Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:54:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: taking photos?  (Read 2234 times)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
taking photos?
« on April 08, 2013, 10:36:50 pm by adamtherover »
Hi all, my father in law is coming to the county game, his first one.. he's a keen snapper and has asked if he would be allowed to bring his gear in to take some action shots to highlight at the camera club he goes to.  Corners, free kicks etc.. jonesy doing the fist pump would be epic.  Would he a) be allowed to bring a camera bag thru the turn styles, b) be allowed to stand/crouch against the barrier and take some shots.  He would have a zoom lens, but nothing as large as the press lads...  would I have to mail the club first..  any info muchly appreciated..

Rtid 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: taking photos?
« Reply #1 on April 08, 2013, 11:07:38 pm by IDM »
I doubt it unfortunately.  I believe the action on the pitch is copyright of the football league, and only approved press photographers can take snaps - officially.  I am sure that cameras are on the list of items prohibited.  Don't take that as correct though, just what I believe from things I've noticed in recent years.

Perhaps if your father in law contacts the club as a freelance photographer he may get a permit?

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 08, 2013, 11:38:25 pm by donnyallday »
Sorry, but thats definately a non starter.

Rules are Rules and all that.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 09, 2013, 08:53:56 am by nice one rovers »
I regularly take mine in and have never been stopped. I do take pictures from my seat though, with a longer lens ,not at the pitchside.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 09, 2013, 10:27:40 am by IDM »
I have been asked to stop before, from my seat, during a game.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 09, 2013, 10:48:13 am by CusworthRovers »
I have been asked to stop before, from my seat, during a game.

I have to agree with the stewards on that one mate. I think it's only right you do it in the privacy of your own bedroom when the wife and kids are out.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 09, 2013, 10:50:51 am by roversontheup »
I can't answer your question but I have always found that if you ask for something in the right way you are very often granted permission. It's seen that you have been courteous enough to ask and so they may allow you to.
My advice would be to ask the right person in the club, explaining the circumstances.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 09, 2013, 11:03:03 am by adamtherover »
Thanks all, I've mailed the club, will see what happens..

Rtid 

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 09, 2013, 11:18:27 am by adamtherover »
Just got a reply from Steve uttley, as previously stated its against fl rules, so sadly its a big no no, never mind...  grandad can put his efforts into cheering the boys on..

Rtid

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 09, 2013, 12:03:38 pm by The L J Monk »
When we played Scarborough in our last season in the Conference, my mate, who was a fledgling journalist, gave me an orange bib with "photographer" on the back. I walked straight into Belle Vue and proceeded to wander around the edge of the pitch for two hours. I took two photos.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 09, 2013, 01:03:42 pm by Muttley »
When we played Scarborough in our last season in the Conference, my mate, who was a fledgling journalist, gave me an orange bib with "photographer" on the back. I walked straight into Belle Vue and proceeded to wander around the edge of the pitch for two hours. I took two photos.

Exactly what I was going to recommend - put on a hi-viz andwalk round like you own the place.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 09, 2013, 02:02:39 pm by Filo »
Just got a reply from Steve uttley, as previously stated its against fl rules, so sadly its a big no no, never mind...  grandad can put his efforts into cheering the boys on..

Rtid

Steve Uttley would say that as he`s an accredited photographer along with JR`s brother, any photographs they take are subject to copywrite and are a potential source of income to them, they would n`t want anyone muscling in on their patch

TinyPortal © 2005-2012