Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 12:53:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ross McCormack  (Read 3549 times)

ljm-drfc

• Forum Member
Ross McCormack
« on August 17, 2010, 09:25:35 pm by ljm-drfc »
Linked with Bristol City today, I think we should go for him as he will be way down the pecking order at Cardiff now. Also he knows the club well from his loan spell here and could score goals for us if he can stay fit.

Thoughts?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
Re:Ross McCormack
« Reply #1 on August 17, 2010, 09:26:07 pm by Guernsey Exile »
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #2 on August 17, 2010, 09:31:45 pm by DRFC MYERS »
would love to see him back in rovers kit

Keith Myath

« Reply #3 on August 17, 2010, 09:53:41 pm by Keith Myath »
Cardiff haven't paid Motherwell the £120 k compensation from when they signed him

It's a disgrace that a club can carry on the way they do, with little done by the ENGLISH FA   :angry:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 18, 2010, 12:50:47 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
would love to see him back in rovers kit

He and Billy are very similar in play and stature. Ross is perhaps more likely to have a pop from outside the box plus, he may get us a few more penalties. He's been largely responsible for Cardiff's extraordinary high ratio of penalty awards in recent seasons !

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 18, 2010, 01:44:29 am by RoversAlias »
Keith Myath wrote:
Cardiff haven't paid Motherwell the £120 k compensation from when they signed him

It's a disgrace that a club can carry on the way they do, with little done by the ENGLISH FA   :angry:

I thought that dispute was over £170k + for the Paul Quinn deal, nothing to do with Ross McCormack?

muff licker

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 18, 2010, 01:39:45 pm by muff licker »
Keith Myath wrote:

The fee that CCFC paid for Ross (£225k) has been paid, its the Quinn deal that is the outstanding amount.

As for Ross he loves it at Cardiff, but he knows he needs to move on especially as City have signed a young chap by the name of Bellamy. Ross has always asked who the club have bought/let go and always looks out for the result, and i spoke to him last night and i know if DRFC came knocking then im sure he would love to return.
A £4M fee was being banded last year, but i reckon a bid of £700-£800k would do it, Question is , are funds of that proportion available??

Chrisd_123

« Reply #7 on August 18, 2010, 02:52:55 pm by Chrisd_123 »
The Motherwell one is the one talked about because they're the ones complaining in public about it are they not? I'm sure I heard theres still 4 or 5 other transfers they still owe money for but Motherwell are the only ones really pushing to get their money by going public over it.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 18, 2010, 03:04:45 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
muff licker wrote:
Keith Myath wrote:

The fee that CCFC paid for Ross (£225k) has been paid, its the Quinn deal that is the outstanding amount.

As for Ross he loves it at Cardiff, but he knows he needs to move on especially as City have signed a young chap by the name of Bellamy. Ross has always asked who the club have bought/let go and always looks out for the result, and i spoke to him last night and i know if DRFC came knocking then im sure he would love to return.
A £4M fee was being banded last year, but i reckon a bid of £700-£800k would do it, Question is , are funds of that proportion available??

Tell him he doesn't have to do his own washing anymore.  ;)

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 18, 2010, 03:29:28 pm by Shawndrfc »
Cardiff have made McCormack available on loan and if we brought this lad in on loan it would be another coup. Him and Billy could be a great partners as billy is a goal poacher and Ross is great at running the channels, and with Ross already had a loan here a while back he knows the chairman and would do great in our system.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 18, 2010, 04:16:51 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Link

Skysports.com understands Ross McCormack has been made available for loan by Cardiff City.

Cardiff are willing to let the Scotland international move on following the signing of Craig Bellamy from Manchester City.
A number of clubs have been alerted to McCormack's availability, with Ipswich and Hull City both credited with showing an interest in the skilful forward.

Derby, Leeds and Burnley are all thought to have joined the chase for McCormack after moves to Portman Road and the KC Stadium fell through.

McCormack joined Cardiff for £125,000 in the summer of 2008 and enjoyed a superb debut season, netting 23 goals.

Cardiff rejected a bid in the region of £3.5million from Hull last summer, only for injuries to disrupt McCormack's progress last season - and when fit he played out wide rather than his preferred striking role.

However, the Bluebirds are now ready to let McCormack depart with the player keen to be playing regular first-team football this season.

Proven goalscorer

McCormack's agent, Willie McKay, has confirmed the 24-year-old is set to leave the club either on loan or on a permanent basis.

\"It is amazing how fortunes can change so quickly in football as just 12 months ago Cardiff rejected offers of over £3million for Ross and now they are willing to let him leave on loan,\" McKay told skysports.com.

\"Ross had a great first season for Cardiff, but last season was blighted by injuries and the fact that he was played out wide rather than as a central striker.

\"Ross is now fully fit and raring to go and Dave Jones has been great as he has allowed us to speak to interested clubs and that is what we are doing now.

\"Unfortunately Ross has been messed about by a few interested teams, but Ross just wants to go out and play football whether it is a permanent deal or a loan move.

\"Ross is a proven goalscorer for club and country and whoever ends up getting him will be getting a great signing as he will help them challenge for honours.\"

redrover19

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 18, 2010, 04:23:49 pm by redrover19 »
wouldn't it be great if we signed him before the weekend and he scored against them at the weekend and we won 0-1
 :laugh:  :laugh:

muff licker

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 18, 2010, 04:50:24 pm by muff licker »
redrover19 wrote:
wouldn't it be great if we signed him before the weekend and he scored against them at the weekend and we won 0-1
 :laugh:  :laugh:

If and it's a big IF, we did sign him then any loan deal would mean he not turning out against his parent club i would imagine so that scuppers that, however should he sign im sure a winning goal Vs Weeds would go down nicely.

brim1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 18, 2010, 05:06:54 pm by brim1980 »
Plus you look at Sod with billy last season he was allowed to play but done the \"Right thing\" and left him out of the squad

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 18, 2010, 06:25:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Ross has always asked who the club have bought/let go and always looks out for the result, and i spoke to him last night and i know if DRFC came knocking then im sure he would love to return.

Have you informed SOD of this ?

muff licker

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 18, 2010, 06:32:36 pm by muff licker »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
Ross has always asked who the club have bought/let go and always looks out for the result, and i spoke to him last night and i know if DRFC came knocking then im sure he would love to return.

Have you informed SOD of this ?

I have and he said he is going to have a cup of tea or two and ponder my information.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012