Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:58:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: It’s only half time  (Read 2369 times)

dknward2

• VSC Member
Re: It’s only half time
« Reply #30 on May 06, 2024, 08:55:44 pm by dknward2 »
Apart from that first long throw that TLT saved we won every header we just didn’t get to the second ball, and tbh their crossing was shocking don’t think a corner beat the 1st man in the second half

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 06, 2024, 08:57:11 pm by drfchound »
After the first goal I always felt that we would win the game.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 06, 2024, 08:58:20 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Meat and drink those long throws for Big Tom & Woody.

Get the boards brought right in on Friday that cart horse won’t be slinging anything in.

Frankie Rennie

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 06, 2024, 10:26:47 pm by Frankie Rennie »
Well done guys and hopefully you’ll get the job done on Friday. You were by far the best team tonight and never looked in danger. After that I’m sure your players will be well up for it in the second leg just as ours will be when we hopefully see off your neighbours from Oakwell tomorrow.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 06, 2024, 10:56:41 pm by roversdude »
We need to move the advertising boards nearer the pitch for Friday as Crewe’s main threat was from throw ins

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 06, 2024, 10:58:08 pm by dknward2 »
1st job tomorrow morning for the ground staff

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 07, 2024, 10:41:44 am by Mike_F »
Good luck, Frankie.

With regard to injuries it looked to me very much like Grant had said at half time something along the lines of he'd give Biggo a set amount of minutes or take him off as a precaution if we get two goals ahead. Sterry was the one signalling for the sub and telling Biggo to lie down after he scored; it looked like the adrenaline was pumping Biggo up but if he was carryiing a slight knock it was far more important for the team that he went off so he could be as fit a spossible for Friday.

Adelakun seems to be carrying a minor injury too. I haven't noticed the strapping/band around his knee before (that could say more about my powers of observation than anything else) but he doesn't seem to be quite as quick off the mark as he has been to date. Hopefully he'll get through an hour or so on Friday then we can bring Hurst on to torment the full-back again.

Craig also seemed to be more of a precautionary sub. Looked like he'd hurt a toe in the meaty challenge he'd just made but wasn't hobbling too badly so hopefully just a bit of bruising. He was my MoM yesterday. Ironside, Moly, Anderson and Maxwell probably did more to cacth the eye and get people geed up but once we'd weathered the early pressure from Crewe, Craig absolutely controlled the game from midfield.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 07, 2024, 05:32:07 pm by andyst79 »
That was totally controlled. We pulled the strings throughout. Game moved at our pace. Excellent performance.

Since the Walsall loss we have won 11 and drawn 2 and one of those draws was entirely the result of a red card that was subsequently overturned, and the most obvious penalty in the history of the game not being given. This is absolutely colossal form. The stuff of giants.
520#msg1313520 date=1715020669]
That was totally controlled. We pulled the strings throughout. Game moved at our pace. Excellent performance.

Since the Walsall loss we have won 11 and drawn 2 and one of those draws was entirely the result of a red card that was subsequently overturned, and the most obvious penalty in the history of the game not being given. This is absolutely colossal form. The stuff of giants.
My ticket fell through at the last minute but luckily I managed to weasel my way into the home end. I was in the big stand sat on the 1st row & in all honesty it was a difficult watch from there at pitch level. We didn't seem to create much but seized on poor defending, however Bailey & Craig seemed to be able to control the tempo of the game. Be interesting to watch the game back on TV, Ironside was immense but Bailey & Maxwell looked top drawer from where I was sat I'd be surprised if there not been monitored from higher up

Did you celebrate the goals?
[/quote]
Not really, had to remain reserved if we'd have scored in the last 10 mins definitely

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 07, 2024, 10:01:04 pm by jmt23 »
Just seen the last 15 of the tykes game - let’s not get carried away just yet!

Unlucky Barnsley, probably deserved more, but if you are going out, that’s the way to do it, give the fans something to cling on to.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 07, 2024, 10:35:59 pm by Silkscarf »
I keep thinking of the Leeds fans on the train to Wembley on the Chiltern Line going on about Chsmpions League games against Galatasaray etc. They thought we were something smelly on their shoes. They were really getting very complacent.

Looks like Crawley are coming good in time for Wembley. If they make it we need to be better than them if we beat Crewe. We’re all just 4th division teams. History counts for bugger all.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 10, 2024, 11:57:43 pm by Filo »
Lets not get complacent
Bore off, we're going to wembley ! Hotels booked !

That bit you on your arrogant arse didn’t it!

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 11, 2024, 12:00:53 am by TonySoprano »
Lets not get complacent

What a sad little life you must lead to come on here to post that .

Now bore off you irrelevant non entity.

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 11, 2024, 12:02:24 am by Thorney »
Lets not get complacent

Loads on twitter is the same. All the boasting, goading that we were pretty much there. Trains booked, hotels booked. It always comes back to make you look stupid

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on May 11, 2024, 12:05:04 am by Filo »
Lets not get complacent

You were the clever t**t, with your aggressive post, just pointing out what a t**t you made of yourself, but it’s not the first time on the forum is it for you?

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 11, 2024, 12:14:23 am by Fal »
Look yes it’s arrogance from some of our fans but I bet many a fan have done the same over the years when their team were ahead. Forest against Yeovil? Peterborough last season? Even Bolton nearly messed it up this season.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on May 11, 2024, 12:41:25 am by PDX_Rover »
Lets not get complacent

You were the clever t**t, with your aggressive post, just pointing out what a t**t you made of yourself, but it’s not the first time on the forum is it for you?

Isn’t he barred from games or something?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012