Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:26:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Walk The 92 Project due to arrive in Donny this afternoon - Friday!  (Read 1752 times)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Scott Mclachlan and the Walk The 92 Project is due to arrive in Doncaster on Sunday 13th January, and the VSC would like to invite as many Doncaster Rovers fans as possible to show their support for Scott on his quest to raise over £92k for Prostate Cancer UK (visit http://www.justgiving.com/Walkthe92 to donate)

He is due to leave Scunthorpe, bound for Doncaster, on Thursday 10th January, arrive in Doncaster on 13th January, the on to Barnsley and arrive there on Tuesday 15th January. Anyone who would like to walk with Scott, buy him breakfast/lunch/dinner, or even put him up for the night are welcome to contact him via email at walkthe92project@gmail.com or his twitter account @Walkthe9T2.

Full details on the Walk The 92 Project can be found at www.walkthe92.co.uk and on the facebook page.

You might be able to walk a few miles from Scunthorpe, or a couple of miles on the dreaded road to Barnsley, either way your support will be most appreciated by us and Scott!

We will keep you all updated on his arrival in Scunthorpe, and then Doncaster, in this thread, so remember to check back if you are interested in his progress and want to help out!

:scarf:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 11:35:02 am by silent majority »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Re: Walk The 92 Project due to arrive in Donny this Sunday
« Reply #1 on January 08, 2013, 02:24:51 am by Mr1Croft »
I'm planning to walk alongside him from Thorne to the KMS (or however far I get) as long as it is on the Sunday as Saturday I'm planning to be at Stevenage. Rovers shirt at the ready!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 08, 2013, 10:59:30 am by silent majority »
I've just spoken to Scott.

He'll be arriving in Scunthorpe tomorrow afternoon, then returning to visit the club officially on Thursday morning. He'll then set off from Scunthorpe to walk to Hatfield. On Friday he'll walk from Hatfield to Doncaster.

He's taking a day off on Saturday and hopes to fit a game in somewhere, and he'd love to travel to Stevenage with us and watch us break the record (make a nice chapter for the book) so if somebody can give him a lift!!!

On Sunday he hopes to do an official visit of the Keepmoat then start his walk from Doncaster to Barnsley.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 08, 2013, 11:41:07 am by bobjimwilly »
I've just spoken to Scott.

He'll be arriving in Scunthorpe tomorrow afternoon, then returning to visit the club officially on Thursday morning. He'll then set off from Scunthorpe to walk to Hatfield. On Friday he'll walk from Hatfield to Doncaster.

He's taking a day off on Saturday and hopes to fit a game in somewhere, and he'd love to travel to Stevenage with us and watch us break the record (make a nice chapter for the book) so if somebody can give him a lift!!!

On Sunday he hopes to do an official visit of the Keepmoat then start his walk from Doncaster to Barnsley.

Do you know if he's got a place to stay in Hatfield and between Doncaster/Barnsley?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 08, 2013, 06:05:20 pm by silent majority »
Yes he has, apparently somebody's paid for him to stay in a hotel.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 10, 2013, 03:48:19 pm by silent majority »
He will be at the Keepmoat tomorrow afternoon, say hello if you see him.

He'll start to walk to Barnsley on Sunday and finish the walk off on Monday. Barnsley are looking after him on Monday evening then its on to Sheffield.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 11, 2013, 11:27:21 am by Mr1Croft »
With Scott now currently in Dunsville. One Rovers fan pulled us up between Thorne and Hatfield and gave him some money and a bag full of chocolate!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Good lad!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Re: Walk The 92 Project due to arrive in Donny this afternoon - Friday!
« Reply #8 on January 11, 2013, 04:50:50 pm by Mr1Croft »
Just got back now. I quite enjoyed the 11 miles from Thorne to KMS and he was given a really warm welcome by the club! I hope he enjoyed my company. Legs killing me now and he has another 40 clubs to walk to, absolutley remarkable guy!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Just got back now. I quite enjoyed the 11 miles from Thorne to KMS and he was given a really warm welcome by the club! I hope he enjoyed my company. Legs killing me now and he has another 40 clubs to walk to, absolutley remarkable guy!

great work Lee! Hope you got some pictures?

silent majority

• VSC Member
Here's one inside the Keepmoat.

[attachment deleted by cleanup process]

silent majority

• VSC Member
Scott finally finished his walk at the weekend;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-22057337

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
"It's been a long, tough seven months actually walking but I couldn't have finished without the support from my leg organisers or the literally hundreds of people that have aided me in some way as I walked the 2,400 miles around the country."

Chuffing hell, you know its a tough one when someone has to organise your legs.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012