Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:45:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers ....need to up put or  (Read 4583 times)

Rovin Reporter

Rovers ....need to up put or
« on August 06, 2010, 11:41:39 am by Rovin Reporter »
shut up..It is my belief , that we are NOT doing enough to attract what would be considered occasional supporter. Paying at the turnstile would help , vouchers offers through the local press. clearly times are hard BUT IT IS NOT a depression ,people just need to be sold on there support being WANTED, we sent nearly 30,000 to wembley so the support is there, getting bums on seats is what ROVERS should about , the supporters clubs should be used in a more proactive way. What idiot called for this years open day not to be arranged , We have just spent over a £1Milion on a player and the fans did not get the chance to talk to him, or J/R AND CO to meet and great the supporters . If the Tickets sales are down WHO IS RESPONSIBLE . We are asked to pay more for our tickets each year HOME & AWAY . SO let those who make the decision's stand up and justify that one. We can not keep saying we are a small club when we keep on trying to act like a big one, Even SO'D IS SAYING \"wE ARE PUNCHING ABOVE OUR WEIGHT\" What sort of message does that send out? are we favourites to go down again this year? i think not. Having to close stands down in a cup game is just idiotic, give the tickets away and play in front of a BIG crowed . PATHETIC

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
Re:Rovers ....need to up put or
« Reply #1 on August 06, 2010, 11:53:06 am by Jim Dobbin »
Rovin Reporter wrote:
shut up..It is my belief , that we are NOT doing enough to attract what would be considered occasional supporter. Paying at the turnstile would help , vouchers offers through the local press. clearly times are hard BUT IT IS NOT a depression ,people just need to be sold on there support being WANTED, we sent nearly 30,000 to wembley so the support is there, getting bums on seats is what ROVERS should about , the supporters clubs should be used in a more proactive way. What idiot called for this years open day not to be arranged , We have just spent over a £1Milion on a player and the fans did not get the chance to talk to him, or J/R AND CO to meet and great the supporters . If the Tickets sales are down WHO IS RESPONSIBLE . We are asked to pay more for our tickets each year HOME & AWAY . SO let those who make the decision's stand up and justify that one. We can not keep saying we are a small club when we keep on trying to act like a big one, Even SO'D IS SAYING \"wE ARE PUNCHING ABOVE OUR WEIGHT\" What sort of message does that send out? are we favourites to go down again this year? i think not. Having to close stands down in a cup game is just idiotic, give the tickets away and play in front of a BIG crowed . PATHETIC

Nearly 30k to Wembley? weren't it more around the 25k mark? If people don't want to go they don't want to go, it would take years of having a good team that finish in the top half each season or promotion to gain bigger attendances. Lets face it the support is around 6-7k, the promotion bandwagon as now left the building. Rovers play in one of the smallest stadiums in the league with one of the smallest support and with a history that can't match many teams in this division, be grateful for where DRFC are currently playing now and where they were in 1997.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #2 on August 06, 2010, 12:15:34 pm by Rovin Reporter »
It is comments like 25 k not being nearly 30K along with Smallest stadium remarks ,when we have the funds in place to enlarge the stadium, which WOULD drive down season ticket prices in the short term to enable the club to match their rivals, and for YOUR information we AVERAGED  OVER 11K AT HOME  Last Season Not 7k or 8k , we are only going to get larger buy getting the facts right ,and start talking the cub UP and see the future just like J/R did in 1997 . or are you happy in the your world of past failures and missed chances . All i'm saying is tickets HAVE TO BE SOLD and those who are paid to sell the club to the wider community should get off their arses and do what J/ DOES and do not let anything get in your way of progress.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 06, 2010, 12:43:41 pm by not on facebook »
i cant see many doncaster joe public floaters comming out of
the woodwork for the accrington stanley cup game,so what knock on effect it has shuting the southstand down for said game as far as floating fans likes/dislikes is hard to read.

now as for a rovers fans who has payed out for a season ticket to sit in the southstand for whatever reasons then i can see possible backlash.

think the KMS are looking for the line in the sand on this one
as if it goes off with no major issues future early round cup games will go same way.

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 06, 2010, 01:04:16 pm by nightporter »
Its not our stadium to expand.

irishcontingent

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 06, 2010, 01:16:14 pm by irishcontingent »
And it cant be expanded. Least not in the way you allude to.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 06, 2010, 01:19:23 pm by RobTheRover »
I've got to agree that the club should be doing more to entice floaters in, and Dave Morris's comment at the Supporter's Club AGM is a cop out.  Of course, supporters can bring mates in, but that is one weapon in the armoury and not at the expense of the club coming up with new schemes, promotions, etc, to make coming to games easier, cheaper, better value.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 06, 2010, 01:24:02 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Rovin Reporter wrote:
when we have the funds in place to enlarge the stadium, which WOULD drive down season ticket prices in the short term...we are only going to get larger buy getting the facts right

Oh sweet irony.  :laugh:

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 06, 2010, 02:13:40 pm by Jim Dobbin »
Rovin Reporter wrote:
It is comments like 25 k not being nearly 30K along with Smallest stadium remarks ,when we have the funds in place to enlarge the stadium, which WOULD drive down season ticket prices in the short term to enable the club to match their rivals, and for YOUR information we AVERAGED  OVER 11K AT HOME  Last Season Not 7k or 8k , we are only going to get larger buy getting the facts right ,and start talking the cub UP and see the future just like J/R did in 1997 . or are you happy in the your world of past failures and missed chances . All i'm saying is tickets HAVE TO BE SOLD and those who are paid to sell the club to the wider community should get off their arses and do what J/ DOES and do not let anything get in your way of progress.

Wasn't the average 10,992 and 25k to 30k is a big difference (16%) funds in place to enlarge the stadium we cannot currently fill. Its a good job you're not looking after the funds. And 7 or 8k was referring to the home support, have you looked at the season ticket sales this year? backs up my point a little.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 06, 2010, 02:19:44 pm by Wellred »
Oh for English to be taught by schools nowadays.
their..........there
as.........has
weren't....wasn't
I could go on and on.

Is it just laziness or are some of the posters on here really that illiterate?

Oh and just in case you don't understand, \"illiterate\" is another word for \"thick\"

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #10 on August 06, 2010, 04:23:05 pm by Rovin Reporter »
shut the f**k up prick!!

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #11 on August 06, 2010, 04:24:01 pm by Rovin Reporter »
the comment was for you idiot ,pedantic t**t

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 06, 2010, 04:26:29 pm by Wellred »
Rovin Reporter wrote:

that should be:

The comment was for you idiot. Pedantic t**t.

You really must try harder. 4/10

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 06, 2010, 04:33:05 pm by not on facebook »
fink i should put me hands up to bad spelling etc etc

since i have been out here me english has got worse not that

it was upto standard to start

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 06, 2010, 04:47:58 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
What does 'up put of shut up' mean exactly?

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 06, 2010, 04:48:46 pm by andyst79 »
I have to agree that not being able to pay on the turnstile is a complete ball ache and makes no sense I have to go from 1 side of the ground 2 get my ticket and back rnd to the east stand. Once inside the ground there's always some little hitler in an orange or yellow jacket giving honest decent folk shite over nothing while the away support can do wot the f**k they wAnt while the food n beer r just overpriced shite. All in all if it wasn't 4 the rovers great football it would be a very unpleasant experiance! I would love to see more bums on seats maybe having different prices 4 different cat games cud help?

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 06, 2010, 04:49:46 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Wellred wrote:
Oh for English to taught by schools nowadays.
 :whistle:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 06, 2010, 05:11:05 pm by Wellred »
ha ha oops good job I spelled it rite tho wont it.

Wellington Vaults

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 06, 2010, 05:20:38 pm by Wellington Vaults »
Rovin Reporter wrote:
shut the fcuk up prick!!

I'm sure that this response is based on the statement that debate or debating is a formal method of interactive and representational argument. Debate is a broader form of argument than logical argument, which only examines consistency from axiom, and factual argument, which only examines what is or isn't the case or rhetoric which is a technique of persuasion. Though logical consistency, factual accuracy and some degree of emotional appeal to the audience are important elements of the art of persuasion; in debating, one side often prevails over the other side by presenting a superior \"context\" and/or framework of the issue, which is far more subtle and strategic.

Or perhaps it isn't.

Ian H

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 06, 2010, 05:43:19 pm by Ian H »
Is this the 5 minute argument or the full half hour?

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 06, 2010, 06:22:08 pm by not on facebook »
fcuk me wellington i actually thought i got to know you over
the years,obviously not fella.

all them nike classic green flash have all now gone mate.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 07, 2010, 12:33:46 am by BobG »
Rovin Reporter wrote:

Just this once, Wellred, I agree with you absolutely. :)

Pillocks like this turd Roving Reporter should stick their heads back where the sun don't shine. Not only is he completely illiterate but he is also, clearly, unable to control himself either. Perhaps he didn't have the ability to actually concentrate for half an hour at school? It certainly looks that way.

BobG

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 07, 2010, 07:13:01 am by PDX_Rover »
What did Dave Morris say at the Supporters AGM?  He's half the bloody problem right there.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 07, 2010, 10:48:41 am by Wellred »
PDX_Rover wrote:
What did Dave Morris say at the Supporters AGM?  He's half the bloody problem right there.

You are being generous aren't you Mark? Only half?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012