Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:02:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Admit it...  (Read 2615 times)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Admit it...
« on April 12, 2023, 09:37:37 pm by Canadian Rover »
To those of you that have thought it.

You hope we lose on Saturday so it convinces the board to not have Danny Schofield in charge next season.

Go on..has the thought crossed your mind?

Me I'm a believer that I want us to win every game every time unconditionally...but wouldn't judge those that think otherwise.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: Admit it...
« Reply #1 on April 12, 2023, 09:40:11 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Never want us to lose but sometimes you can say if we are going to lose anyway at least there’s a silver lining.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 12, 2023, 09:40:58 pm by jamesrover17 »
I think we could loose every game from now til the end of the season and he will still get until October/November

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 12, 2023, 09:48:55 pm by scawsby steve »
Put it this way. I no longer feel elated when we score, or dejected when we concede.

This team and manager have got me completely apathetic. It's time they were gone.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 12, 2023, 09:51:02 pm by jamesrover17 »
Put it this way. I no longer feel elated when we score, or dejected when we concede.

This team and manager have got me completely apathetic. It's time they were gone.

I am the same, a friend of mine text me after the game on Monday to see if I had got over the loss… Totall apathetic was my response as well, which hurts more than having to be pulled of the roof after every loss!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 12, 2023, 09:56:07 pm by mushRTID »
Iv given up, I don’t feel anything at the minute. Barely flinched when Grimsby scored their winner, can’t be arsed.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 12, 2023, 10:10:29 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I think we could loose every game from now til the end of the season and he will still get until October/November

Which would put us in real danger of losing every game till October not just end of the season

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 12, 2023, 10:49:26 pm by Rovers91 »
I think we will lose every game apart from Walsall which will be 0-0 and 90mins of head tennis.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 12, 2023, 11:13:55 pm by Cramby10 »
I’ve sadly accepted this fate. I really feel it’s nailed on. Lunacy!

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 13, 2023, 03:20:30 am by mpc123 »
Agree with all.
Bored, expecting defeat, makes no difference if we do lose.

A total opposite to the last 45 years.

We are in a big slump, TB shows the backing yet again and again it's going to be wasted.

Oh well carry on.

I just come on after work hoping every day DS is gone and we make a change for the better.

GM I was hoping since Feb, but I'm sadly to the point it isn't coming.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 13, 2023, 08:27:47 am by ctay »
I get the feeling he wont be sacked if we lose 5-0 in every game until the end of the season. Believe the process....

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 13, 2023, 09:02:20 am by sedwardsdrfc »
The problem is when such a vast majority feel one way to continue and ignore it blindly will cause fans to feel disenfranchised and lose connection.

It’s already happening and it’s not a case of fabs been fair weather because they will have gone years ago.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 13, 2023, 09:06:39 am by Campsall rover »
It’s beyond a joke.

Lose every game. That’s ok we don’t mind. It’s all part of your process.
Just carry on DS it will all come good in the end.

Only club in the EFL that rewards failure.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 13, 2023, 09:17:58 am by ncRover »
It’s beyond a joke.

Lose every game. That’s ok we don’t mind. It’s all part of your process.
Just carry on DS it will all come good in the end.

Only club in the EFL that rewards failure.

Those who defended Solksjaer at Man U had a similar mindset and excuses.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 13, 2023, 09:45:15 am by i_ateallthepies »
He won't be sacked before the end of the season, the club have only very recently stated publicly and in writing that he will be given the chance to strengthen the team for next season.  They would look really stupid to then sack him for performing the same as he did for months before their statement.
There may be merit in believing they might bin him at end of season if he doesn't improve results in the remaining games but I just can't see it happening before.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 13, 2023, 10:04:12 am by southwestexile »
Hands up here to feeling numb too

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 13, 2023, 10:26:03 am by Upton Rover »

You hope we lose on Saturday so it convinces the board to not have Danny Schofield in charge next season.

Me I'm a believer that I want us to win every game every time unconditionally...but wouldn't judge those that think otherwise.
It sure has with me, a win and he’s the best thing since sliced bread

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 13, 2023, 10:59:43 am by ravenrover »
Whilst I never want Rovers to lose the last few months have left me less bothered if we do.
Sadly, if that's the right word these days, Grimsby was my last match this season. My caravan will be ready to pick up from Poole next Weds after repairs and we will then spend a couple of weeks down in the West country.
So whilst I hope for the best results wise, perhaps the worst might bring about change
See you all in July for the friendlies

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 13, 2023, 11:04:04 am by donnievic »
I hope we lose so Harrogate stay up,rather them then crawley or Colchester any day

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 13, 2023, 11:32:23 am by Lesonthewest »

First paragraph is me in a nutshell, & I don't like it one bit.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 13, 2023, 11:36:21 am by Lesonthewest »

Hands up here.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 13, 2023, 12:31:36 pm by Campsall rover »
I hope we lose so Harrogate stay up,rather them then crawley or Colchester any day
I never ever want is to lose a match but if it means Harrogate stay up and DS gets sacked then I will gladly sacrifice 3 points.

We might need anther point or two to stay up if the bottom 4 keep picking up points as they are doing.
Well Rochdale can’t catch us bit the others can mathematically.
Never thought I would be saying that with 5 games to play.  Quite unbelievable to be where we are in what is a very average to poor League. Most of it is poor.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 13, 2023, 01:11:10 pm by ravenrover »
Hartlepool v Crawley to come, one or both have to drop points on that game, if Crawley lost can only get to 50 points, would still mean both winning remaining games and improving goal difference

Ye-Aul-Tavern

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 13, 2023, 01:30:13 pm by Ye-Aul-Tavern »
The "who cares if we win or lose" feeling that so many of us have is due to the fact we've had nothing to play for for a good while now. We never really  threatened the play off contenders and thankfully picked up enough points earlier in the season to keep us clear of the drop zone.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 13, 2023, 02:55:44 pm by Michael Shaw »
I lost interest in the club when we sunk into league two and it's only got worse as the season has gone on. I don't very often visit this site these days. I have followed Rovers since the early 70s but have rarely felt this disconnected. 

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 13, 2023, 03:13:36 pm by In the box »

There are only three or four people at the club who think Schofield must be doing ok
The 5-6-or7 thousands supporters do not !! But it’s the minority who rule !!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 06:56:52 pm by In the box »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 13, 2023, 03:46:50 pm by silent majority »

There are only three or four people at the club who think Schofield must be doing ok
!! The the 5-6-or7 thousands supporters do not !! But it’s the minority who rule !!

That's a bit of an assumption isn't it?

Not only that you think it's just 3 or 4 people but also that they think he's doing a good job.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 13, 2023, 03:51:47 pm by jamesrover17 »

!! The the 5-6-or7 thousands supporters do not !! But it’s the minority who rule !!

Not only that you think it's just 3 or 4 people but also that they think he's doing a good job.

I don't believe for one minute anyone with even a little bit of footballing knowledge looks at our team and thinks 'oh he's doing a good job with these players'

That and sacking him is two different things though.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 13, 2023, 04:02:46 pm by silent majority »

I don't believe for one minute anyone with even a little bit of footballing knowledge looks at our team and thinks 'oh he's doing a good job with these players'

That and sacking him is two different things though.

That's my point entirely, I haven't spoken to anyone in the club who's enjoying the current situation.

We have 5 games left, lets see what DS can do with the young lads, it's an opportunity to give them valuable experience.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 13, 2023, 04:17:20 pm by roversontheup »
I could never want Rovers to lose but I now go to every match thinking that’s what we will do. In all my years supporting Rovers and that’s a lot of years and a lot of bad seasons, I have never felt so flat about going to a match. I feel as though I’ve been ground down by the boring and shocking football on show. Like others I no longer feel elated when (if) we score but what really hurts is that I scarcely feel any emotion when the opposition score.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012