Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:11:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Praise where praise is due  (Read 1889 times)

deebee

• Forum Member
Praise where praise is due
« on April 07, 2013, 05:54:49 pm by deebee »
There have been a few threads on here mentioning Jones , Cotterill and Brown. But I honestly think our fortunes changed for the better and stayed there when Copps came back.
     He has run his little legs off and although not getting many goals the team has been miles better with him in it. He works and works bombing forward , chasing back and generally being a nuisance to defenders. For me he has been the difference and deserves a mention.   

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Praise where praise is due
« Reply #1 on April 07, 2013, 06:32:27 pm by RobTheRover »
I agree,  Derek. His work rate has been fantastic,  and you always know you have an out ball when he is on the field. A big punt up the right and 9 times out of 10 Copps will make something out of it.

He has a year left on his current contract,  I think. I hope he sees his career out with us.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 07, 2013, 06:34:42 pm by hoolahoop »
I agree,  Derek. His work rate has been fantastic,  and you always know you have an out ball when he is on the field. A big punt up the right and 9 times out of 10 Copps will make something out of it.

He has a year left on his current contract,  I think. I hope he sees his career out with us.

+1 and we CAN afford to keep him iw we get promotion.........he is a class act.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 07, 2013, 09:05:54 pm by BigH »
Copps is a factor but I think that he's part of Flynn's greater effort to boost the midfield.

I think that we might have had a tougher time of it during the second half of the season were it not for the fact that BF recruited Copps/Lundstram/Furman to address the weaknesses left by injuries to Syers and Keegan, the loss in form of Harper and the non-event that was Fowler. BF also played Husband further forward. I think that when we look back these will be seen as master strokes. We've undoubtedly been more penetrative in the final third since Christmas. Whereas we were raving about our strikers' hit rate in the run up to Christmas, in recent weeks we've been bemoaning the inability to convert chances.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 09:11:48 pm by BigH »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 07, 2013, 09:08:01 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Hey up Derek, hows the newest member of the "Knackered Back Club"
Hope you are improving

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 07, 2013, 10:35:30 pm by hoolahoop »
3 ''Knackered backs'' in the row eh Daggers.  :)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 08, 2013, 11:35:30 am by ravenrover »
Lets make it 4 while we are at it, latest Chiro visit coming up soon!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 08, 2013, 11:47:03 am by Dagenham Rover »
Lets make it 4 while we are at it, latest Chiro visit coming up soon!

Tried Chiro much to vicious  for me, over the years I've tried Osteo's  Chiro's, Acupuncture, Physios, that chap down Donny Mr Green , resorted to surgery eventually, disectomy over 3 levels and a Wallis ligament (basically a plastic disc)
I have to wear a support belt 90% of the time,  oh and numerous nerve block injections.

I'm officially a wreck  :s

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 08, 2013, 12:10:59 pm by RobTheRover »
As long as you are fit enough to take your seat at the KMS, thats all that matters.

;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012