Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 11:15:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ticket office in tinpot claim shock  (Read 2651 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Ticket office in tinpot claim shock
« on August 09, 2010, 04:08:20 pm by wing commander »
I see that the rumours of improved customer service at the ticket office are unjustified. :S  This taken from the stanley board.......

I spent almost 2 hours on the phone to Doncaster Rovers this morning. What a total shambles. Waiting for ages for phone to be answered. When it was, there were long periods of deathly silence. When I eventually spoke to someone, I was promised a return call - that never arrived. When I rang again, I was told that my details were not \"on the system\" - hardly surprising as I have never had dealings with the club (and hope I never again have to).

If anyone thinks that Stanley's admin can be tinpot, just try Doncaster's. They are dreadful.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NorthNorfolkRover

Re:Ticket office in tinpot claim shock
« Reply #1 on August 09, 2010, 04:19:13 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
I had the same problem. They should do something about the long silence as I wasn't sure if I had been cut off. :(

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 09, 2010, 04:22:49 pm by Wellred »
I can't understand this \"details on the system\" business.
How are we ever going to get any new followers when we make it as difficult as possible to buy a ticket for a game?

Ok I know this was an Accy fan but the same applies to people living in Doncaster.

Strange that nobody ever asks me if my details are on file when I go buy a loaf at Tesco.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 09, 2010, 04:29:49 pm by Filo »
Well i`ve always had good service from the Ticket office but when i`ve tried to add to my friends and family on the online ticketing site it won`t let me do it, i`ve emailed the ticket office to point this out, and as of yet i`ve had no reply

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 09, 2010, 05:32:13 pm by not on facebook »
it dont sound good does it.

as a tester maybe it would be a good idea to get a member of
the doncaster public who has never been to a rovers game to
apply for a match ticket and see what comes out in the wash

Keith Myath

« Reply #5 on August 09, 2010, 05:48:20 pm by Keith Myath »
wing commander wrote:
I see that the rumours of improved customer service at the ticket office are unjustified. :S  This taken from the stanley board.......

I spent almost 2 hours on the phone to Doncaster Rovers this morning. What a total shambles. Waiting for ages for phone to be answered. When it was, there were long periods of deathly silence. When I eventually spoke to someone, I was promised a return call - that never arrived. When I rang again, I was told that my details were not \"on the system\" - hardly surprising as I have never had dealings with the club (and hope I never again have to).

If anyone thinks that Stanley's admin can be tinpot, just try Doncaster's. They are dreadful.

Why are they buying tickets from our end? It categorically says its all ticket and that they have to be bought at the ACC stanley ticket office as they are not on sale at on the night.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 09, 2010, 06:02:46 pm by ravenrover »
In defence of the ticket office I usually buy my tickets by phone as I live in Nottingham and have never had a problem. Today because I was up near Sheffield I decided to call in at The Keepmoat to get my Norwich and Leeds tickets and couldn't believe the queue. That is probably the main reason for problems today, the girls were dealing with face to face customers. They weren't helped today whilst I was there by the 4 young teenagers buying season tickets and generally messing about making it very difficult for me to hear the girls and them me, there was also a family registering for membership, the old chap who hadn't got a clue as to where in the ground he wanted to sit, the young guy next to him wanting to buy tickets for several matches and again not knowing where he wanted to sit, the chap wanting to change his seats etc etc.
There is no wonder that at busy times it's difficult to get through to them by phone if this is an example of what they have to put up with.

snods big brother

« Reply #7 on August 09, 2010, 06:06:55 pm by snods big brother »
Never had a problem with the ticket office always answered the phone promptly and dealt with my request quickly and efficiently

The_Rooky

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 09, 2010, 06:36:21 pm by The_Rooky »
ravenrover wrote:
In defence of the ticket office I usually buy my tickets by phone as I live in Nottingham and have never had a problem. Today because I was up near Sheffield I decided to call in at The Keepmoat to get my Norwich and Leeds tickets and couldn't believe the queue. That is probably the main reason for problems today, the girls were dealing with face to face customers. They weren't helped today whilst I was there by the 4 young teenagers buying season tickets and generally messing about making it very difficult for me to hear the girls and them me, there was also a family registering for membership, the old chap who hadn't got a clue as to where in the ground he wanted to sit, the young guy next to him wanting to buy tickets for several matches and again not knowing where he wanted to sit, the chap wanting to change his seats etc etc.
There is no wonder that at busy times it's difficult to get through to them by phone if this is an example of what they have to put up with.

...that's all well and good, but........it's a ticket office: surely these type of issues are what you'd expect to encounter working in that environment i.e. People needing assistance buying tickets!!

paddy drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 09, 2010, 07:27:56 pm by paddy drfc »
Only problem I've got with em is that when I finished work today at 4:00 in Sheffield an rushed to the ground to get my ticket for tomorrow night they had been shut 20 minutes ..... Someone ought to tell drfc that a lot of people work the same times that the ticket office is open .... Surely they could get some of the staff to start work a little later an stay open till 6ish (at least the day before a game) so people at work can get their tickets

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 09, 2010, 07:31:12 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
You could order by phone or online I guess?

Don't think it will ever be perfect, as for Accrington fans, do they really think they're such a draw we'd be turning them away on the night?

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 09, 2010, 07:49:16 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
I've lost count the number of times I've dealt with the ticket office and I don't have a single bad story to tell.

They have always been polite and helpful, with the tickets always arriving on time.

And before Frosty asks...no, I'm not bonking a ticket office lady. Although I would be open to offers.  :)

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 09, 2010, 08:13:37 pm by FuzzyDuck »
To be fair to Accrington fans, their website is statin that it is all ticket for Stanley.  Once again we're being helpful  :unsure:

On the \"Unknown fan buying a ticket\" test, I'll probably be home for a couple of games this season.  I'll give it a go and let you know  :whistle:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012