Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:43:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cotterill and Hume  (Read 2683 times)

DGilbrideDRFC

• Forum Member
Cotterill and Hume
« on April 08, 2013, 10:24:26 am by DGilbrideDRFC »
Met them both in town, Hume very talkative and frustrated not to be starting games for us. When asked about next year, he said he will be definitely going back to Preston as no deal been sorted for him here. Very nice man to speak to and he made effort to speak to me.

However I was disgusted with Cotterills attitude, didn't bother saying hello to anyone and just walked off. It's not hard to speak to a couple of fans who have supported him all year is it. My opinion on him has definitely changed

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
Re: Cotterill and Hume
« Reply #1 on April 08, 2013, 10:46:10 am by Woodhead Passer »
I also saw them in town. Had to laugh when someone spilt their drink all over Cotterill's blazer; then stormed off to the toilets to dry off :lol: didn't really get chance to speak to them about football with it being loud.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 08, 2013, 11:09:47 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Why is Hume not starting games?

His back?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 08, 2013, 11:24:08 am by Filo »
With the amount of twitter abuse Cotterill gets from our twitter d**kheads, it's hardly surprising he's wary of engaging with the fans in public

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 08, 2013, 11:40:22 am by DonnyNoel »
We've been here on a similar thread with players in the past (Oster springs to mind). Players are going to be human - some will be sociable, some won't be, some may just be having an off day, some may be out and not wanting to be disturbed. Its a shame we can't interact with the players as much as we want but I'd try and consider all of the above when saying your opion of someone has changed based on a chance meeting.

I once met a (popular) Rovers striker from the conference days and thought he was an absolute bell-end yet my brother also ran into him on a night out in town and told me he was one of the nicest guys he'd met as they chatted briefly over all things Rovers related.

DGilbrideDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 08, 2013, 11:47:00 am by DGilbrideDRFC »
It really is a shame when you cant have your own opinion on here without someone crying.

Really is shocking...

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 08, 2013, 11:59:03 am by keyser_soze »
It really is a shame when you cant have your own opinion on here without someone crying.

Really is shocking...

Eh? Give an opinion, get an opinion back, this post is the nearest to crying anyone has made!?

DGilbrideDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 08, 2013, 12:00:53 pm by DGilbrideDRFC »
Cotterill gets paid good money and can't even engage with a few fans??? That's really hard to do isn't it?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 08, 2013, 12:03:03 pm by RobTheRover »
He's on his own time, to be fair.  He isnt public property, you know.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 08, 2013, 12:03:39 pm by MrFrost »
Cotterill gets paid good money and can't even engage with a few fans??? That's really hard to do isn't it?

He might have poor social skills. It's up to him. Leave him be.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 08, 2013, 12:05:21 pm by RedArmy »
If i went round my local town if i was a footballer of the towns team it would ruin my night fans coming up to me all the time, he might be going out to do what most of us do, get away from work and enjoy himself, leave him be.

dodge

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 08, 2013, 12:16:21 pm by dodge »
I went to Sheffield after the game an was just washing my hands in the toilets when I realised I was stood next to kyle Bennett. He was very willing to talk bearing in mind I was just a drunk fan waffling rubbish and then ended up talking to Gary Madine. Cant fault either of them, there attitude was spot on

ArmthorpeRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 08, 2013, 12:24:28 pm by ArmthorpeRover »

Really is shocking...

Eh? Give an opinion, get an opinion back, this post is the nearest to crying anyone has made!?

Anyone else see the irony in these responses?

FWIW I've spoken to him a few times and he's been fine but he seems a quiet fella and keeps himself to himself. Don't see any problems with that. Being a football player doesn't mean you owe the fans anything.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 08, 2013, 12:56:28 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Get over yourself man, as long as they give their all on the pitch leave them to it when they're off it FFS. This is why I couldn't be a footballer people crying because they didn't get a conversation with me.  They're normal people why the fascination?

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 08, 2013, 01:01:55 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
Your not a footballer because your a rubbish left back not because of your people skills ;)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 08, 2013, 01:03:19 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Your not a footballer because your a rubbish left back not because of your people skills ;)

This is true, but to me being a footballer would be very dull.....

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 08, 2013, 01:04:06 pm by adamtherover »
Cotts is always the first off after the match, barely a 2nd glance to the crowd... some players are like that..  its a job, no more..   jonesy on the other hand....

Mattwak3

« Reply #17 on April 08, 2013, 01:04:17 pm by Mattwak3 »
Think it's a bit unfair to moan about him not talking. Just because he's quiet and doesn't want to talk to everyone that comes up to him doesn't mean that people shouldn't like him. He's probably just naturally quiet.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 08, 2013, 01:04:40 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
Sorry double post, I get the same impression of cotterill on and off the pitch think he's arrogant, but I don't really care, he's not my mate, I can see why fans would want a conversation as they pay his wages but I think you have to know your audience, you can tell cotterill is a bit of a tosser. As long as he plays well in the hoops then it doesn't bother me.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 08, 2013, 01:53:34 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
We all have days when we just want peace and quiet?

Give the guy a break.....

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 08, 2013, 01:55:22 pm by IDM »
I guess Cotts would have been different had he been participating in a organised visit to the community, ie representing the club.

Otherwise I couldn't care less as long as his goals and assists count carries on rising.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012