Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:49:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Retained List  (Read 14172 times)

nortikorner

• Forum Member
Retained List
« on April 15, 2017, 12:32:33 pm by nortikorner »
Thoughts

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

swifty50

• Forum Member
Re: Retained List
« Reply #1 on April 15, 2017, 01:12:20 pm by swifty50 »
I'm not on it

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 15, 2017, 01:14:03 pm by Syme »
I reckon we'll have one

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 15, 2017, 01:18:55 pm by mushRTID »
No idea who is out of contract but I'd be happy to see go:

Evina
Etheridge
Keegan

Could be at risk depending on how ruthless Fergie is:

Middleton
Williams

Loan out:

Beestin
Garrett

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 15, 2017, 01:30:51 pm by Dutch Uncle »
I think the only senior players out of contract are Marosi, Keegan, McSheffrey and ATS. DF has already spoken about sitting down with Marosi for a new contract. I would expect Keegan to be thanked for his services, and I wouldn't know about the other two - a difficult decision but they are both playing at the moment - so probably effectively playing for new contracts.

I would guess Evina and Etheridge to be given free transfers, and I agree loans for Beestin and Garrett might be a good idea.

I guess how ruthless DF is depends on his budget and how many targets he has, and maybe how successful he is early on with those targets.

I think Pugh and McCormick come to the end of their youth contracts, but Longbottom, Fielding, Jones and Donaldson have longer contracts. I expect would some more loans there as well.

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 15, 2017, 01:50:01 pm by Susan Abbott »
I think the only senior players out of contract are Marosi, Keegan, McSheffrey and ATS. DF has already spoken about sitting down with Marosi for a new contract. I would expect Keegan to be thanked for his services, and I wouldn't know about the other two - a difficult decision but they are both playing at the moment - so probably effectively playing for new contracts.

I would guess Evina and Etheridge to be given free transfers, and I agree loans for Beestin and Garrett might be a good idea.

I guess how ruthless DF is depends on his budget and how many targets he has, and maybe how successful he is early on with those targets.

I think Pugh and McCormick come to the end of their youth contracts, but Longbottom, Fielding, Jones and Donaldson have longer contracts. I expect would some more loans there as well.
What about who's conning in . Centre half , left Back , Forward with more presence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 15, 2017, 01:53:45 pm by Dutch Uncle »
That's what I meant about his targets affecting the retained list. I was treating this thread more as guessing what happens to those we have. I am sure there will be many many threads on targets, hopefully mainly in the rumour mill  :)

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 15, 2017, 02:59:13 pm by southwestexile »
Priority has to be to see who we can get to replace Copps, if not next season then the one after. He makes us a different team when he plays. We need someone new to take over or someone already there to step up. Carey from Plymouth?

ballysbackin

« Reply #8 on April 15, 2017, 04:04:51 pm by ballysbackin »
I think we already have the replacement in Rowe, I see Copps playing less game time per game which hopefully would extend his career,

ballysbackin

« Reply #9 on April 15, 2017, 04:05:35 pm by ballysbackin »
Priority has to be to see who we can get to replace Copps, if not next season then the one after. He makes us a different team when he plays. We need someone new to take over or someone already there to step up. Carey from Plymouth?

Pompey fans yesterday did not rate him at all.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 15, 2017, 04:12:31 pm by bedale rover »

ATS signed a 3 year deal when he signed
Should have another year left

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 15, 2017, 04:18:27 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Wiki says 2 years, but not the best source of course.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Taylor-Sinclair

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 15, 2017, 04:47:11 pm by Retdon1 »

ATS signed a 3 year deal when he signed
Should have another year left

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33599627

Signed a 2 year deal

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 15, 2017, 06:28:41 pm by bedale rover »
I stand corrected

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 15, 2017, 07:10:28 pm by besty »
Did we pay a fee for Etheridge?

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 15, 2017, 07:39:58 pm by Syme »
Did we pay a fee for Etheridge?

He was out of contract, but under 24, so a tribunal should decide a fee in theory. Or the clubs agreed on something privately.

Either way a fee would be expected.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 15, 2017, 08:49:36 pm by Campsall rover »
I think we already have the replacement in Rowe, I see Copps playing less game time per game which hopefully would extend his career,
No question fo me Rowe is ideal to play in the hole behind a front 2
He showed yesterday how effective he will be in that position.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 15, 2017, 09:00:10 pm by Retdon1 »
For me release Keegan, ATS, and a few of the younger lads who arnt up to scratch. Transfer list evina, ethridge, and probably not a popular one but I think if we want to compete for the top 6 then I think we need better than Williams as a partner for marquis. Idd be happy to have him as back up with May and mandenville but do think we need another striker. Idd give Marosi a new long term deal and mcsheffry a new 1 year contract. Also new long term deals for marquis and baudry as I think they both only have 1 year left each.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 15, 2017, 09:21:51 pm by Pancho Regan »
I would keep Williams.

I'm loyal to all our players, that's why I'm glad I'm not the manager!
I'd be sorry to see Keegan go but could understand that decision.
Eviina will go, as will Etheridge and ATS.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 15, 2017, 09:31:04 pm by IDM »
I cannot believe folks are saying Williams should go.  He still scored a fair few in our last L1 season ans over 20 for Swindon the season before when they got to the play offs..

Form and confidence, once he has that he'll come good again..  We would be crazy to get rid unless we replaced him with better..

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 15, 2017, 09:37:40 pm by drfchound »

What about who's conning in . Centre half , left Back , Forward with more presence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retained list !

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 15, 2017, 09:39:48 pm by Pancho Regan »
I cannot believe folks are saying Williams should go.  He still scored a fair few in our last L1 season ans over 20 for Swindon the season before when they got to the play offs..

Form and confidence, once he has that he'll come good again..  We would be crazy to get rid unless we replaced him with better..

Totally agree IDM. I was surprised and delighted that we kept Williams when we got relegated last season.
I would definitely keep him. I could see him having a good season in L1.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 15, 2017, 09:54:02 pm by drfchound »
Yes, he should stay.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 15, 2017, 09:54:22 pm by Retdon1 »

A lot of people keep saying Williams scored 20 goals for Swindon in league 1 but this was 3 seasons ago. He's only scored 10 goals in a free scoring league 2 side this season. Idd happily keep him as back up but personally think we need better if we are aiming for top 6.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 15, 2017, 09:55:11 pm by BobG »
We need a defence much more than we need another forward......

BobG

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 15, 2017, 10:02:16 pm by drfchound »
In the first half of the season we were dodgy defensively.
At one point around the turn of the year, we had the fifth or six worst goals conceded in the division.
Since Baudry and Alcock came into the side we have turned it around so that now only five teams in the division have conceded less than us.
Nothing wrong with the defence now.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 15, 2017, 10:06:02 pm by BobG »
So left back is ok then?

Cool

BobG

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 15, 2017, 10:06:59 pm by RedJ »
I'd get in another right back as well. Blair's done a job there but he's wasted in defence.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 15, 2017, 10:10:00 pm by drfchound »
So left back is ok then?

Cool

BobG

It has been so bad that we are top of the league Bob.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 15, 2017, 10:46:58 pm by BobG »
Mmm. Yes. Based on attack. It's defences that come under pressure first in a higher league. Still, if you want us to have redundant strikers and let in lots, no problem.

Cheers :)

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012