Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:09:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Butler and Wright  (Read 2610 times)

Lindy

• Forum Member
Butler and Wright
« on October 19, 2017, 11:19:51 am by Lindy »
Working really well together. Best players on the pitch and much needed with the lack of experience in front of them in midfield. I realise that Joe Wright himself is only in his early twenties - very impressive!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Butler and Wright
« Reply #1 on October 19, 2017, 12:03:08 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Agreed. Not seen either of them have anything less than a 7/10 performance so far. Joe Wright is going places.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 19, 2017, 01:27:34 pm by Branton Rover »
Prior to this season Butlers ability was questioned by some at this level. He has emphatically answered the doubters with some top drawer performances

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 19, 2017, 01:36:59 pm by NickDRFC »
Prior to this season Butlers ability was questioned by some at this level. He has emphatically answered the doubters with some top drawer performances

To be fair 2 years ago he was woeful at this level. In hindsight though it seems that much of that may have been down to being in a poor team bereft of confidence, and taking some time to adapt to DF's methods. He's playing extremely well this season, long may it continue.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 19, 2017, 02:07:56 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
They are playing well together however, we have seen some lapses where players have been left unmarked, particularly on crosses.

They generally do the muck and guts very well. We all know defending is a collective thing and they need help, especially from the keeper who should be talking to them all the time. Not sure whether that's as good as it should be but there's every reason to think it'll improve.

I think Baudry will bring an extra dimension to our defensive capabilities, whether that's with both Butler and Wright remains to be seen.

Before anyone thinks about dropping Butler, you need to think about his ability in the air which is superior to Wright's as he tends the win the ball cleanly with more certainty of the direction of his headers. That counts for a lot when picking up second ball.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 19, 2017, 04:02:09 pm by drfchound »
Agreed Baz, Butler is by far our best defender and is often dominant over the forward he is responsible for.
On the evidence of the Portsmouth game i think there is good reason to believe that Baudry, Butler and Wright can all be accommodated in the team if they are fit and available.

ss1953

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 19, 2017, 04:37:29 pm by ss1953 »
There seemed to be a degree of calmness in the defence against Portsmouth.
I thought it was due to the inclusion of Baudry for the first time for ages.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 19, 2017, 05:35:50 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's all about partnerships not necessarily the individuals.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 19, 2017, 06:17:35 pm by Retdon1 »
Let's hope talks our going on behind the scenes in reguards to a new contract for Wright, as I think he's out of contract in the summer. The same goes for baudry

Heffs right foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 19, 2017, 08:21:23 pm by Heffs right foot »
Boys....very, very, recently just got back home from the wilderness, like last week and went Tuesday  night,  really impressed by Butlers  commitment, Wrights assured  display and Frenchys coolness  on the ball, now then question,  and you  have seen more  first  hand than me, could  they  go three at the  back  and not get found  out. Cheers Pancras Reagan.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 19, 2017, 08:47:59 pm by drfchound »
Let's hope talks our going on behind the scenes in reguards to a new contract for Wright, as I think he's out of contract in the summer. The same goes for baudry

For lots of reasons we need to get Wright signed on at least a three year deal.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 19, 2017, 09:44:58 pm by Lesonthewest »
Those two have been our most consistent players all season, if we had the same consistency 'up top' we would be much higher, fine lines & all that.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 20, 2017, 11:40:59 am by dickos1 »
Boys....very, very, recently just got back home from the wilderness, like last week and went Tuesday  night,  really impressed by Butlers  commitment, Wrights assured  display and Frenchys coolness  on the ball, now then question,  and you  have seen more  first  hand than me, could  they  go three at the  back  and not get found  out. Cheers Pancras Reagan.

We were three at the back on Tuesday, looked very comfortable defensively

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 20, 2017, 11:51:26 am by drfchound »

We were three at the back on Tuesday, looked very comfortable defensively

Agreed dickos, Baudry makes a big difference to that formation option.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012