Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:11:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: mutch  (Read 2798 times)

racecourse red

• Forum Member
mutch
« on August 13, 2010, 07:32:37 pm by racecourse red »
on loan for a month at watford

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
Re:mutch
« Reply #1 on August 13, 2010, 08:13:41 pm by SkellowRover »
racecourse red wrote:
on loan for a month at watford

Hmmmm i wonder if we actually approached brum for Jordan because he said on facebook that he wanted to come back to us.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 13, 2010, 08:27:53 pm by BigH »
I'd take Mason over Mutch any day. JET just isn't available.

Adam

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 13, 2010, 08:50:37 pm by Adam »
BigH wrote:
I'd take Mason over Mutch any day. JET just isn't available.

You haven't even seen Mason play.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 13, 2010, 08:59:06 pm by Wellred »
Never thought he was up to mutch anyway  ;)  ;)

VikingJames

« Reply #5 on August 13, 2010, 09:04:13 pm by VikingJames »
I didn't rate him all that much here. He played well against Scunny at home, but other than that, he looked out of his depth. He might be a good player in the future, but for now, I think his level lies below the Championship.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 13, 2010, 09:14:33 pm by ravenrover »
Talking to landlord in our local tonight  who is a Spurs supporter and mentioned we had signed Mason on loan he reckons he is a cracker as is the young centre half. He started raving on about the youngsters Spurs are producing

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 13, 2010, 09:31:40 pm by BigH »
ahem yes I have sunshine

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 14, 2010, 12:22:01 am by Alan Southstand »
Disappointed about Mutch not coming back as it was felt that him and JET were almost gimmes. I remember JR saying that we'd had 2 agreed loanees coming in, but I don't think Mason is one of them, rather he is a reaction to the Hayter and Copps injuries. I think everyone believed that JET & Mutch were the 2.

Our loss, Watford's gain, I suppose.

We still need 2 players on top of what we have - preferably a CB and a striker.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 14, 2010, 01:33:59 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
That's disappointing. Much had been said about the possibility of Mutch returning and I highly rated the lad.

He should have been given more game time last season, especially at home as he clearly was a box to box player who wasn't phased by playing a central role.

Against Newcastle he was up against it but he got stuck in and did not disgrace himself against much more highly rated players.

Yes, we have a midfield that most teams are very envious of but, we have just witnessed how fragile that can be with injuries and suspensions.

Who would I trade Mutch for ? Gillett, Woods and Wilson. Too early to rate Payne against him but Mutch has so mutch potential.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 14, 2010, 08:10:04 am by CusworthRovers »
If we were grooming Mutch to be signed, then I would have liked more game time for him. However, if he was always going back, why build a team round a player who could be recalled at any given month in the season. Makes no sense IMO, and somebody like Woods would/should always come before Mutch (pardon the pun).

All immaterial now anyway.

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 14, 2010, 10:16:13 am by mutleyrover »
Our budget would be better used strengthening other areas of the team / squad with loan players.  He did ok last year but is certainly no better than the majority of midfielders in our squad.  Hopefully JET and a CB on loan for the season will be announced within the next few weeks and Mutch will be long forgotten.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 14, 2010, 10:26:34 am by Barmby Rover »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:

Who would I trade Mutch for ? Gillett, Woods and Wilson. Too early to rate Payne against him but Mutch has so mutch potential.

One who proved his worth last season and last week, a good solid pro who got better and better the more he played last season and a player who Preston would snap our hands off for and is being seriously considered for international honours. Mutch played how many full games last season? I wonder why? No doubt our poor coach just didn't recognise his worth in comparison to you!   :S  :blink:

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 14, 2010, 10:54:52 am by Redandwhitewhizards »
I don't think its a big loss, he certainly wouldn't have walked into the first team and that is probably why he chose Watford (or Birmingham chose Watford) over us. They will want their players to go out and play first team football, and not just warm the bench, afterall, they can do that in the Premiership

TinyPortal © 2005-2012