Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 11:44:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sir Peter Kitchen  (Read 2597 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Sir Peter Kitchen
« on August 06, 2010, 07:32:35 pm by The Red Baron »
Also featured on that excellent Margate site:

http://www.margatefchistory.co.uk/peterkitchen.htm

The final sentence makes it sound as though he has acquired a Tardis!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Savvy

• Forum Member
Re:Sir Peter Kitchen
« Reply #1 on August 06, 2010, 07:49:50 pm by Savvy »
Thanks for that RB, a great read. In my opinion he has only been rivaled by Alick Jeffery as the most gifted and natural striker to have ever played for the club. Brings back many memories of running back home along Carr House road singing Peter Kitchen walks on water!!!!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 07, 2010, 12:24:31 am by BobG »
I love Peter Kitchen. He, along with Vietnam, President Nixon and Watergate define my youth.

Cheers

BobG

Ian H

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 07, 2010, 07:18:52 am by Ian H »
Actually Bob, I can think of a few other things that help \"define your youth\" !  :D

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 07, 2010, 07:26:55 am by Donnywolf »
BobG wrote:
I love Peter Kitchen. He, along with Vietnam, President Nixon and Watergate define my youth.

Cheers

BobG

Mine too .... is still my favourite Rovers Player though Greenie was perhaps one Championship Game from \"being joint top\"

Kitch scored some memorable goals BUT I would love to see his goal for Orient v Chelsea in the Cup run that took Orient to the Semi Final if anyone finds it anywhere !

As you can guess it was early 70s before YouTube etc - and I saw it only for a few weeks

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 08, 2010, 12:06:04 am by BobG »
I was AT that match Wolfy! Lived in White City at the time and me and another Donny lad went to both the original match and the replay - simply to watch PK. PK cost me a night in hospital after that goal. It was such a wondrous one that I attempted to recreate it on the pavement just outside White City tube station on the way back. Unfortunately, somehow a few sherberts made me fall over whilst doing so. No idea why. Completely f**ked my ankle it did. My mate had to just about carry me to Hammersmith hospital down the road where he dumped me in Casualty and buggered off. Took months to get better. Stonking goal though. I'd like to see it again too.

BobG

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 08, 2010, 12:47:07 am by Bristol Red Rover »
Nearest I found to a vid is this:

Looks like orient v chelsea, so who else is pictured apart from PK? Get your programme out Bob :)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 08, 2010, 01:56:11 am by BobG »
Ian H wrote:
Actually Bob, I can think of a few other things that help \"define your youth\" !  :D

You better send me a PM Ian. :) Not sure I can remember too much these days apart from days at Tatters Field, Friday nights round the Market Place and Ketch stomping all over that Lotus outside whatever that club was called on the top floor of the Co-Op building.

Cheers. I'm still buzzing after this afternoon.

BobG

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 08, 2010, 08:13:05 am by Donnywolf »
BobG wrote:
I was AT that match Wolfy! Lived in White City at the time and me and another Donny lad went to both the original match and the replay - simply to watch PK. PK cost me a night in hospital after that goal. It was such a wondrous one that I attempted to recreate it on the pavement just outside White City tube station on the way back. Unfortunately, somehow a few sherberts made me fall over whilst doing so. No idea why. Completely fcuked my ankle it did. My mate had to just about carry me to Hammersmith hospital down the road where he dumped me in Casualty and buggered off. Took months to get better. Stonking goal though. I'd like to see it again too.

BobG

best thing I remember about it was the nutmeg on Micky Droy in the middle of the dribble. Started way out right I seem to recall and beat Harris Droy and possibly another

I have mentioned on here before but I followed PK throughout that FA Cup run going to Boro away on the Satunday then down to Orient Tuesday and so on

Semi Final at Stamford Bridge was memeorable because I got one of the 11 autographed footballs that was kicked into the crowd by the \"O\" s players and appeared in the Free Press etc

Stupidly I did not look after the ball and it went down and years later and eventually got thrown out (you stupid boy). However I still have a package sent by Kitch with a signed Photo and signed programme and a note on Orient notepaper thanking me for \"continuing to support him\" and \" I thought you Rovers fans would all have disowned me\"

NEVER

TinyPortal © 2005-2012