Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:13:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Admit it...  (Read 2614 times)

Cramby10

• Forum Member
Re: Admit it...
« Reply #30 on April 13, 2023, 05:06:03 pm by Cramby10 »
I could never want Rovers to lose but I now go to every match thinking that’s what we will do. In all my years supporting Rovers and that’s a lot of years and a lot of bad seasons, I have never felt so flat about going to a match. I feel as though I’ve been ground down by the boring and shocking football on show. Like others I no longer feel elated when (if) we score but what really hurts is that I scarcely feel any emotion when the opposition score.
I was like this quite some time ago. The last game I saw, we actually won, but I felt nothing. Couldn’t raise a cheer when we scored. The game was f**king awful, we were f**king awful and I came away totally numb.
But now, I’m angry, I’m angry that it’s come to this. I’m angry that this f**king muppet is being allowed to continue to run amok with our club. I want him gone. I want him gone now!
Some may say calm down. But at least it’s proven one thing to myself that I still do care about Rovers and the apathy isn’t permanent.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 06:52:04 pm by Cramby10 »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 13, 2023, 05:19:53 pm by steve@dcfd »
Hartlepool v Crawley to come, one or both have to drop points on that game, if Crawley lost can only get to 50 points, would still mean both winning remaining games and improving goal difference
It would be a disgrace to drop that far so we avoided relegation by 1/2 points. That would show how far this club as fallen. I appreciate we have injuries but losing 63 games out of 110 played since DM left shows how bad the decision making as been. If we lose the next 5 as well it would be as bad or nearly as the Richardson era

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 13, 2023, 05:35:54 pm by ravenrover »
Statistically we could end up 3rd bottom, very unlikely though???

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 13, 2023, 06:32:30 pm by drfchound »
To those of you that have thought it.

You hope we lose on Saturday so it convinces the board to not have Danny Schofield in charge next season.

Go on..has the thought crossed your mind?

Me I'm a believer that I want us to win every game every time unconditionally...but wouldn't judge those that think otherwise.
There are only three or four people at the club who think Schofield must be doing ok
!! The the 5-6-or7 thousands supporters do not !! But it’s the minority who rule !!

That's a bit of an assumption isn't it?

Not only that you think it's just 3 or 4 people but also that they think he's doing a good job.

That is interesting SM.
Also, back to the OP, I never want us to lose as it always ruined my weekend in the past.
However in recent times I have been very indifferent when we have lost.
In fact I am going to games and expecting us to lose.
I said when we had ten games left that I doubted we would win any of them.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 13, 2023, 08:35:36 pm by normal rules »
Schofield has caused more division amongst the supporters of this club since the Richardson era IMHO. Not necessarily him as a person. But what he stands for . Inexperienced. Stubborn. Blind. Failing.
This division is destroying us.
And for that reason he has to go.
No one person is bigger than the club. 

Id be happy for Rovers to lose every single game IF it expedited his removal from DRFC.
He isnt a SOD
He will never be a SOD, or a DF for that matter.
He is everything DRFC dont need right now
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 08:38:26 pm by normal rules »

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 13, 2023, 08:46:15 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
It’s disenfranchisement. Fans don’t feel the connection anymore because the club is so wide of their hopes and standards for so long.

Take the decision, if this is the decision, to keep DS this summer. It’s so wide of the mark of what the extraordinary majority of fan’s believe (I don’t think so many have agreed before) that people struggle to identify with it. How can I support something that goes against my own beliefs so directly.

This is probably a over dramatic way of putting it but what I’m trying to say makes sense in my head!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 13, 2023, 08:55:05 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Shall we all just pen November in for the inevitable and then pen December in for Chad Gribble to become manager. Then repeat

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 13, 2023, 09:07:49 pm by normal rules »
The decision , if we can call it that, to stick with DS for the summer is in some ways admirable. but only for misty eyed reasons. I have grave concerns that this is Copps' call. Because if he walked now/ got sacked now, then it raises a very big question mark over Copps integrity. DS is his man. He brought him to the club. There must be behind the scenes assurances being made that DS will come good with his process. And the board must be buying into it.
Now, if by some utter miracle he turned this around, "roy of the rovers" style, than i will be one of the first to hold my hands up and admit they were right and i was wrong.
But i have very, very big concerns that the colours that are being nailed to the mast regarding the management of the playing staff  are about to burn to the ground. Probably around 10 games into next season. And this will compound the supporter bases frustrations even more.
"We told you so" will ring loudly around the eco power stadium, for those thick skinned enough to still turn up ( i dont even like calling it the eco power!)
DS wont come good. He will go. Sooner rather than later. Copps rep as a HOF will be in tatters. And worst still TB will have probably thrown a considerable amount of cash down the proverbial shithole.
ive always told my kids that the most valuable commodity in life is time. time for football clubs is precious. every season a club gets time to prove themselves. thrive, survive or fail in a finite amount of time.
rovers have not thrived for some time now. we are now barely surviving. and im not talking about finances.
can anyone other than coppinger and the board honestly think rovers will thrive next year with DS ?
at best, at very best, im going for survival if DS stays. it could be abject failure though and i find it incredulous that the board and copps are willing to take this gamble.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 13, 2023, 09:48:42 pm by ncRover »
If we scrape a win v Harrogate that's the pressure off him until October so I'm not going to spend the £10 on ifollow as I don't know what I want.

If we suffer Harrogate Town doing the double over us (on top of the last few months) and he still remains then there is something frankly disturbing going on.

Perhaps Copps has visions of himself recieving praise and adulation for not sacking DS in a fantasy imaginary realm where it finally pays off.

Like NR has said above, keeping DS with the financial backing is the gamble. A been there done that manager with the financial backing is not.

Feels like the No votes are ticking up because people feel sorry for DS, and so do I. But other people's careers are also impacted by him staying if our club continues to decline.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 13, 2023, 11:44:24 pm by Retdon1 »

You hope we lose on Saturday so it convinces the board to not have Danny Schofield in charge next season.

Me I'm a believer that I want us to win every game every time unconditionally...but wouldn't judge those that think otherwise.
There are only three or four people at the club who think Schofield must be doing ok
!! The the 5-6-or7 thousands supporters do not !! But it’s the minority who rule !!

Not only that you think it's just 3 or 4 people but also that they think he's doing a good job.

If that was true then we would currently be looking for a new manger

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 14, 2023, 08:22:04 am by Cramby10 »

call me slow on the uptake but is this your way of hinting that something is imminent?

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 14, 2023, 08:49:39 am by ncRover »

call me slow on the uptake but is this your way of hinting that something is imminent?

i think SM's 2nd post as a follow up to this hints towards some sort of end-of-season review

TinyPortal © 2005-2012