaign should be allowed to be built on lies.

He'll be judged on that though surely?  The easy counter to him is enact it but legislate to make it work, it's not difficult for him to do and he arguably should?

I would though say it's opinion (a pretty wrong one) but his opinion and prediction none the less?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4958 on May 29, 2020, 12:13:54 pm by IDM »
Of course, food shops had special opening times for them. The request for them to isolate wasn't with the intention for them to starve!

Self isolation means staying at home.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4959 on May 29, 2020, 12:17:10 pm by SydneyRover »
bfyp trump doesn't respect anything or anyone not even his own followers. That's what the tag at the bottom is twitter have added the fact check, so trump goes off his nut as usual and wants to legislate to f**k twitter over, he just wants to say what he wants when he wants without dissent.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4960 on May 29, 2020, 01:45:37 pm by selby »
  I can't help thinking the lefties baying mob have just had one of their worst weeks since the election.
  They failed to get rid of their big target (a third big victory for Cummings to go with Brexit and the Election) and his enemies put their head above the parapet and are now very vulnerable, the lefty luvvies in the BBC have had a kick up the backside and the licence fee will now become a bone of contention and will be used by the government to sort them out, I expect the gravy train to be cut drastically.
  Bojo cutting short little miss perfect last night and the missing I can say anything I want  could herald a new dawn for a lot of celebrity interviewers, interesting to see what develops with regard to the governments attitude to broadcasts in the next few weeks. I bet it was a shock to the North London mob.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4961 on May 29, 2020, 01:49:37 pm by IDM »
People won’t forget the “f**k you” attitude shown by Johnson, Cummings etc..  simples.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4962 on May 29, 2020, 02:02:41 pm by DonnyOsmond »
  I can't help thinking the lefties baying mob have just had one of their worst weeks since the election.
  They failed to get rid of their big target (a third big victory for Cummings to go with Brexit and the Election) and his enemies put their head above the parapet and are now very vulnerable, the lefty luvvies in the BBC have had a kick up the backside and the licence fee will now become a bone of contention and will be used by the government to sort them out, I expect the gravy train to be cut drastically.
  Bojo cutting short little miss perfect last night and the missing I can say anything I want  could herald a new dawn for a lot of celebrity interviewers, interesting to see what develops with regard to the governments attitude to broadcasts in the next few weeks. I bet it was a shock to the North London mob.

It isn't just the lefties though, is it? The Daily Mail, Piers Morgan, Nigel Farage, Julia Hartley-Brewer and Steven Baker aren't lefties.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4963 on May 29, 2020, 02:02:51 pm by Filo »

You need to upsticks to North Korea, or Russia, those places will suit your attitude

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4964 on May 29, 2020, 02:04:04 pm by DonnyOsmond »

You need to upsticks to North Korea, or Russia, those places will suit your attitude

Or USA.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4965 on May 29, 2020, 02:10:21 pm by Copps is Magic »
The strongest critique is coming from the Tory Party currently. 99 MPs to be precise.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/28/boris-johnson-brushes-off-tory-revolt-over-dominic-cummings

I would have thought those on the political left would now want cummings-Bojo co-marriage to go on as long as possible, due to their unpopularity.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4966 on May 29, 2020, 02:16:37 pm by selby »
  The baying mob, let's see in a couple of months when them with the noise are no longer about.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4967 on May 29, 2020, 02:19:54 pm by DonnyOsmond »
The strongest critique is coming from the Tory Party currently. 99 MPs to be precise.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/28/boris-johnson-brushes-off-tory-revolt-over-dominic-cummings

I would have thought those on the political left would now want cummings-Bojo co-marriage to go on as long as possible, due to their unpopularity.

Yep. I'm all for Cummings staying.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4968 on May 29, 2020, 02:21:37 pm by bpoolrover »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8363289/amp/Jeremy-Corbyn-pictured-flouting-social-distancing-rules.html here if real and not fake corbyn is clearly breaking social distancing rules something the police said Cummings did not do, should corbyn now be hounded as he is putting people at risk?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4969 on May 29, 2020, 02:22:33 pm by IDM »
Selby, what precisely do you mean by no longer about.?

Did you read the letter the other day a grieving family sent to their MP.?  All those others who lost loved ones without seeing them because they stuck to what they thought were the rules.?

Are they the baying mob.?  Do you think they will forget.?

Either you are posting to stimulate debate, or you are a very nasty individual.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4970 on May 29, 2020, 02:26:02 pm by Filo »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8363289/amp/Jeremy-Corbyn-pictured-flouting-social-distancing-rules.html here if real and not fake corbyn is clearly breaking social distancing rules something the police said Cummings did not do, should corbyn now be hounded as he is putting people at risk?

Does he have symptoms, did he play a part in making those rules?

Yes he’s breaking them, but there is a massive difference between the two situations

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4971 on May 29, 2020, 02:27:43 pm by Ldr »

Yes he’s breaking them, but there is a massive difference between the two situations

I get you Filo, therefore as I played no part in determining the law in this country then I dont have to abide by it, thanks for the clarification

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4972 on May 29, 2020, 02:27:59 pm by bpoolrover »
The rules are you have to stay 2 metres apart it makes no difference if he has any symptoms as you might not show them but still have the virus! What punishment do you think he should get?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4973 on May 29, 2020, 02:28:04 pm by IDM »

Corbyn should be censured for not sticking to social distancing requirements.

It is worth pointing out that social distancing isn’t a legal requirement and cannot be enforced by the police.

However Corbyn was still wrong to do that.

The bigger “however” is that it isn’t Corbyn who is a big player in the government making the rules, if he was, then yes he would be in bigger trouble.  Make sense.?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4974 on May 29, 2020, 02:31:26 pm by Filo »

I get you Filo, therefore as I played no part in determining the law in this country then I dont have to abide by it, thanks for the clarification

Did you miss the bit where I conceded that he was breaking the rules?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4975 on May 29, 2020, 02:32:00 pm by bpoolrover »
But the police have said no action to be taken against Cummings  so it’s the same, morally if you think Cummings should resign or be sacked so should corbyn as he has endangered people with these actions, im shocked how he can have a go at the goverment but care so little about putting peoples lives at risk, at least now we can have daily briefings on corbyn everyday🤣 edited as wrong use of cleared
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 02:52:04 pm by bpoolrover »

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4976 on May 29, 2020, 02:33:00 pm by Ldr »

Did you miss the bit where I conceded that he was breaking the rules?

Not at all, but you insinuate that him not being involved in making them is a factor in this, therefore I extrapolated as I am even further away from that decision I am immume

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4977 on May 29, 2020, 02:35:39 pm by DonnyOsmond »
But the police have cleared Cummings and taken no further action so it’s the same, morally if you think Cummings should resign or be sacked so should corbyn as he has endangered people with these actions, im shocked how he can have a go at the goverment but care so little about putting peoples lives at risk, at least now we can have daily briefings on corbyn everyday🤣

The police said Cummings broke the lockdown rules. Not sure how they cleared him?

Also, you're missing the main point, Cummings is part of the government who make the rules, so should be setting an example. Corbyn is an opposition backbencher.

One was also at the height of lockdown, the other was as it's easing.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4978 on May 29, 2020, 02:37:05 pm by Ldr »
But the police have cleared Cummings and taken no further action so it’s the same, morally if you think Cummings should resign or be sacked so should corbyn as he has endangered people with these actions, im shocked how he can have a go at the goverment but care so little about putting peoples lives at risk, at least now we can have daily briefings on corbyn everyday🤣

The police said Cummings broke the lockdown rules. Not sure how they cleared him?

Also, you're missing the main point, Cummings is part of the government who make the rules, so should be setting an example. Corbyn is an opposition backbencher.

So you are agreeing with Filo that proximity to the making of rules is key to whether you follow them or not?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4979 on May 29, 2020, 02:42:19 pm by DonnyOsmond »

So you are agreeing with Filo that proximity to the making of rules is key to whether you follow them or not?

Neither of us are saying that, I hope you're not that stupid?

It's like rules on a forum, you'd assume a mod/administrator would uphold them and set an example. You're more likely to see members bend and break those rules. If the forum administrator was then to break a rule it'd be seen as more OK to do and more would.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012