Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:47:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 7,979  (Read 5818 times)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
Re: 7,979
« Reply #30 on April 06, 2013, 11:11:17 pm by mrfrostsdad »
I think there are a lot of Rovers 'fans' who will not return after last season's 'experiment'. I also think a lot of 'fans' expected us to walk straight through the Championship to the Premier League.
Additionally, a lot of our newer fans have never experienced a Rovers setback, ie relegation. Some will eventually come back, many more won't.
I also don't think the economic situation is helping (obviously)

I didn't get in til bang on 3 today and I couldn't believe how few were there. I sit in the West Stand and from where I was it looked half empty, which it just about was.
For me, a smaller crowd than Wednesday. In fact, just under 8000 at a guess :-)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Kez122

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 06, 2013, 11:39:52 pm by Kez122 »
Looked busier than that to me and the south stand ran out of beer which could support that opinion.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 06, 2013, 11:43:08 pm by hoolahoop »
I think there are a lot of Rovers 'fans' who will not return after last season's 'experiment'. I also think a lot of 'fans' expected us to walk straight through the Championship to the Premier League.
Additionally, a lot of our newer fans have never experienced a Rovers setback, ie relegation. Some will eventually come back, many more won't.
I also don't think the economic situation is helping (obviously)

I didn't get in til bang on 3 today and I couldn't believe how few were there. I sit in the West Stand and from where I was it looked half empty, which it just about was.
For me, a smaller crowd than Wednesday. In fact, just under 8000 at a guess :-)

About 21 less do you think ?

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 07, 2013, 02:35:17 am by nice one rovers »
I'm guessing its  a false figure due to hundreds of voucher M's.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 07, 2013, 07:52:51 am by not on facebook »
south stand ran out of beer because there was two games within
the re ordering of stock.might be that when order was put in before swindon game they never looked at tranmere game too.

as for the crowd,how many times did you leave BV wake up sunday
morning and in papers they was printing a far less crowd than you said

Kez122

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 07, 2013, 11:26:28 am by Kez122 »
Well I did say 'could be'. Seems like they've not stocked for that very well then. Surely league position plus holidays suggested a fairly large crowd anyway. Still looked like more from where I was sitting.

neil grainger

« Reply #36 on April 07, 2013, 11:23:28 pm by neil grainger »
I also think a lot of 'fans' expected us to walk straight through the Championship to the Premier League.

Are you on drugs?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 08, 2013, 10:31:31 am by Norfolk N Chance »
lot of people have moved away from the area due to unemployment issues.

Alot off decent office work is in cities - Sad but true.

Most of the work around Donny is min wages so people cant afford it!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 08, 2013, 10:35:13 am by MrFrost »
lot of people have moved away from the area due to unemployment issues.

Alot off decent office work is in cities - Sad but true.

Most of the work around Donny is min wages so people cant afford it!

Not sure i'd agree with that. Higher paid jobs have always been in cities, it's not something that's just happened recently. And there isn't a mass situation of people from Doncaster suddenly relocating.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 08, 2013, 10:44:25 am by timdrfc »
People seem to want to make excuses for the relatively poor attendances , but then Rotherscum are matching our crowds & usually beating us. Yes I now there in a new stadium but they are still up massively & have loud mouth Evans to cope with.  People blame the economy ( fair point ) & holidays working away etc then Wendies get near 30,000 & they have the most boring monotonous manager ever to put up with.
IMHO the only way we will improve our attendance is with another long stay in the Champonship & getting the youth around Doncaster interested in the football club before there taken to Weeds or Wendies etc

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 08, 2013, 10:46:23 am by MrFrost »
People seem to want to make excuses for the relatively poor attendances , but then Rotherscum are matching our crowds & usually beating us. Yes I now there in a new stadium but they are still up massively & have loud mouth Evans to cope with.  People blame the economy ( fair point ) & holidays working away etc then Wendies get near 30,000 & they have the most boring monotonous manager ever to put up with.
IMHO the only way we will improve our attendance is with another long stay in the Champonship & getting the youth around Doncaster interested in the football club before there taken to Weeds or Wendies etc

Rotherham's away support is fantastic as well.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 08, 2013, 11:00:08 am by AbsolutDRFC »
When we left League 1 last time, our gates were (for the last 10 games);

12508 (Forest)
15001 (Leeds)

That season was only our 2nd in the KMS, so we were still on an upward trend for attendances.
Ignore Forest/Leeds games as we don't have the size of away following in this division (Blades excepted), but those last 2 gates of the regular season = 17,703

And we've just pulled in 16,085 (one of which was a game on TV), so yes we've lost 10%, but I'd argue that was down to new stadium syndrome.

I'd be surprised if our last 2 games against Carlisle and Notts County don't beat the 17,703 we got in 2007/2008.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everything is rosy, but I don't think it's the disaster some people want us to believe...

Didn't Gillingham pull in around 7.9k for their "promotion" party on Saturday by the way?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 08, 2013, 11:08:32 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Sad fact is also people follow other teams.

Part of my birthday celebrations I clubs together with my mate and took advantage of 5 free tickets.

9 out of the 10 people that came were from Donny and lived in Donny.

Out of these 9 people, we had one Liverpool (has ST), Man U and Leeds.

Funny why people dont think people relocate as in my school year many moved away in 00's.

Sadly I beleive the work situation is dire!

Anybody know the unemployment rate in Donny?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 08, 2013, 01:54:01 pm by IDM »
I believe we would attract 500-1000 more regularly if the football was more entertaining more often.  There are loads of reasons why folks can't/don't go.

The best way is to keep performing well, and winning games.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 08, 2013, 01:55:40 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
I believe we would attract 500-1000 more regularly if the football was more entertaining more often.  There are loads of reasons why folks can't/don't go.

The best way is to keep performing well, and winning games.

The football has been entertaining since Flynn took charge.

Very difficult pitch we have knocked the ball around really well?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on April 08, 2013, 01:59:28 pm by IDM »
I am not criticising the style of play Norfolk, but I think it is fair to say the entertainment value could be better.  Yes the pitch is a factor but there's nowt we can do about that.  I am delighted with the season, even though we haven't always been so pleasing on the eye.

How many potential spectators didn't turn up after watching us on TV against Crawley for example?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 08, 2013, 02:19:02 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
I am not criticising the style of play Norfolk, but I think it is fair to say the entertainment value could be better.  Yes the pitch is a factor but there's nowt we can do about that.  I am delighted with the season, even though we haven't always been so pleasing on the eye.

How many potential spectators didn't turn up after watching us on TV against Crawley for example?

We were bloody awful that night!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on April 08, 2013, 03:05:39 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Have to say I don't think it's all that bad, if we keep getting 7000+ most games I'm ok with that, it's what we are.  The youngsters in Donny do follow Rovers more and more, it's the older ones that hold the crowds back, you go around the country you see older fanbases, not as many kids, we're bucking that trend at least.  We're getting similar to our last league 1 season, not many clubs will have crowds similar to the same point a few years ago.....

Add on that nowadays less people are choosing football as a hobby, cheers premier league!

Look at our more traditional rivals, Rotherham, Scunny, Chesterfield, Barnsley all have seen drops on 4/5 years ago (Rotherham perhaps about the same buoyed by the new stadium, they'll drop next season).  Even Hull, good season but their crowds are dropping.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on April 08, 2013, 03:09:09 pm by IDM »
Have to say I don't think it's all that bad, if we keep getting 7000+ most games I'm ok with that, it's what we are.  The youngsters in Donny do follow Rovers more and more, it's the older ones that hold the crowds back, you go around the country you see older fanbases, not as many kids, we're bucking that trend at least.  We're getting similar to our last league 1 season, not many clubs will have crowds similar to the same point a few years ago.....

Add on that nowadays less people are choosing football as a hobby, cheers premier league!

Look at our more traditional rivals, Rotherham, Scunny, Chesterfield, Barnsley all have seen drops on 4/5 years ago (Rotherham perhaps about the same buoyed by the new stadium, they'll drop next season).  Even Hull, good season but their crowds are dropping.

+1

TinyPortal © 2005-2012