Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:07:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: One consistent trend this season..  (Read 2600 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
One consistent trend this season..
« on August 18, 2021, 03:51:10 am by PDX_Rover »
The standard of the officials. Very poor. Tonight Cukar was tugged back time and time again, on one occasion it was so blatant that he was almost running on the spot. That I feel was a penalty at least. The amount that the ref let go for them but pulled up for us was fairly significant.

I know it’s an age old complaint, but it’s not any less frustrating!

The ref against Wednesday was appalling. Completely dominated by the crowd.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 09:24:43 am by PDX_Rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
Re: One consistent trend this season..
« Reply #1 on August 18, 2021, 09:14:15 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
I have noted in the three league games that we give away a lot of small fouls for pushes/physical challenges but get nothing when we are tackled.

Is it something we need to work on ? Bad luck ? Gamemanship ?

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 18, 2021, 09:32:26 am by EasyforDennis »
Just crap referees.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 18, 2021, 11:54:05 am by danumdon »
As a club for years we have always been behind the curve with the trying to influence the ref in his decision making, i've also noticed how we give away very many niggly fouls and get called for them, other teams seem to do this at will with no recall.

Its very frustrating for us as a footballing team to get dragged down by this but yet still get no protection from the officials, last nights game was horrendous for it, an early intervention from the ref may have curbed their game plan, everyone knows how these teams play, are we behind the times?

Some may say its bias from us for our team but it seems far stronger than this, we need to be much smarter in our play.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 18, 2021, 12:16:45 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
regarding referees  in the Morecambe v Rotherham match

last night Referee:  David Webb booked the Morecambe goalkeeper for time wasting after 22 minutes with the score at 0-0 !!!!

22' Booking  Jökull Andrésson (Morecambe) is shown the yellow card.

If our stats man doesn't he ought  check out each referees interpretation of fouls etc so far

as Starmer would say about a trend developing .....

funny how these Lancashire "tin pot" teams Accrington Morecambe and of course Fleetwood  all play   time wasting niggling - break play  etc and all have the 12th man affect of the wind    disrupting things in the tin pot grounds . Apparently it badly affected the Rotherham match

maybe a gust of wind caused Pontus's misjudgement

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 18, 2021, 02:38:02 pm by the vicar »
Well last night there keeper should have been sent off then as he was taking an age to get rid of the ball just walking around the area with it in his hands.  When they got a goal kick there central defender stop over the ball and the keeper with went for a drink or tied his laces

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 18, 2021, 03:47:14 pm by roversdude »
Did you notice their players distract the ref so it took even longer for goal kicks etc.
Has the law on how long a keeper can have the ball been dropped btw serious question and not a moan

sf9944

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 18, 2021, 03:57:22 pm by sf9944 »
Interesting comment above about the wind last night. It was indeed very strong in the first half and it was right behind Accrington and right into the rovers fans faces. The wind really caught the shot that ended up going in. It was really travelling. Keeper still should have saved it though. What he should have done is knock it over the bar rather than try to catch it. Oh and Sod’s law the wind dropped considerably in the second half when it was behind us.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 18, 2021, 04:27:36 pm by EasyforDennis »
Did you notice their players distract the ref so it took even longer for goal kicks etc.
Has the law on how long a keeper can have the ball been dropped btw serious question and not a moan

The  keeper falling on the floor trick was ridiculous last night. He really was taking the piss and the referee let him get away with all of it.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 18, 2021, 04:44:57 pm by the vicar »
He let them get away with murder

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 18, 2021, 04:59:46 pm by PDX_Rover »
The thing that really pisses me off is that EVERYONE can see what's going on, bar the officials. If you've played the game you know what goes on.

Perhaps it's time to have an ex-pro in the stand observing and communicating with the 4th official?

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 18, 2021, 05:44:53 pm by Bessie Red »

The  keeper falling on the floor trick was ridiculous last night. He really was taking the piss and the referee let him get away with all of it.

Reminded me of Sulli in the last few mins of the play off final against the Scum!!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 18, 2021, 05:54:21 pm by Campsall rover »
The sooner we have a ‘stop the clock’ rule in Football the better.

How can it be acceptable that a 90 min match the ball is in play less than 60 mins.

It is farcical. Why are the powers that be living in some bygone era.
They do it in Rugby why not in Football?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 18, 2021, 05:58:54 pm by Campsall rover »
The thing that really pisses me off is that EVERYONE can see what's going on, bar the officials. If you've played the game you know what goes on.

Perhaps it's time to have an ex-pro in the stand observing and communicating with the 4th official?
Trouble is PDX is they are likely to be just as useless.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 18, 2021, 06:10:43 pm by eastender »
The standard of the officials. Very poor. Tonight Cukar was tugged back time and time again, on one occasion it was so blatant that he was almost running on the spot. That I feel was a penalty at least. The amount that the ref let go for them but pulled up for us was fairly significant.

In the second half ,Cukur after being fouled in the box and getting nothing, Bostock was gesticulating to him to go down.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 18, 2021, 07:30:03 pm by drfchound »

In the second half ,Cukur after being fouled in the box and getting nothing, Bostock was gesticulating to him to go down.

Cuker did go down in the box in the first half when he was craftily pulled back.
He got nothing then either.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 18, 2021, 10:47:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Last night there was a stoppage from 87:30 to 90:00.

The ref played 5 mins injury time in total.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 18, 2021, 10:50:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And yes, that pull on Cukur was a stonewall penalty.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 19, 2021, 12:48:50 am by PDX_Rover »
And yes, that pull on Cukur was a stonewall penalty.

It was. Absolutely.

You do wonder what the officials see (or don’t). Are they incompetent, bent, or what? I mean, that pull was so obvious that I expected him to blow.

It’s galling. I wonder what would happen if a manager took a stand and withdrew the team from the field of play.

Actually, I don’t wonder. The points would be forfeit and the club would receive a severe punishment.

I wonder what would happen if the LMA and PFA had a coordinated campaign to demand improvements in the officiating. Are officials full time now?

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 19, 2021, 08:22:55 am by One_Matty_Lucas »

I saw that, was wondering if anyone else did.
You think he was saying to go down ? That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 19, 2021, 09:09:03 am by drfchound »
We have even worse to come (probably) with the clown Prince of referees in charge on Saturday.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 11:58:33 am by drfchound »

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 19, 2021, 10:34:57 am by DMnumber4 »
Strange how our club bias distorts the memory. People have conveniently overlooked Gardner's cheap shot on their 'keeper who had the ball in both hands when on the floor. Easily a booking at least.

If all refs are rubbish then perhaps it's time to look closer to home for our shortcomings...?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 19, 2021, 10:35:52 am by roversdude »
Bugger it’s Carl Boyeson

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 19, 2021, 10:37:43 am by roversdude »
Strange how our club bias distorts the memory. People have conveniently overlooked Gardner's cheap shot on their 'keeper who had the ball in both hands when on the floor. Easily a booking at least.

If all refs are rubbish then perhaps it's time to look closer to home for our shortcomings...?

Not bias just comment on how rubbish refs have been, your comment adds weight to the argument

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 19, 2021, 01:47:16 pm by danumdon »

Not bias just comment on how rubbish refs have been, your comment adds weight to the argument

Correct, most on here would just be happy with some consistency from the officials, others have been booked for less than the Gardner incident even if it did look more clumsy than malicious.

It was pretty obvious how both teams had squared up to play that game, Rovers attempted to play some football, Accrington went about their usual push,bully,frustrate and fall over when touched, it worked for them but you would like to think the officials would want a fair game of football not an inferior version of rugby.

The fact that the ref booked three of their players tell me he knew it was happening but didn't have the b*llocks to put a proper stop to it so everyone can actually watch a game of football.

Happens all the time in this league, christ knows how bad it's now in the lower leagues.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 19, 2021, 02:00:07 pm by drfchound »
Gardner was clumsy with that challenge, nothing malicious at all.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 19, 2021, 03:07:02 pm by Campsall rover »

Correct, most on here would just be happy with some consistency from the officials, others have been booked for less than the Gardner incident even if it did look more clumsy than malicious.

It was pretty obvious how both teams had squared up to play that game, Rovers attempted to play some football, Accrington went about their usual push,bully,frustrate and fall over when touched, it worked for them but you would like to think the officials would want a fair game of football not an inferior version of rugby.

The fact that the ref booked three of their players tell me he knew it was happening but didn't have the b*llocks to put a proper stop to it so everyone can actually watch a game of football.

Happens all the time in this league, christ knows how bad it's now in the lower leagues.
Having watched Harrogate 3/4 times a season when they were National League North and National League,
from what I saw I would say the refereeing at League 1 level has been worse. Considerably so in some of our games..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012