Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:21:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers Player  (Read 1563 times)

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
Rovers Player
« on April 06, 2013, 03:01:38 pm by Jersey Rover »
Better quality on tranmere commentary

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers Player
« Reply #1 on April 06, 2013, 03:02:52 pm by BobG »
Thanks JR. Crap ours isn't it?

BobG

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 06, 2013, 03:11:35 pm by Katesby »
Official twitter
'We're having problems with our ISDN box so commentary is live via a phone connection. We apologise for the lower quality today #drfc v #trfc'

RoverAtUni

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 06, 2013, 04:15:27 pm by RoverAtUni »
Wouldn't exactly call it better quality    :suicide:

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 06, 2013, 05:19:18 pm by graingrover »
But the quality of the commentary was first class .. it was always clear where the ball as , who was in possession and at the same time how the overall balance of the game was going .. not always the case .. a very good audio commentary .

Rovers-on-Thames

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 06, 2013, 05:19:24 pm by Rovers-on-Thames »
Unfortunately had to listen to Tranmere player today. Unfortunate because I am a paying Rovers player customer and have had to do this a number of times this season. Just not good enough.

Also unfortunate because the Tranmere commentary was very biased. Even to the point of saying they deserved a point even though the BBC stats indicate they didn't have a shot on target. That doesn't equate.

Chrisd_123

« Reply #6 on April 06, 2013, 06:25:19 pm by Chrisd_123 »
Just put this onto the Lucky Pint thread but I may as well put it on here too.

Yeah, Apologies about the commentary today. We're not quite sure what the problem was at it was connecting but then nothing was being broadcast through Rover Player so we had to use a phone. The phone wasn't the greatest and it didn't help that we dialled in to the Ticket Office to start with!

Hopefully it'll be back working for Tuesday and Saturday but we're still not quite sure what the problem was.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 08, 2013, 10:41:22 am by VivaRovers »
Just to extend Chris's apology...

With the ISDN box breaking on the morning the club had to find a quick solution in order to broadcast any commentary, to this end they had to go old school and so commentary was delivered using this.

There's some very hardworking individuals in the media set-up at Rovers, but they do seem to be fire-fighting quite often. It's struck me as an area of the club that could benefit from further investment for future seasons.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 08, 2013, 11:27:40 am by MrFrost »
Just to extend Chris's apology...

With the ISDN box breaking on the morning the club had to find a quick solution in order to broadcast any commentary, to this end they had to go old school and so commentary was delivered using this.

There's some very hardworking individuals in the media set-up at Rovers, but they do seem to be fire-fighting quite often. It's struck me as an area of the club that could benefit from further investment for future seasons.

Couldn't they just use a different ISDN box and give Tranmere the knackered one?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 08, 2013, 11:32:10 am by Filo »
Is there only one ISDN box? Why was the Tranmere commentary apparently working perfect? Could n't they have been given the dodgy box? Or are we talking about the clubs equipment breaking down rather than the ISDN terminal in the media area?

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 08, 2013, 11:52:22 am by VivaRovers »
The club has it's own ISDN box, which is taken home and away. The home club only provides the line to connect the box to.

So, Tranmere brought their own ISDN box with them and used it. We used a phone, which was the best option available to the club at the time in order to be able to offer any commentary at all.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 08, 2013, 12:23:55 pm by Barmby Rover »
We have a playing budget of £ 3 million upwards and the club can't be bothered to shell out for a decent connection for the commentary. Yes I know ,"you should get yourself to the game!" , unfortunately I can't afford every one otherwise I would be there. Relying on Dee Dah to give us decent coverage is a waste of time, so for pity's sake let's have a decent service from the club! We do pay for it, we are customers and the service is poor, not the commentators fault. I am really enjoying the latest team, excellent description of the match.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 08, 2013, 12:28:01 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
The club has it's own ISDN box, which is taken home and away. The home club only provides the line to connect the box to.

So, Tranmere brought their own ISDN box with them and used it. We used a phone, which was the best option available to the club at the time in order to be able to offer any commentary at all.

Viva

Will it be sorted for tomorrow do you know?  Or are we have to got for the Carlisle commentery?

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 08, 2013, 12:45:26 pm by VivaRovers »
Honest answer BVG is I don't know, but I would expect that commentary will be provided and available via Rovers Player tomorrow night regardless. It is just the quality of the audio that will depend on whether the ISDN box has been repaired/replaced.

The commentary was available on Saturday from the Doncaster side, but from what I understand the line wasn't as clear due to the ISDN box issues highlighted below so some chose to listen to the Tranmere coverage instead.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012