Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:35:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Todays ref  (Read 2626 times)

Hertfordshire Red

• VSC Member
Todays ref
« on January 21, 2012, 05:29:16 pm by Hertfordshire Red »
Another shocking ref cost us again
Spineless with the Copps incident
Never a sending off

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
Re: Todays ref
« Reply #1 on January 21, 2012, 06:15:23 pm by DonnyRTID »
Yeah and he blew early.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 21, 2012, 06:16:17 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
the referee's a winker ;)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 21, 2012, 07:47:21 pm by The Red Baron »
I've seen the Beye incident on TV and I have to say it was a red card. Even though I'm not sure he made contact with their player he jumped in with both feet off the ground and with excessive force. What makes it all the worse was that it was in a position where he should never be diving in in the first place- he should be looking to jockey the man in the corner.

I haven't seen the Coppinger one although it sounded a poor challenge from what I heard.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 21, 2012, 08:15:30 pm by grayx »
I haven't seen todays main talking points, but we seem to be blaming the ref every match. Either we're getting a rough deal or we're looking for excuses.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 21, 2012, 09:08:33 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Straight red. Formality for the referee. If one of their players did it to one of ours and didn't get sent off i'd have gone mental.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 21, 2012, 09:10:41 pm by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"Padge_DRFC\" post=214249
Straight red. Formality for the referee. If one of their players did it to one of ours and didn't get sent off i'd have gone mental.

Were you there, and did you see the Coppinger incident? Interested to see what you thought as a referee. I wasn't there and haven't seen it but Saunders was raving about it.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 21, 2012, 09:22:24 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I was at the game however I did not see the Coppinger incident unfortunately there are a lot of supporting pillars in the away end.

One thing I did notice about Beye's red card. The tackle went in right in front of the linesman, but the linesman didn't flag until the referee had blew. In my opinion the linesman was not going to give it. It was a definite red.

barber2384

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 21, 2012, 09:46:53 pm by barber2384 »
i was also at the game and as soon as beye went in we all knew he was in trouble, and for coppingers incident it was a clash with both heads, should have been a card, credit to copps though, after being down for a couple of minutes he got up and started playing though soon after he was subbed and went straight down the tunnel

DRFC.drummer

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 21, 2012, 11:38:38 pm by DRFC.drummer »
shocking decision, all you have to do is look at the official 1 yard away who hasnt given a foul and there fans havnt gone up to appeal for a foul? and copps wasnt a clash of heads, the bloke went in with his fore arm late.. the ref was terrible!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 22, 2012, 01:44:27 am by Bristol Red Rover »
The Copps incident was clear cut - at least a yellow, though a red would have been reasonable. As DS says, it was very late, and had no chance of getting the ball, and IMO he went in deliberately to rough up Copps without intent to injure, or at the very least it was gross clumsy incompetance.

If he went in with his arm or even his head, it should be a straight red, no doubt. I await to see the replay.

Maybe a card wasn't given because the ref didn't see it properly - where was he looking then? More likely is that it was early in the game and the ref chickened giving a card so early to the home team.

The Beye incident we will see soon enough. It did look rash.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 22, 2012, 07:12:40 am by 1879Rovers »
Habib Beye has only himslef to blame for his sending off. Firstly with the TV coverage and constant going on about both feet off the ground, the managers should be drumming it into their players to not do it.

Once he's gone in it is a formality for the referee. The linesman didn't look like he was giving it but the referee is following the current climate for this type of challenge.

We should be looking more closely at Beye. An experienced international defender but his discipline is shocking. There was absolutely no reason for that challenge in the position the ball was in.

That is him finished with us now as his loan will have finished by the time he is available again.

Coppinger was on the wrong end of one and the referee has turned a blind eye to this one - Totally wrong. As fans all we want is consistency from referees.

Their two goals were unacceptable, two hopeful balls into the middle and no challenge and easy headed finishes.

Fair play to us, we tried in the second half and could quite easily have pinched a point which would have been massive.

Everyone goes on about McKay's players coming in but at the moment it is nearly a side made up by Sean O'Driscoll who is playing.

The last three or four to have come in are a waste of time. Diatta, Bamogo, Bagayoko and Plessis have not played. In the position we are in we need players ready to go straight into the side. We haven't got the luxury of waiting for them to get fit. We have 19 games remaining and are falling further behind those above us.

The next four or five games look really tough. I am usually the eternal optimist but I am really fearing the worst now.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 22, 2012, 10:17:12 am by Padge_DRFC »
The best loan player we have is Button. I thought he was excellent yesterday. Some fantastic saves, came out for everything and claimed it. Looks very confident and I know that when one on one he will shut his legs unlike Ikeme.

Wokingviking

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 22, 2012, 11:09:21 am by Wokingviking »
We couldn't see the Beye challenge very well from the away end.  Their fans reaction affected the ref I think.

Diouff got clattered a few times and got nothing off the ref.

Uhtred

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 22, 2012, 11:30:18 am by Uhtred »
:evil: The state of refing in the premiership and championship is plumbing new lows. The refs are now just a bunch of Pavlov`s Dogs responding to the latest dictat issued to them from headquarters.
Foot off the floor is the latest dictat. hence the ref didn`t actually respond to the lino (gave throw in), attacking player (unharmed and appealing for a corner kick), he responded to what he thought he saw. He thought he saw a player with 2 legs airborne and studs showing.
This was definitely not the case but he has been conditioned and wants a pat on the back from the Head Ref. Therefore, show red card because that is what I have been told to do.
Coppinger, broken cheek bone- no sorry not been told to do that this week.

To those people who keep saying Definite Red, just watch it again and then decide if you are another of Pavlov`s Dogs

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 22, 2012, 03:47:20 pm by Filo »
I`ve watched it a few times definitely not a red, not two footed, his trailing leg is tucked under his arse, he got a successful block on an attempted cross, that`s the reason Skuse appealed for a corner, the lino less than a yard away thought the ball had gone the other side of the corner flag and gave a throw in, the ref 60 yards away based his whole judgement on the fact that Beye left the ground. Not even a yellow card for me!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 22, 2012, 04:53:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
See the Beye tackle. One foot attempt to block. Didn't know this was an offence.

Sure if you go two footed, it's a cowards tackle and rightly should be outlawed.

From what I gathered from yesterday.

An attempted block causes no damage - Red card
A late challenge causes damage - no action.

The sooner we get ex-players reffing games the better. More likely to be able determine genuine attempts to win the ball from reckless challenges.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 22, 2012, 05:14:49 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Just seen highlights on DRFCTV. Beye was one foot definitely, and impossible to see whether his studs were showing. However, it was reckless, he launched into it well off the ground, and thats what got him sent off. I think thats reasonable. looks like it could have been a leg breaking tackle if it was just a touch later. We could split hairs and say studs not showing or foot wasn't off the ground when he made contact, and actually it was a perfect challenge, but it's asking for a red given the current climate. I think Cisse (?) was appealing for the foul, not a corner.

Unfortunately nothing of the Copps assault on the brief highlights :angry:

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 22, 2012, 08:59:48 pm by vaya »
If anyone's interested, the official concerned is currently reffing the game on ITV4.

Uhtred

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 22, 2012, 10:20:53 pm by Uhtred »
:byebye Just seen the first Africa cup game. amazing, no controversy, refereeing decisions consistent

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 23, 2012, 09:10:32 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Quote from: \"Uhtred\" post=214551
:byebye Just seen the first Africa cup game. amazing, no controversy, refereeing decisions consistent
[/i]

i saw that too weird how none of the players who normaly roll around in pain dident even ask for freekicks. awful challanges though

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 23, 2012, 12:37:57 pm by bigal »
Saunders says beye just tried to block the cross
does that mean we are going to appeal the sending
off.If we don't appeal it shows the ref to be
right in what he did and Saunders should stop moaning
about it

TinyPortal © 2005-2012