Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:25:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trump  (Read 34264 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Trump
« Reply #180 on August 25, 2019, 01:07:25 pm by SydneyRover »
Would you buy a used car from either of these two?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/08/25/donald-trump-insists-boris-johnson-right-man-deliver-brexit/

Boris thought bubble: I hope he wore a condom?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on August 26, 2019, 11:16:33 am by silent majority »
They're like tweedle dum and tweedle dee.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #182 on September 05, 2019, 09:27:26 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Meanwhile, a tiny insight into the mind of the Liar in Chief.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49587232

This is so achingly sad, you almost feel sorry for him.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on September 05, 2019, 10:18:55 am by SydneyRover »
Meanwhile, a tiny insight into the mind of the Liar in Chief.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49587232

This is so achingly sad, you almost feel sorry for him.

And again it shows the contempt that he and our own pet liar have for the people.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #184 on September 08, 2019, 10:23:41 am by BillyStubbsTears »
At it again. The failure of a businessman propping up his failing businesses through corrupt practices.

His Turnberry golf course is haemorrhaging money. £20m loss over two years.

And then whaddya know? The US Air Force start using it as stop-over accommodation for flights which have suddenly started landing at Prestwick for re-fuelling.

It's beyond believe, the stunts this criminal will pull.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #185 on September 10, 2019, 05:45:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This is insane.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49642658

A senior Trump official, calling senior weather scientists and threatening them with the sack for telling the truth and embarrassing Trump.

f**king hell. No comedy, no drama, no novel could have made this up. But it's happening right here and now.

The scientific truth must be discarded to stop the Man-Child-in-Chief from having a tantrum.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #186 on September 10, 2019, 06:54:33 pm by wilts rover »
I see he has sacked John Bolton. I thought my computer had been hacked...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #187 on September 10, 2019, 07:03:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Well at least he's got one up on the FL if he's taken action against Bolton.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #188 on September 10, 2019, 07:03:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
But seriously. Imagine how much of a headcase Boulton is, if he's too extreme for Trump.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on September 10, 2019, 11:36:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This.

https://www.bradford-delong.com/2019/09/comment-of-the-day-_rwhttpswwwbradford-delongcom201909aldous-huxley-_brave-new-worldhttpwwwmicroethologyneton.html

I remember reading Brave New World years ago and thinking....but...but...people could never be THAT lacking in interest as the smart folk took their freedom away and told them they were doing it to make them free...

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #190 on September 19, 2019, 10:02:45 pm by SydneyRover »
NYT: whistleblower complaint involves 'multiple acts by Trump'

The whistleblower complaint at the heart of an extraordinary standoff between Congress and the intelligence community is said to involve “multiple acts” by the president, according to the New York Times.

Michael Atkinson, the inspector general for the intelligence community, revealed to lawmakers on Thursday that the complaint involved multiple acts, the Times reported, citing two officials familiar with the situation.

Lawmakers said Atkinson declined to discuss specifics during a briefing with the panel and would not say if the complaint involved the president.
The Washington Post reported on Wednesday that the complaint involves a “promise” Trump made during a phone conversation with a foreign leader.

Trump on Twitter scoffed at the assertion that he would make such a commitment on a telephone call that he knew might be listened to by intelligence officers from the US and other countries.

Time Magazine is reporting that one of Trump’s phone calls with a foreign leader involved a commitment related to US foreign policy that the whistleblower found troubling.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2019/sep/19/trump-news-today-live-whistleblower-complaint-democrats-climate-latest-news

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #191 on September 19, 2019, 10:26:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I loved that bit.

"Trump on Twitter scoffed at the assertion that he would make such a commitment on a telephone call that he knew might be listened to by intelligence officers from the US and other countries."

That's Trump who inadvertently gave classified intelligence to the Russian ambassador at the White House. And it's the President who tweeted about intelligence issues that led to a mole the Americans had in the Kremlin being exposed and having to be lifted out.

It's the President who said in live TV that he sacked Coney "because of this Trump-Russia thing", thereby admitting an impeachable offence.

So yeah. Who believes he could be so stupid as to commit an impeachable offence in a phone call to a foreign President? Apart from every f**ker who thinks about it for more than 3 seconds.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #192 on September 20, 2019, 10:24:03 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Here's Trump's tweet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1174696521914339328

Fascinating.

See, if I were innocent and pushing back on this, I'd say, "Is anybody dumb enough to think that I would say anything inappropriate in a call with a foreign leader?"

It wouldn't dawn on me to add the comment that other people would be listening in. And then to say "not that I'd do anything wrong anyway" as an afterthought.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #193 on September 20, 2019, 05:01:24 pm by SydneyRover »
Donald Chump

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #194 on September 23, 2019, 08:53:04 pm by SydneyRover »
Hi this is Don here, I want to make a complete ass of myself, but first I'll deny it then get that idiot lawyer of mine Giuliani dig the hole wider and deeper then I'll claim it's all above board and nothing to see here, signed Donald Chump,

By the way, I love the Ukraine and all the people there, I have great conversations with them, the best, they love me  :woohoo:

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #195 on September 24, 2019, 08:06:34 pm by SydneyRover »
Nancy Pelosi intends to announce a formal impeachment inquiry against Trump later today, according to the Washington Post.

The Post reports:

The announcement later Tuesday from Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) comes amid reports that President Trump may have pressured a foreign leader to investigate former vice president and potential 2020 campaign rival Joe Biden and his family.

A growing number of House Democrats are backing an impeachment inquiry as momentum shifts in the Democratic caucus.

Democratic officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to speak frankly, said she would back the step.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2019/sep/24/trump-and-johnson-to-meet-amid-impeachment-and-brexit-woes-live?page=with:block-5d8a62d38f084ab84172c72d#block-5d8a62d38f084ab84172c72d

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #196 on September 25, 2019, 12:42:40 am by BillyStubbsTears »
So.

The Democrats have finally hit the Impeachment button.

Not sure it's the best political move as it will only cement those who support Trump regardless.

But

Sometimes you've just got to uphold the law. If he's really been encouraging a foreign country to interfere in the next election ...

...again!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #197 on September 25, 2019, 01:33:04 am by Bentley Bullet »
......And you don't like him!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #198 on September 26, 2019, 03:58:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He's in a spot of bother now isn't he.

So he's on record as having blocked $400m of military aid to Ukraine at precisely the same time that the Ukrainian president asked him for that aid, and Trump said he needed Ukraine's help digging dirt against his likely election opponent next year.

And then the White House tried to cover that up.

That's as open and shut a case of impeachable offences as you are going to find.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #199 on September 26, 2019, 05:26:50 pm by foxbat »
and that's just the tip of the iceberg

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #200 on September 26, 2019, 08:48:40 pm by SydneyRover »
If trump had a brain he'd be a hell of a lot more dangerous

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #201 on September 26, 2019, 09:08:58 pm by SydneyRover »
trump should put a stop to these bootleg recordings of his stand-up routine:

Audio of Trump comparing whistleblower's source to a 'spy' is released

The LA Times has released audio of Trump’s event with UN staffers this morning, where the president addressed the release of the whistleblower complaint.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2019/sep/26/donald-trump-ukraine-live-news-latest-us-politics?page=with:block-5d8d149a8f08fbb0c171c34f#block-5d8d149a8f08fbb0c171c34f

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #202 on September 27, 2019, 07:53:29 am by SydneyRover »
This is now bigger than Ben-Hur and looks likely to drag down many others in the whirlpool, it's such a shame, I like trump he brought a refreshing change to world and US politics.  :)

White House tried to cover up Trump's Ukraine conversation, whistleblower alleges
Pelosi condemns White House for trying to keep details from public, while Trump compares whistleblower’s source to ‘a spy’

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/sep/26/slug-trump-ukraine-latest-whistleblower-complaint-2020-election

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #203 on September 27, 2019, 10:24:43 am by BillyStubbsTears »
The Senate won't pass the impeachment though. I do wonder what he would have to do for the Republicans to turn on him.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #204 on September 27, 2019, 03:36:58 pm by SydneyRover »
I think trump now has the edge on johnson  :)

Trump has now jumped from the argument that the whistleblower complaint represented “secondhand information,” as he first argued yesterday, to claiming that the information may have been entirely fabricated.

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

Sounding more and more like the so-called Whistleblower isn’t a Whistleblower at all. In addition, all second hand information that proved to be so inaccurate that there may not have even been somebody else, a leaker or spy, feeding it to him or her? A partisan operative?
    September 27, 2019

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2019/sep/27/donald-trump-ukraine-live-news-latest-us-politics?page=with:block-5d8e127a8f08fbb0c171ca33#block-5d8e127a8f08fbb0c171ca33

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #205 on September 27, 2019, 05:04:49 pm by scawsby steve »
The Senate won't pass the impeachment though. I do wonder what he would have to do for the Republicans to turn on him.

You're right about the impeachment. It's a dangerous route to go down, because unless it's 100% watertight it won't get through the Senate; and a failed impeachment can hand a sitting President the next election on a plate, as what happened with Bill Clinton.

I'm a bit surprised at Nancy Pelosi, a woman I admire tremendously as both a politician and a person, after the way she continuously held off impeachment during the Mueller report, but has now gone the other way. The opinion of some pundits on last night's news broadcasts was that she may have succumbed to the hard left, which might not be a very wise move.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #206 on September 27, 2019, 05:16:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The Muller Report unquestionably made a case for impeachment but the way that Barr spun it made it easy for the Republicans to push back against it. Muller laid out 10 examples of Obstruction of Justice but because Barr took the lead in saying Muller had exonerated Trump (he 100% had not) that concept took root. You for one have never accepted that was a lie SS, even after Muller published a letter to Barr telling him that Barr had totally misrepresented the facts in the report.

This one is different. It's a slam dunk factual case of impeachable behaviour.

Sometimes, politicians DO have to act to preserve democracy, even if it is not in their party's best interests.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #207 on September 27, 2019, 06:46:55 pm by scawsby steve »
The Muller Report unquestionably made a case for impeachment but the way that Barr spun it made it easy for the Republicans to push back against it. Muller laid out 10 examples of Obstruction of Justice but because Barr took the lead in saying Muller had exonerated Trump (he 100% had not) that concept took root. You for one have never accepted that was a lie SS, even after Muller published a letter to Barr telling him that Barr had totally misrepresented the facts in the report.

This one is different. It's a slam dunk factual case of impeachable behaviour.

Sometimes, politicians DO have to act to preserve democracy, even if it is not in their party's best interests.

There's not much democracy being preserved by many of our politicians, in any of the parties.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #208 on September 27, 2019, 07:26:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
See, there you go again SS.

Claiming that everyone is as bad means that you don't separate anyone.

Tell me what Obama did that comes remotely close to the illegality and venality of Trump.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #209 on September 27, 2019, 08:32:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This would be hilarious if it wasn't such a frightening window into the incompetence and childish self-importance of the most powerful man in the world.

He tweeted about Congressman Adam Schiff who is a good few inches shorter than Trump.

For some bizarre reason, he called him Liddle' Adam Schiff.

CNN, understandably thought he meant Little Adam Schiff.

This was the thing that Trump considered THE most important thing to address when he dragged himself out of his pit this morning.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1177539052683309056

So he claims Liddle didn't mean Little. Ok. He's upset because someone questioned his spelling and grammar and whether he is the intellectual giant he claims.

And in petulantly replying, he confuses an apostrophe for a hyphen, and mis-spells "describing".

It would literally be too stupid to laugh at in a comedy show.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012