Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 03:22:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Black Bank  (Read 58845 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Black Bank
« Reply #60 on August 01, 2015, 06:35:47 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Fans are fans, irrespective of where they choose to write on internet forums. Please let's not be making any moral judgements.

Take the flag incident aside, so far the Black Bank have done well and created a lot of noise. For the majority it's good humoured stuff.

Once again I thought the drummer was great.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on August 01, 2015, 06:36:48 pm by ravenrover »
It didn't take too long did it, if the chants in the 2nd half are the best they can come up with then it's time to take their toys off them and send them to bed early tonight, infantile sums it up for me
Have to say I'm not in favour of the German chant but that's just me.

Underwood

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on August 01, 2015, 06:38:32 pm by Underwood »
It didn't take too long did it, if the chants in the 2nd half are the best they can come up with then it's time to take their toys off them and send them to bed early tonight, infantile sums it up for me

What chants did you come up with?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on August 01, 2015, 06:39:31 pm by Filo »
The whole thing could be sorted out by the Black Bank being a members organisation. In other words you have to sign up with name and address to join. If anything untoward happens then the person/s concerned can be disciplined by the rest of the membership.

The problem is that something like this, set up by true fans, gets taken over by idiots who should be thrown out. Thankfully we have got rid of most of the thugs who go to games just to cause trouble, but there are still a few.

Surely the VSC doesn't want to be associated with mindless morons.  The idea of a large contingent of shouting and singing speccies is good, but not if it turns into a home for the dregs.

And the VSC has its own share of mindless morons. Including the one who decided to instigate the issue over the flag today. He knows who he is.

Just out of interest, how do you know who reported it?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on August 01, 2015, 07:02:12 pm by ravenrover »

What chants did you come up with?
Absolutely none. My singing days are long gone, OK?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on August 01, 2015, 07:04:20 pm by Dagenham Rover »
The whole thing could be sorted out by the Black Bank being a members organisation. In other words you have to sign up with name and address to join. If anything untoward happens then the person/s concerned can be disciplined by the rest of the membership.

The problem is that something like this, set up by true fans, gets taken over by idiots who should be thrown out. Thankfully we have got rid of most of the thugs who go to games just to cause trouble, but there are still a few.

Surely the VSC doesn't want to be associated with mindless morons.  The idea of a large contingent of shouting and singing speccies is good, but not if it turns into a home for the dregs.

And the VSC has its own share of mindless morons. Including the one who decided to instigate the issue over the flag today. He knows who he is.

I was wondering myself tbh because I can't imagine the stewards would have named anybody, they may have just said we've had a complaint about it being offensive or something like that, or even that text thingy's supposedly anonymous

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on August 01, 2015, 07:10:21 pm by Filo »

I was wondering myself tbh because I can't imagine the stewards would have named anybody, they may have just said we've had a complaint about it being offensive or something like that, or even that text thingy's supposedly anonymous

Maybe the stewards produce a signed affidavit now, I'm sure Underwood would n't accuse someone without the evidence to back it up, would he?

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on August 01, 2015, 07:13:27 pm by Yorkiered »
Forget the politics or who is or isn't to blame. It is pathetic.
OK some of what the young lads chant isn't to my taste but along with the drum they have started to actually create some kind of atmosphere.
Why do some people want to kill that before the season starts.

Underwood

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on August 01, 2015, 07:14:51 pm by Underwood »

Maybe the stewards produce a signed affidavit now, I'm sure Underwood would n't accuse someone without the evidence to back it up, would he?

I don't believe i've named anyone here. I'm actually conversing with the said person via another channel as we speak.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on August 01, 2015, 07:17:33 pm by Filo »

I don't believe i've named anyone here. I'm actually conversing with the said person via another channel as we speak.

True, you have n't named anyone on here, but you don't need to be Einstien to work out who you are referring to

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on August 01, 2015, 07:19:31 pm by Sprotyrover »
According to google translate 'verdammtes' (on the banner) translates into 'f*cking'.

Do we have any German speaker on here who know better

Shone guten Abend mein Inseln Affen  Bruder und schwesterin der Sind keen problem mitt das wort verdamdt .

Good evening my island Monkey Brothers and sisters there is no problem using that word it's merely the German version of God dam🐵🙊🙈

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 01, 2015, 07:37:47 pm by Copps is Magic »
Are they the words of an official German? Did you check their passport?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on August 01, 2015, 07:50:29 pm by Retdon1 »
I brought a friend to today's game who usually attends 5-10 Games a season and he said it's best atmosphere he's heard at keepmoat for a long time, keep up the good work black bank

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on August 01, 2015, 07:58:49 pm by Donnywolf »
That one might nosedive a bit Filo! ;-)

It may bomb for sure

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on August 01, 2015, 08:10:04 pm by Donnywolf »
Anyway ... if anyone wants my opinion and they usually don't here goes

I was not offended by the Flag in any way ... but the chant of Big F******g German is not clever. The word f****** has become meaningless and as in this case is merely a "filler" for people who cant put anything better in its place.

Surely someone in the Black Bank which did add a lot to the atmosphere even with an almost empty Ground can come up with something better to chant than We've got a Big f*****g German ? We did not sing Billy Billy f*****g Sharp did we or Oh Jamie Jamie, Jamie Jamie  f*****g Coppinger ?

That said the Stewards over reacted and presumably they were only "doing their jobs" and had been ordered to get the "offending" Flag and remove it from view

Oh well that's it  :chair:

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on August 01, 2015, 08:16:24 pm by mrfrostsdad »
'We need to make the Black Bank impossible to police'

Gaz, that's the most ridiculous comment I've ever read on here. All that will happen is the police will police it: by closing it down

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on August 01, 2015, 08:18:15 pm by Yorkiered »
'We need to make the Black Bank impossible to police'

Gaz, that's the most ridiculous comment I've ever read on here. All that will happen is the police will police it: by closing it down

Maybe he worded it wrong. Maybe it should have been "impossible to steward?"

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on August 01, 2015, 08:51:12 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Why not use chuffin? At least it's a Yorkshirrism. The atmosphere was good until the steward/flag episode and then the f@!! The IRA chant, what's that to do with us or football.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on August 01, 2015, 09:14:04 pm by Askern_reds »
personaly ive never been to any game were a cop as never sang songs without swearing from the 60s till this day, and that dosent just include drfc ive been to lots of grounds, so what's all the fuss now let's turn black bank into a church choir would that please everyone

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on August 01, 2015, 09:39:17 pm by podrover73 »
Why we need to use the Big f***ing German chant I don't know - what do the fans think Mr Stuckmann thinks of that .

We never called Mark Mcammon a big F***ing Barbadian.

and nor should we

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on August 01, 2015, 09:53:21 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Thorston looked as if he enjoyed it to be fair.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on August 01, 2015, 09:53:37 pm by DRFCSouth »
What are the intentions of the black bank? Is it to create a singing, fun, boisterous section? Or does it stretch beyond that? I've no idea to be honest.

Swearing is par for the course at most matches nowadays, rightly or wrongly.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on August 01, 2015, 10:00:33 pm by Askern_reds »
What are the intentions of the black bank? Is it to create a singing, fun, boisterous section? Or does it stretch beyond that? I've no idea to be honest.

Swearing is par for the course at most matches nowadays, rightly or wrongly.
not just now but from a long time ago bet thers a lot who use to sing it and playing a different fiddle now ??

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on August 01, 2015, 10:01:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
If DVR's hearing was working, it sounds like the Black Bank's purpose is to f**k the IRA.

Which is an impressive ambition.

I wonder if they can then find a cure for cancer and solve Global Warming?

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on August 01, 2015, 10:12:28 pm by Askern_reds »
If DVR's hearing was working, it sounds like the Black Bank's purpose is to f*** the IRA.

Which is an impressive ambition.

I wonder if they can then find a cure for cancer and solve Global Warming?
bill remeber a song from years ago, quote me if I get a few words wrong did it go uda all the way f**k the pub and the ira with a nick nack paddy wack give the dog a bone why don't you just f**k of home ?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on August 01, 2015, 10:22:20 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I'm no saint Askern and to be honest like our Thorston I found his chant amusing, I just didn't see how the IRA one fits into helping the players or getting others involved in creating an atmosphere. I offered the word Chuffin as a compromise that I think most could live with and maybe join in.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on August 01, 2015, 10:32:40 pm by Askern_reds »
sorry dearn wasn't haveing a pop just bringing songs up from the past trying to prove a point it's gone on for years and just not now, personaly I think if fans want to get away from songs that are only meant as banter won't av many sports to go to May be tennis ?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on August 01, 2015, 10:36:30 pm by Copps is Magic »
All these chants have been taken directly from viral youtube videos of other groups of fans. I don't read any more or any less into it than that.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on August 01, 2015, 10:43:42 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I didn't take it personally and I'm all for banter, for me that chant isn't

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on August 01, 2015, 10:51:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Copps

I await with bated breath more second-hand, 25 year out-of-date chants. Maybe the one about Elton John's sexuality? Or that one about the absence of the colour black from our national flag?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012