Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 07:00:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mr McIndoe  (Read 31131 times)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Re:Mr McIndoe
« Reply #90 on August 01, 2010, 01:00:16 pm by Sprotyrover »
My views for what they are worth!

Just had a look at his stats on soccer base 20 goals in 155 in Championship ain't brill.

The times I've watched him since he left us I didnt see anything special either, 200k aint bad for his experience butIi just hope he has lost a bit of the EGO,he will be a small fish in our midfield pond if he does come back.

Dont be expecting any trees to be pulled up,we might not even see him in the first team for the first 6 months knowing our SOD! B)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on August 01, 2010, 05:05:27 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
If we were looking for a striker, then 20 goals in 155 games isn't fantastic, but the point is that he wouldn't be brought in to play upfront. Take a look at his assists statistics and come back and say that 'ain't brill'.

I think McIndoe would have a lot to offer, especially since Roberts has moved on as he works tirelessly and always did more than his fair share of helping out the left side of defence in his first spell with us.

I can remember Sturdy once saying that he is the one player who always seems to work harder in every 5 minute spell as the game progresses. His fitness levels are phenomenal and I can't believe that there are fans out there who think he would add nothing to our team.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on August 01, 2010, 05:15:36 pm by Filo »
I think he could be another Oster, Oster came here after playing the best part of his career as a winger, he's moved more central and arguably was in the best form of his career last season. I think Macca could do the same if he is prepared to adapt his game

danny1

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on August 01, 2010, 05:16:30 pm by danny1 »
this would be one hell of a team if we get a couple of more players

sullivan
dumbuya   joc  martis  friend
coppinger stock woods mcindoe
          keogh
          sharp

subs
woods
booker
hayter
payne
thomas
gillet
lockwood
oster and webster when fit

would like another centre back tho

paddymacca

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on August 01, 2010, 05:39:48 pm by paddymacca »
danny1 wrote:

sullivan
          keogh
          sharp

subs
woods
booker
hayter
payne
thomas
gillet
lockwood

Would certainly give us some strength in depth thats for sure

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on August 01, 2010, 06:23:17 pm by DonnyOsmond »
danny1 wrote:

sullivan
          keogh
          sharp

subs
woods
booker
hayter
payne
thomas
gillet
lockwood

No Chambers?

lee1974

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on August 01, 2010, 06:58:28 pm by lee1974 »
where is Dean Shiels???

danny1

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on August 01, 2010, 07:27:21 pm by danny1 »
To be honest I would have chambers at left before friend and shields a back up for keough

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on August 01, 2010, 08:21:58 pm by Branton Rover »
My opinion for what its worth Macca never achieved the heights predicted when he was with us now on the slide realistically if he wants to stay at this level he'll have to eat somed humble pie, no longer the star he once was, can he take being just another player?  Having said all that if Sean feels he can add something then yes but don't foist him on the Manager John Sean should have the final say

Xtrarover

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on August 01, 2010, 08:35:17 pm by Xtrarover »
He played great football for Doncaster and then left and lost his way and i think he knows it, great to have him back older, wiser and wanting to prove once again his skill and ability. I was gutted when he left the club

SO

I agree Bring back the Mac!

NathanDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on August 01, 2010, 11:38:16 pm by NathanDRFC »
Seth Bennett facebook status: Michael mcindoe to donny rumours are rubbish. Rovers not looking at him. However keen on Wayne Thomas talks continue.

VikingJames

« Reply #101 on August 01, 2010, 11:52:47 pm by VikingJames »
To be fair, Seth Bennett is pretty well informed and his status updates rarely turn out to be wrong.

paddymacca

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on August 02, 2010, 12:10:38 am by paddymacca »
so if this is the case, then why would he of been at the keepmoat on saturday as so many of you have stated on here? Bit odd don't you think.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on August 02, 2010, 12:40:54 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
He's off to Wednesdays then. He'll fit in well with Dad's Army...Stupid boy !!

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on August 02, 2010, 09:25:55 am by Jonathan »
Seth knows his stuff and there's no reason to doubt him, however the whole circumstances surrrounding this one seem odd.

The suggestion that McIndoe would be joining us emerged from the Coventry end last week. It is 100% true that he was at our game on Saturday. It seems strange that he may have just been taking in a game here, when his club were playing at the same time. Of course it would be possible that a potential deal had fallen through, but for Seth to suggest that Rovers are not even looking at him makes the chain of events a strange coincidence.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on August 02, 2010, 09:34:52 am by bedale rover »
Jonathan wrote:
Seth knows his stuff and there's no reason to doubt him, however the whole circumstances surrrounding this one seem odd.

The suggestion that McIndoe would be joining us emerged from the Coventry end last week. It is 100% true that he was at our game on Saturday. It seems strange that he may have just been taking in a game here, when his club were playing at the same time. Of course it would be possible that a potential deal had fallen through, but for Seth to suggest that Rovers are not even looking at him makes the chain of events a strange coincidence.

maybe he was here begging JR to take him back but no deal so he got a free ticket by way of compensation :byebye

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on August 02, 2010, 10:36:28 am by Drover »
bedale rover wrote:
Jonathan wrote:

maybe he was here begging JR to take him back but no deal so he got a free ticket by way of compensation :byebye

I Can see JR wanting him to return but I personally still think SOD will not be interested in him.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on August 02, 2010, 10:40:21 am by keyser_soze »
I'd tend to listen to Seth's updates, he's pretty clued up. As mentioned before, maybe he was visiting friends/family in the area and thought he'd take a game in as a guest of the club? Its not unheard of.

DubaiRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on August 02, 2010, 10:54:52 am by DubaiRover »
Return of the Mac.

Im gonna try and write a song now.

Clarkz

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on August 02, 2010, 03:14:03 pm by Clarkz »
To go back to a club that he \"criticised\" upon leaving and who still perhaps can't match his wage demands is commitment enough for me. It's a hard thing for his pride and he knows he'll have to win back a lot of fans. Everyone deserves a second chance.

London_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on August 02, 2010, 03:43:31 pm by London_Rover »
If he comes he comes.  

Half the crowd will no doubt boo him.  At least then he'll be like any other player on a bad day!

;)  :P  :angry:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on August 02, 2010, 04:04:23 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Clarkz wrote:
To go back to a club that he \"criticised\" upon leaving and who still perhaps can't match his wage demands is commitment enough for me. It's a hard thing for his pride and he knows he'll have to win back a lot of fans. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Let's remember those he criticised are no longer here.

washyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on August 02, 2010, 04:18:28 pm by washyrover »
Why would half the crowd boo him, half did not watch the rovers when he last played for us I for one was dissappointed when he left,but i would look foward to return of the mac.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on August 02, 2010, 05:40:31 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The question about McIndoe is bound to come up on tonights first edition of Football Heaven.

All S Yorks managers attending the forum and is normally a good programme. 6pm.

Keith Myath

« Reply #114 on August 02, 2010, 05:55:26 pm by Keith Myath »
washyrover wrote:
Why would half the crowd boo him, half did not watch the rovers when he last played for us I for one was dissappointed when he left,but i would look foward to return of the mac.

Exactly why, those who never saw him first time round. Will hear a few boo's and join in.

TBH he was the first name on the teamsheet for me back then, but ive seen better players since those days, and although have some good memories of the lad, for me he doesnt fit the Sean mould.

Id have JET a 1000 times over Mcindoe any day, but maybe  Mcindoe is the back up plan?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on August 03, 2010, 10:00:04 pm by RobTheRover »
Had it on good authority today that Mr Macca was up on a purely social visit to see JR, as he is injured and couldnt play in Cov's friendly.

Sorry to disappoint/glad to delight*, folks

(* delete as applicable)

thepope

« Reply #116 on August 04, 2010, 01:09:54 pm by thepope »
he was sat next to me in the east stand and i spoke to him at half time , got the impression it was a social visit.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on August 04, 2010, 11:11:08 pm by BobG »
I hope you tapped him though Popey?

Cheers

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012