Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:16:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Surprised  (Read 1592 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Surprised
« on June 02, 2011, 04:57:45 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
At the lack of news on the players offered contracts - IE Sullivan, Hird, Chambers.  Thought we might have heard something by now.  It's interesting how little movement there's been throughout the divisions so far, not alot going on.  Seems to get later every year (I remember when we signed O'Connor, Lockwood, etc that year how early it was).

Also not much talk of cash bids going on anywhere.  I think that's to be expected I bet very little cash changes hands this summer.  Still seems rather quiet that there's not even any concrete rumours which usually there are.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
Re: Surprised
« Reply #1 on June 02, 2011, 05:00:44 pm by DonnyRTID »
Haven't you visited the rumours site?

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 02, 2011, 05:13:45 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=159832
At the lack of news on the players offered contracts - IE Sullivan, Hird, Chambers.  Thought we might have heard something by now.  It's interesting how little movement there's been throughout the divisions so far, not alot going on.  Seems to get later every year (I remember when we signed O'Connor, Lockwood, etc that year how early it was).

Also not much talk of cash bids going on anywhere.  I think that's to be expected I bet very little cash changes hands this summer.  Still seems rather quiet that there's not even any concrete rumours which usually there are.

I'm sort of hoping that the lack of news means some people exiting Rovers stage left...a la Snagglepuss.

More worrying is the lack of news regarding people coming in. If Rovers aren't careful, they'll end up with the last bread in the shop (so to speak), and we all know that means a stale pack of 8 wholemeal buns........

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 02, 2011, 06:20:06 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well the good news maybe the club are managing our expectations better and playing their cards close to their chest.

Perhaps wanting to avoid careless talk and will only announce deals.....after SkySports break the news !!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 02, 2011, 06:25:19 pm by River Don »
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=159844
Well the good news maybe the club are managing our expectations better and playing their cards close to their chest.

Perhaps wanting to avoid careless talk and will only announce deals.....after SkySports break the news !!

Rovers usually try to avoid careless talk. Then rumours appear, folk let things slip and then in the excitement JR usually lets his enthusiasm get the better of him and starts announcing things too early.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 02, 2011, 06:32:10 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Not bother me if none of them agreed to be honest!

Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=159832

rovinrover52

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 02, 2011, 09:51:23 pm by rovinrover52 »
Sam Hird is in Thailand at Ben smith's wedding (he has had offers from South coast Clubs as well as Rovers)

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 03, 2011, 02:09:33 am by Kenny_Senior »
Are players still allowed to sign pre-contract agreements with other clubs? I know that's knackering up Darren Pratley a bit at Swansea and the rumours about him joining Bolton.

If they can't, it could explain the lack of transfers so far, as most players who are being released will still be under contract until the end of June.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 03, 2011, 08:41:08 am by wilts rover »
Quote from: \"Kenny_Senior\" post=159883
Are players still allowed to sign pre-contract agreements with other clubs? I know that's knackering up Darren Pratley a bit at Swansea and the rumours about him joining Bolton.

If they can't, it could explain the lack of transfers so far, as most players who are being released will still be under contract until the end of June.

Yes although it is not always to their advantage. Apparently Borini wants to stay at Swansea now they have been promoted but can't because he signed a pre-contract with Parma ages ago
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6962911,00.html

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 03, 2011, 08:43:13 am by CusworthRovers »
They usually say (well Sean does) that something needs to spark transfer activity and it will have a knock on effect. In our area of transfers I would guess that any imminent moves for the likes of Danny Graham or Craig Mackail Smith will cause a lot of phone calls/activity to try and replace them, which will cause further phone calls/activity from the 2nd club in question, and then the 3rd club in question down the chain and so on and so forth

TinyPortal © 2005-2012