Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:49:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fans forum on Dec 1st....key areas for debate.....  (Read 2603 times)

Gartom

• Forum Member
Fans forum on Dec 1st....key areas for debate.....
« on November 25, 2010, 03:18:11 pm by Gartom »
As you may know by now, we have a fans forum at Carcroft on Wed Dec 1st.....see Spotlight section about dates, venues....

So as not to go 'all over the shop' at the forum, I've gathered together all the key areas where fans have given me/ VSC feedback...We have a 'magnificent 7' list as I see it, but would welcome your thoughts. We cant go on all night, so I've tried to prioritise given the number of issues raised over past few months....Take a look:

Ticket prices / Ticket finance
A variety of ST ideas - eg Sat only season tickets, family tickets ( 1 adult /1 child ) etc....
Magic 8 - next ideas...?
Buses to the Keepmoat - with priority departures to avoid traffic....
Police to help with general 'grid lock' after matches ?
Better comms of fixtures ....next steps..../ Better visibility of DRFC brand across Doncaster....eg key shopping areas in town  still dont seem to have many adverts for DRFC ?
Update on school visits / PR with youth sector - is it working.....can we help?
Web/ Facebook etc - club & fan feedback....are we doing enough?
Improving match day experience - poor food / poor beer  /slow service type of complaints....and those awful speakers /sound system!......
The CRM system – an update required as fans still not getting any e-comms....after all this time & effort !

Any other pressing thoughts ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
Re:Fans forum on Dec 1st....key areas for debate.....
« Reply #1 on November 25, 2010, 03:23:06 pm by idler »
As a side issue did we get any info on the club shop takings on Saturday? Or would you rather we make this another thread?
Dave

Gartom

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 25, 2010, 03:59:18 pm by Gartom »
Well I have to point out that the club shop is now run by Nike  - so we - DRFC - dont get that much from overall sales...but I have already asked the question, and we should see the 'big picture' as soon as poss after these 2 match promos.....

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 25, 2010, 04:00:19 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
Also Gartom, could you tell me if 'half season tickets' are available this year? thanks.

Gartom

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 25, 2010, 04:05:24 pm by Gartom »
Hi,
Loads of info on the DRFC ticket site.....this spells out the half season deal....I hope !
http://www.keepmoatstadium.com/index.php/ticket_information/rovers_home_games/

Also has contact tel number so you can ask about Magic 8 tickets etc.....I'm sure they can help you !
Cheers, GT

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 25, 2010, 07:02:18 pm by benaldo »
Gartom wrote:
Well I have to point out that the club shop is now run by Nike  - so we - DRFC - dont get that much from overall sales...but I have already asked the question, and we should see the 'big picture' as soon as poss after these 2 match promos.....

:blink:  So it's pointless buying anything from the club shop, as JR goes on about in the programme? I always thought I was contributing to he club by buying things from there!? I won't be going in any more. What a terrible idea, unless you know we are rewarded handsomely by Nike in some other way? Having said that, I've had dealing with Nike using one of our products for advertising for them, all I'll say is that they aren't a multi billion pound company by throwing money at small business's!

This smells of Morris.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 25, 2010, 07:05:44 pm by lee.j09 »
do you realy think we would of teamed up with nike if there was nothing in it for us. dont think john ryan and the board would do that some how.   :blush:

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 25, 2010, 07:07:45 pm by benaldo »
I don't know, that's why I asked the question.

We've never knowingly messed anything up before in \"unusual circumstances\" have we?  :blush:

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 25, 2010, 07:19:19 pm by graingrover »
Gartom
           As a VSC member ;  but unable to attend regular matches cos I live abroad I have perhaps a more detached but not disinterested view! I think what VSC and this form has shown over the past few weeks is that these fans represent the CORE MARKET for all DRFC Marketing endeavours . We got the huge crowd v Swansea beause the club listened to this forum ... then JR and Board reacted on prices ... then this board suggested how best to market the match.
 I would suggest you ask at the meeting to concentrate thought on the SEASON TICKET HOLDERS. Season ticket holders first . Try to devise pricing for Season ticket holders to invite guests throughout the season at the best rate ... say 10 games per season at 10 quid per guest. It would boost gates . THESE folk are the club's core market and can best find guest supporters or even new supporters . Put the main thrust of pricing in THEIR hands . Don't spend money on cold canvassing NOR on trying to convert Doony Whites nor Donny Bades  nor Donny Weeds . Let your faithful Season ticket holders choose their guests to be introduced to Rovers.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 25, 2010, 11:50:42 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I agree with that whole heartedly. I've done my bit in putting posters up in pubs, clubs, shops and takeaways however, I don't think there's any doubt that spreading the word by mouth works better.

As I said to Morris, we're more than happy to promote but you have to help us by giving us the tools and something to promote with.

So, empower the army of ST holders. Put the trust in us that we will bring people in if the club invests in us by being able to entice people with discounts.

However, having said all that, if we get the pricing policy right from the kick off, then STs could sell themselves (with a little help)

The Donnybob challenge could apply to ST sales.

Food for thought. Get the prices more attractive. Every Blackpool ST holder had the incentive of signing up a friend and for each one they signed up they qualified for a 10% refund on their ST (up to a maximum of 10)

Give us something reasonable to sell and we will  multiply.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 26, 2010, 06:59:53 am by Muttley »
graingrover wrote:
Try to devise pricing for Season ticket holders to invite guests throughout the season at the best rate ... say 10 games per season at 10 quid per guest.

The danger in that plan is that many season ticket holders would just use the £10 tickets for their mates who already go to the game, so in fact it would just reduce the overall revenue.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 26, 2010, 10:38:33 am by Metalmicky »
Gartom

There was the singing section question that I referred to previously following your last meetings. Thread below will remind you.

To be honest, it is not of such importance to me; however, I do get tired of seeing the usual whining on here about there being no atmosphere at the Keepmoat etc.  IMO it is something that could be easily addressed with a little foresight.  2/300 'congregated' singers + drummer boy, would create a reasonable noise for our so-called soulless bowl.

Singing Section question

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 26, 2010, 05:57:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The danger in that plan is that many season ticket holders would just use the £10 tickets for their mates who already go to the game, so in fact it would just reduce the overall revenue.

I didn't mention £10 and I didn't mention every game. Why do people always look at the negative !

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 29, 2010, 06:17:49 pm by Metalmicky »
Worth giving this a bump

Gartom

Did you pip up the points added for your list?

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 29, 2010, 07:04:36 pm by Muttley »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:

I didn't mention £10 and I didn't mention every game. Why do people always look at the negative !

If you look back you'll see I quoted graingrover who did mention £10.

Who mentioned every game? Not me.

I know for a fact that if there was an offer going for cheap tickets my free-loading mates  ;) would be sniffing round straight away, and I imagine most other STH's would be the same.

Not being negative, just pointing out the potential pitfalls  :kiss:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012