Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 10:42:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Black Bank  (Read 58851 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Black Bank
« Reply #30 on August 01, 2015, 05:23:52 pm by Filo »
Stewards making offensive gestures to sections of the South Stand as well.

Hope someone has filmed them. Thought we are trying to work together to get a better atmosphere

How can anyone work together when a certain group of our fans are subject to abusive chanting by the Black Bank?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 01, 2015, 05:25:19 pm by keyser_soze »
As soon as I saw that flag I thought it might be trouble. Wouldn't be acceptable in English so why should it be acceptable in German? Bad move that presumably could have been handled better by the stewards. A quiet word straight away, presumably there are guidelines for offensive banners.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 01, 2015, 05:26:30 pm by Copps is Magic »
Folk could also have buzzers fitted on seats to tell them when to clap and cheer.

That might go down well with our female fans but not for the stated reasons.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 01, 2015, 05:27:06 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I think it shows perhaps a bit more communication is needed. Clearing the wording of flags is something I thought would be done so I'm surprised this happened. Maybe the process isn't as joined up as it should be?

Didn't like some of the chants in there today though.  Not really needed a few of them.

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on August 01, 2015, 05:27:47 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Hope someone has filmed them. Thought we are trying to work together to get a better atmosphere

How can anyone work together when a certain group of our fans are subject to abusive chanting by the Black Bank?

I would agree with that actually.  It was pointless last year and pointless this. The whole point is to be one fanbase isn't it?

Underwood

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 01, 2015, 05:32:13 pm by Underwood »

And how can the Black Bank succeed when certain members of a supporters group are reporting them 

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 01, 2015, 05:36:42 pm by Filo »

And how can the Black Bank succeed when certain members of a supporters group are reporting them 

You know more than me, I have no idea who, if anyone reported it, I don't speak or read German and did n't have a clue what the words meant, as I suspect the vast majority who saw it would have been in the same mind

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 01, 2015, 05:39:27 pm by DonnyOsmond »
So does the success of the Black Bank rest of whether they can use swear words? Doesn't their vocabulary stretch very far?

Underwood

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 01, 2015, 05:43:42 pm by Underwood »
I wonder if any actions will be taken against the hairless steward making obscene gestures to parts of the South Stand. Hmmmm,I doubt it.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on August 01, 2015, 05:46:08 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
A very sad episode which makes me angry about the way it appears to have dealt with. I understand Gavin has already got a grip of the situation however, as already said, it could have been handled much better.

I don't know the background yet, but lads on the Black Bank seem convinced that someone who posts on this site is trying to make things difficult.

Having spent time in meetings, where we've had positive dialogue and assurances about tolerant stewarding, I'll be very disappointed if they've waded in without thinking first.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 01, 2015, 05:52:26 pm by Copps is Magic »
I mean, it's really sad if it's coming down to petty squabbles again.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 01, 2015, 05:55:14 pm by DonnyOsmond »
The whole VSC v DRSG thing is tedious. The Black Bank shouldn't be affiliated with either and should be just about improving the atmosphere.

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on August 01, 2015, 05:55:42 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I mean, it's really sad if it's coming down to petty squabbles again.

It is, it's important it works. We always did well having a fan base together. Some just appear not to be able to get that, it's pathetic.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on August 01, 2015, 06:04:12 pm by newyankee »
The whole thing could be sorted out by the Black Bank being a members organisation. In other words you have to sign up with name and address to join. If anything untoward happens then the person/s concerned can be disciplined by the rest of the membership.

The problem is that something like this, set up by true fans, gets taken over by idiots who should be thrown out. Thankfully we have got rid of most of the thugs who go to games just to cause trouble, but there are still a few.

Surely the VSC doesn't want to be associated with mindless morons.  The idea of a large contingent of shouting and singing speccies is good, but not if it turns into a home for the dregs. 

Underwood

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 01, 2015, 06:07:10 pm by Underwood »
The whole thing could be sorted out by the Black Bank being a members organisation. In other words you have to sign up with name and address to join. If anything untoward happens then the person/s concerned can be disciplined by the rest of the membership.

The problem is that something like this, set up by true fans, gets taken over by idiots who should be thrown out. Thankfully we have got rid of most of the thugs who go to games just to cause trouble, but there are still a few.

Surely the VSC doesn't want to be associated with mindless morons.  The idea of a large contingent of shouting and singing speccies is good, but not if it turns into a home for the dregs.

So who are idiots that have taken over? Or are you speculating?
I'm not sure what has happened today that is untoward. The flag was only offensive depending on how you interpret it. The word has several meanings as has already been pointed out.

Some people need to get a grip. Are we in a football stadium or a library? Today could have killed the last chance of creating a decent atmopshere in that place.

And the VSC has its own share of mindless morons. Including the one who decided to instigate the issue over the flag today. He knows who he is.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 01, 2015, 06:07:23 pm by GazLaz »

Absolute nonsense.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 01, 2015, 06:07:38 pm by silent majority »
I've just spoken to Wes on the phone about this, and it appears its all a bit of a storm in a tea cup. Mistakes have been made on both sides but there always was going to be some teething problems. Further discussions will be held with the club early in the week and the Black Bank will issue a statement to clarify things asap.

I would suggest taking a chill pill.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on August 01, 2015, 06:10:35 pm by newyankee »
I am 3,500 miles away, but having read the posts it appears some people were upset by some of those in the Black Bank section. Better to clear things before the season starts, just like managers have to do with the playing staff.  As I said the idea is good so long as it is not taken over by those who want to cause trouble.

Underwood

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 01, 2015, 06:11:55 pm by Underwood »
I am 3,500 miles away, but having read the posts it appears some people were upset by some of those in the Black Bank section. Better to clear things before the season starts, just like managers have to do with the playing staff.  As I said the idea is good so long as it is not taken over by those who want to cause trouble.

Nobody was causing any trouble.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 01, 2015, 06:13:05 pm by newyankee »
Then why are there all these posts if there was no trouble.  If all was sweetness and light there would have been no comments.

Underwood

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 01, 2015, 06:13:48 pm by Underwood »
Then why are there all these posts if there was no trouble.  If all was sweetness and light there would have been no comments.

I suggest you read the thread again and see what this was all about.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 01, 2015, 06:15:42 pm by newyankee »
By the way, the stewards also need to be sorted out before next week because they appear to be most of the trouble.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 01, 2015, 06:19:20 pm by Yorkiered »
I think the chanting should also be changed to "We have a rather tall German fellow"

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 01, 2015, 06:23:16 pm by bpoolrover »
Anyway as Martin has said it's something and nothing,let's all just get on supporting the club as 1

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on August 01, 2015, 06:26:00 pm by Filo »
How about "He's just a big German Stuka"

:)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 01, 2015, 06:28:13 pm by Copps is Magic »
Wait till you lot see the banner I'm making for the Leeds game. It might upset 3,000 to 4,000 people in the stadium.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 01, 2015, 06:29:08 pm by Yorkiered »
How about "He's just a big German Stuka"

:)

Bit risky that. Someone might take offence.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 01, 2015, 06:31:05 pm by drfchound »
It is a bit "plane" if you ask me.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 01, 2015, 06:31:44 pm by dknward2 »
He's (thats a bit sexist) 😜

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member